a foreigner who speaks Thai well

CaptHaddock

In yesterday's broadcast of ที่นี้ไทยพีบีเอส there is an interview in Thai wth Phil Robertson, Deputy Director, Asia Division, Human Rights Watch, about the latest US report on the condition of human rights in Thailand and elsewhere.  Mr. Robertson speaks Thai quite well.  His rhythm in particular is very natural as well as his pronunciation.  Apparently he is fluent in Lao as well.  Very impressive.

The interview begins at about the 13 minute mark.

Yes, he speaks clearly. Only criticism could be too many ums and ahs but when you're thinking  carefully about your answer as you're speaking, as he is, it must be very difficult to keep out hesitation traits from your first language.

I love listening  to or watching Nata, the main presenter of the news that night. Intelligent, enthusiastic and humorous she can make paint drying seem fascinating.

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Yes, he speaks clearly. Only criticism could be too many ums and ahs but when you're thinking  carefully about your answer as you're speaking, as he is, it must be very difficult to keep out hesitation traits from your first language.

I love listening  to or watching Nata, the main presenter of the news that night. Intelligent, enthusiastic and humorous she can make paint drying seem fascinating.

I like Natta a lot, too, mainly because she speaks clearly.  She speaks English well, too.  It's a pity that so much of the news she has to read is propagandistic drivel.