Father dead in the bathroom as "home alone" children write letters pleading with him to wake up

webfact

Father dead in the bathroom as "home alone" children write letters pleading with him to wake up

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BUNG KARN: -- Three young children living with their father in Bung Karn didn't realize their dad was dead in the bathroom.

They thought he was sleeping off a drinking bout. They brought a blanket to keep him warm and a drink of water.

Then went to bed. But when he was still there in the morning two of the eldest daughters wrote heartfelt letters to their dad begging him to come round.

When police and medics finally arrived they found the letters by the head of the victim.

The case that Thai Rath described as terribly sad came to light as the cremation of 54 year old Pheeraphan Hongthawee was taking place yesterday.

He lived with Jom Jem, 9, Jiap, 7 and a five year old boy. Their mother had gone to work in Bangkok with another younger child.

Pheeraphan died in the bathroom and the children thought he was sleeping off a drinking bout. The eldest child said he drank alcohol because he was stressed out due to a failed shrimp business.

So they got a blanket and a drink of water for him and took themselves off to bed. Next morning he was still there and they wrote letters to their dad.

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

One said: "We love you Dad. Don't die. Please recover and come back to us for ever. Let it be true. Amen."

Another had a child's drawing of three happy people.

A man selling chicken eventually came and told the children their father had died. When medics and police arrived they found he had been dead for ten hours.

The sad letters were placed at the head of the victim.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-27

It is so sad these children should ever have to witness something so tragic.  I cannot begin to imagine what must have been going on in their minds.  I hope somehow they can get on with their lives and find happiness as adults without being scarred for life.

1 hour ago, Tomasf said:

Very very sad. Very difficult to read this story. Seems the world is full of sadness. Rarely these days is there a positive and happy story in the news. God bless the children 

"Rarely these days is there a positive and happy story in the news." 

If it's not in the news this does not mean there are not those kind of stories.

I guess there are plenty.

The news just bring what they think will sell best: murder, chaos, accident ....

Don't allow  the news to mold your world view

Edited by sweatalot

1 hour ago, Tomasf said:

Very very sad. Very difficult to read this story. Seems the world is full of sadness. Rarely these days is there a positive and happy story in the news. God bless the children 

"God bless the children"

So far so bad! 

Poor little buggers. Leave your 'gods' out of this.

Edited by Essaybloke
clarification

I am in Bangkok attending an annual meeting. Sitting in a roof top bar enjoying a drink and my wife and kids are in the room sleeping peacefully. This story is so hard hitting and only highlights how disconnected we become as expats. If there is any way we can contribute to help these loving kids get a foothold on life I would be happy to help. If we all give a little it will go a long way. Such a sad tale for kids so young. God bless