Poll -- Do you have a Facebook account?

Jingthing

Do you have a Facebook account?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know only a handful of people without a FB account.. One of them is my father!... 

Its a handy communication tool, it nice to see photos of friends and their growing families back home. 

There's some fun stuff on there, but it does seem a little too addictive for some and tends to bring out the narcissistic tendencies...  

Can I be first on your second hand, even though we don't know each other?

3 hours ago, Black arab said:

I have an acc but rarely use it, but since i retired ive got alot of previous work (colleagues) wanting me to friend them but when i was working they werent that forthcoming. Maybe hoping for a free holiday.

Maybe they just remember you as being a nice non cynical guy who didnt always assume others have ulterior motives and thus wanted to be your friend?

Had one way back in the day. Got fed up with the banal postings and the Monday morning rants from the ex's friends bitching about who did what at the weekend. Quit in 2010 and didn't miss it.

Initially it was nice to see what old school friends were up to and we even had a reunion do. About half way through the night it became apparent why we no longer kept in touch and myself and a couple of mates who did remain friends after school called it a night and did our own thing.:partytime2:

A previous poster mentioned his annoyance at companies who do not have websites and use Facebook. This is something I have found in Thailand and is a little annoying.

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes in a fake name with a fake e mail address and used on a vpn , i just use it to look at pictures of family and friends who know its me but never contact me through it . big brother is watching you .:whistling:

Sooner or later they may lock your account and ask you to verify your identity. This has happened on 2 of my "fake" accounts. They only settle for official identity documents. 

The only reason I keep Facebook accounts is to access Facebook pages when necessary. Too many businesses these days use it. Facebook business is so entrenched you have no choice.

12 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

the dude who's the head of facebook looks like a creep, sorta like: 'hey, I'm so rich and powerful that I can wear t - shirts and levis anytime I want...'

I don't wanna be part of anything that he's associated with...

Would you want to be part of anything that he was associated with if he only wore designer suits ?

What should he wear ? Fakes from Thailand ?

Or, just go around naked all the time ?

Just now, sanemax said:

Would you want to be part of anything that he was associated with if he only wore designer suits ?

What should he wear ? Fakes from Thailand ?

Or, just go around naked all the time ?

meself I adhere to the old adage 'go nude today...' (stenciled on a sidewalk in Berkeley CA in 1969) down the local market they don't even notice that I'm there...

mr facebook should get himself 'a nice leisure suit, powder blue' as he 'looks like a fire sale...' (from the film Atlantic City, 1980)...

21 hours ago, transam said:

Do you have something to hide....?   sun.gif.eaa209dc8269da3c9bb5021d8389af6f.gif

Do you leave your windows & doors open & unlocked?   No?  Do you have something to hide.....?

It's called p-r-I-v-a-c-y, Sherlock.  Security issues as well.   Some people still take these things seriously, and you're living in fantasy-land if you think FB can guarantee it when the banks can't, healthcare providers can't, retailers can't, and even governments can't protect their security clearance, national security, and tax information.   And for an experienced hacker, breaking into FB accounts must be absolute child's play.  The biggest thing protecting most FB users has to be the mountain of digital trash that accumulates in their accounts rather than the security controls - few intruders would want to waste their time wading through that crap even with automated data extractors unless they were looking for and expected to find something specific.

And of course, when it comes to the govt, nothing accessed online is secure.  Even some VPNs create a false sense of security & privacy.

Yes, I have a FB account.  I found that I need one in order to sign in to various web sites.  I have turned off all notifications so I don't get all that crap coming up when I turn on my computer.  I have found a few old friends on F'book so I guess that is a positive result.  Otherwise I check it on rare occasions.  I checked it a few days ago (27th) and discovered a note from a friend from the US saying he would be in Phuket on the 15th and would like to see me.   Oops, sorry about that, "Why didn't you send me an email?"  The only reason I checked it is because my girl accused me of having photos of a new girl on the site,  Whaaaat are you talking about!!!??"  I checked and nothing.  But F'book posts photos of people to my page who want to be my "friend"or "Do you know this person".  Took two days to talk her down.  Facebook and the other social media sites are the end of social civilization.  

I signed up for Line a few weeks ago only because there is an icon on my phone.  Within a few hours iI was inundated with messages and notifications from people and entities I didn't know.  So I will never open that again.  

Email serves my purposes very well.  I don't get all the crap that I don't want and don't need and I don't care what you had for dinner. 

But then I am a 75 year old curmudgeon and nobody cares what I think anyway.

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

Do you leave your windows & doors open & unlocked?   No?  Do you have something to hide.....?

It's called p-r-I-v-a-c-y, Sherlock.  Security issues as well.   Some people still take these things seriously, and you're living in fantasy-land if you think FB can guarantee it when the banks can't, healthcare providers can't, retailers can't, and even governments can't protect their security clearance, national security, and tax information.   And for an experienced hacker, breaking into FB accounts must be absolute child's play.  The biggest thing protecting most FB users has to be the mountain of digital trash that accumulates in their accounts rather than the security controls - few intruders would want to waste their time wading through that crap even with automated data extractors unless they were looking for and expected to find something specific.

And of course, when it comes to the govt, nothing accessed online is secure.  Even some VPNs create a false sense of security & privacy.

My name ain't Sherlock, it's Doris..:giggle:

Weeeell, I am one that has absolutely nothing to hide, my FB has nothing on it for me to be concerned about, nothing, but l do use the privacy stuff. We live in a world where every day you are on a camera somewhere, even in your car. Go to the airport you are on camera.

Anyone that uses the Net perhaps leaves themselves open to stuff, if l were to worry about that shit l would lock the doors and stand behind the curtain.

You join any forum and staff have access to your basic stuff, do you worry about that...?

Has this post / survey been made because of my question yesterday ( below )to the TV team ?

What is the point in making posts that fall within "Facebook " and that you have to belong to read the article ? Have in mind the post for the Ladies Thailand European golf championship at the Phoenix in July . It is not everyone that subscribes for one reason or another.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

Can you see the irony of posting that on an anonymous forum ?

Instead of conversing with real life friends on facebook, you would rather converse with strangers anonymously..................because you "prefer real people"

Oh, the irony 

classic. Its just what I was thinking. I bet that he doesnt have any friends anyway. 

Yes, I have a FB account.  I found that I need one in order to sign in to various web sites.  I have turned off all notifications so I don't get all that crap coming up when I turn on my computer.  I have found a few old friends on F'book so I guess that is a positive result.  Otherwise I check it on rare occasions.  I checked it a few days ago (27th) and discovered a note from a friend from the US saying he would be in Phuket on the 15th and would like to see me.   Oops, sorry about that, "Why didn't you send me an email?"  The only reason I checked it is because my girl accused me of having photos of a new girl on the site,  Whaaaat are you talking about!!!??"  I checked and nothing.  But F'book posts photos of people to my page who want to be my "friend"or "Do you know this person".  Took two days to talk her down.  Facebook and the other social media sites are the end of social civilization.  

I signed up for Line a few weeks ago only because there is an icon on my phone.  Within a few hours iI was inundated with messages and notifications from people and entities I didn't know.  So I will never open that again.  

Email serves my purposes very well.  I don't get all the crap that I don't want and don't need and I don't care what you had for dinner. 

But then I am a 75 year old curmudgeon and nobody cares what I think anyway.

Switch off auto add contacts on Line and you'll never be disturbed. It's one of the better communication apps IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app