PM Prayut turns to verse to get his message across

webfact

PM turns to verse to get his message across
By Wasamon Audjarint
The Nation

04ca0bf126ad85266b93c6d15cb3d399.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- He hosts a solo talk show on TV, has written songs – and the latest on the talent list of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha is composing a poem to cherish his much-favoured “Thailand 4.0” concept.

The nine-stanza klon (poem) was named after the government’s scheme to adopt innovation and technology to boost the economy in a fast-changing modern world.

Prayut was so overwhelmed about having penned the verse, which he did in his free time, that he read the entire poem out for the whole Cabinet to hear during yesterday’s meeting.

Though titled “Thailand 4.0”, the poem in fact only touches slightly on tech-savvy stuff. 

It starts by encouraging “Thai successors” to be loyal to the Kingdom’s traditional three main pillars – the nation, religion and the monarchy.

It goes on to ask Thais to offer hands together to improve agriculture, industry, the economy, education and social security.

“The most important thing today is law,” says Prayut, who has used his absolute power under Article 44 of the interim charter to enact more than 150 orders. “[We] should not stand against it, and [should] hold it as a ground to follow.”

The poem also delves into “Pracha Rat”, another of his administration’s iconic schemes, involving cooperation among the government, private and civil-society sectors.

“[We] have to be fast to get rid of conflicts and doubts,” it says. “This is for tomorrow, for us to continue ancient legacy for Thailand’s progress.”

Last September, Suan Dusit poll results found that more than 75 per cent of 1,167 people sampled nationwide said that they understood the junta government more after it had hosted a day-long press briefing on its two-year performance. 

The event, of course, included an hour-long speech by the premier.

But another Suan Dusit poll earlier this month found that most people agreed that Prayut’s government should listen to political criticism. 

Decent comments would not divide people, respondents said, and instead could bring about fruitful practices.

Although Prayut acknowledged that his poem was not perfect in terms of rhyming, he said it had been written with his pure intention to “improve” public understanding on the government’s performance.

“I tried every channel, but people still don’t understand us,” Prayut said, half-jokingly.

“I talked. I wrote songs. I did it all. Maybe next time I have to make the government spokesperson sing likay [Thai local folk theatre style], or else people won’t get to eventually understand us. That would just prolong conflicts,” he added, philosophically.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319295

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-28

Just a shame he not an acclaimed premier .

No idea how this clown got so much money or organised a coup or stayed as PM for as long as has, he looking a daily prize winning tit and making a complete farce of his road map agenda which likely further complicate thai politics and law and order for decades to come .

Could it be a poetic justice? and the PM is a really deep down, tortured

tender soul? in any case, if the man what to make himself to look silly,

why stop him?... not as if Thais are big on poems, unless they were 

written on a 1,000 baht bills.... 

"Maybe next time I have to make the government spokesperson sing likay [Thai local folk theatre style], or else people won’t get to eventually understand us". 

Maybe next month if you do "actually" get an invitation to meet President Trump you can sing your meeting in likay or put it in poetry because I don't think the world understands you.  I am sure that will give them an understanding of your status as a World Leader.

17 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Maybe Hollywood could do a Comedy version here of Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator ? 

The PMs next  thing will be, i am now a singer.

His signature tune will be !! Yes i am the great pretender 

Remember, the Platters hit song?

Edited by colinneil

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“I talked. I wrote songs. I did it all. Maybe next time I have to make the government spokesperson sing likay [Thai local folk theatre style], or else people won’t get to eventually understand us. That would just prolong conflicts,” he added, philosophically.

It is all quite clear.  How could they not understand ?  Conflicts will not be prolonged, but are now ingrained. 

Perhaps in honor/memory of Sunthorn Phu? Phra Sunthorn Vohara, known as Sunthorn Phu(26 June 1786 – 1855),  Thailand's best-known royal poet. He wrote during the Rattanakosin period. Phu's career as a royal poet began in the reign of King Rama II, and when the king died, he resigned from the role and became a monk. Sunthorn Phu Day is celebrated June 26.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The nine-stanza klon (poem) was named after the government’s scheme to adopt innovation and technology to boost the economy in a fast-changing modern world.

Like manufacturing charcoal and cooking with it? Cut trees, burn them and then burn them again. This predates the bronze age so why is it still going on when its a known carcinogen?.

Agriculture?... don't let me get started.....

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut was so overwhelmed about having penned the verse, which he did in his free time, that he read the entire poem out for the whole Cabinet to hear during yesterday’s meeting.

They deserve the honour. I do trust he will refrain from honouring everyone else.

For all fans who have expressed their admiration for this talented writer, I cannot help but share again one of his masterpieces: the lyrics of his best songs ever:

"The day the nation, the King, and the mass of people live without danger
We offer to guard and protect you with our hearts
This is our promise
Today the nation is facing menacing danger
The flames are rising
Let us be the ones who step in, before it is too late
To bring back love, how long will it take?
Please, will you wait? We will move beyond disputes
We will do what we promised. We are asking for a little more time.
And the beautiful land will return
We will do with sincerity
All we ask of you is to trust and have faith in us
The land will be good soon
Let us return happiness to you, the people
Today, we will be tired [because of our mission], we know
We offer to fight the danger
Lives of soldiers will not surrender
This is our promise
Today the nation is facing menacing danger.
The flames are rising
Let us be the ones who step in, before it is too late
The land will be good soon
Happiness will return to Thailand"

It's quite clear he actually believes the **** he's sprouting. Let's not forget he's an ultra-nationalist and ultra-royalist. While he talks about fighting for democracy in Thailand what he seems to want is a return to a rigid Sakdina system, where the rural population lives in obedient, noble poverty and "managed" by a middle class who again are ruled by a Bangkok based elite.

Well guess what little man, it's too late to turn back the clock.