Pattaya Retirement Extension Report

Extended my permission to stay another year today in Pattaya-Jomtien. The documents I used:

Passport

Application

1 photo

Bank statement (800k or more balance)

Bank book

Thai driver's license (proof of address).

I gave these to the folks at the visa shop next to Immigration office and they completed the application and made copies of what was needed. Charge for service 100 baht. Submitted the documents and 1900 baht to Desk 8 where they were given the once-over and then given number for passport pick-up tomorrow.

Total time approx. 20 minutes.

Edited by CutiePi
grammar, clarity

very good and congrats for your visa extention!!.....looks like if you use one of the "accredited visa shops" near immigration, the process seems to be faster?....some sort of accredited split of the cake?

Edited by observer90210

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

very good and congrats for your visa!!.....looks like if you use one of the "accredited visa shops" near immigration, the process seems to be faster?....some sort of accredited split of the cake?

Do you mean the photo copy shops, not the Visa agents.

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

very good and congrats for your visa!!.....looks like if you use one of the "accredited visa shops" near immigration, the process seems to be faster?....some sort of accredited split of the cake?

I didn't get a visa but an extension of stay to my non-immigrant visa. I think it was just not crowded...no line at the "retirement" desk.

5 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

I didn't get a visa but an extension of stay to my non-immigrant visa. I think it was just not crowded...no line at the "retirement" desk.

ok thanks I added "extention" to my post....enjoy your (extended) period of stay!

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

very good and congrats for your visa extention!!.....looks like if you use one of the "accredited visa shops" near immigration, the process seems to be faster?....some sort of accredited split of the cake?

They helped him fill in the form and get the correct photocopies from his passport.

I applied for the same extension today, but I had used the "fillable TM 47 form" available on Thaivisa and printed it out at home and photocopied the necessary passport pages myself.

It only took 10 minutes. The trick is to go midweek late in the afternoon. Everyone thinks you have to go early and by late afternoon the officers have nothing to do and they're just sitting around playing with their phones.

I've noticed that in the last few years they have a junior clerk (no uniform) to do all the document checking, while the officers just sit behind the desk and enjoy free time. It's a lot faster now as this guy is very efficient.

Edited by tropo

Just now, tropo said:

They helped him fill in the form and get the correct photocopies from his passport.

I applied for the same extension today, but I had used the "fillable TM 47 form" available on Thaivisa and printed it out at home and photocopied the necessary passport pages myself.

It only took 10 minutes. The trick is to go midweek late in the afternoon. Everyone thinks you have to go early and by late afternoon the officers have nothing to do and they're just sitting around playing with their phones.

Good Tip, that I'm sure will be very useful for those in need of the formality!...I think I will invest in a photo copy machine as it seems as vital  in Thailand as the a/c!!!:biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Good Tip, that I'm sure will be very useful for those in need of the formality!...I think I will invest in a photo copy machine as it seems as vital  in Thailand as the a/c!!!:biggrin:

I use a cheap printer, but if you buy one make sure you use it often as the printer heads dry out if it's dormant for too long. I'm on my 4th printer now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

I use a cheap printer, but if you buy one make sure you use it often as the printer heads dry out if it's dormant for too long. I'm on my 4th printer now.

My dear friend you just resumed years of my frustrations with the home printers drying up as I naturally prefered to print out the online manuals with the printer at office!!:cheesy:

Solved the issue in investing in a laser printer...the stand by for the ink is unbeatably longer and no more issues with those damm ink holes drying up....the cost is a bit higher for the toner when they need change, but as the prices drastically plunged for these laser wifi printers and the toners in Europe, decided to purchase one 5 years ago and never did I regret it...Ultimately, it perhaps would be cheaper on the long run in not having to replace regularly the dried up ink jet cartridges or what so ever...

• Like 1