Poll -- Rats that aren't ratatouille in restaurants, would that put you off?

Jingthing

Rats in restaurants ...   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually have a few rats in the freezer- boyfriend's mother brought them down from Udon- magnificent tails! 

I was not too happy- but was told they are difficult to catch and taste good- so thought of Rat stroganoff- with fresh pasta , garlic, cream and a touch of smoked praprika.

Rats inside the restaurant? We get used to most things- but would not go back- unless the food was stunning . 

I've known people afraid of 'flying' and I've known some to put money in their mattresses instead of banks, and now I see some that see a rat in a third world country and don't want to eat there...... I say if you ate and liked the food, then went home and slept well without getting sick.... then go back.......

How many times has the cook spit in your food without you knowing it? How many times have there been rats in a kitchen that you didn't see, and you were very happy with the place.

Jingthing, you been around here for a looooong time...... How is it you don't know that Buddhist teachings discourage killing another living creature..........

Enjoy life.... They make antibiotics now for the rare case of diaharrea...... Don't be afraid of flying either, It is safer than your ride to the airport..........

Jingthing, much of this is in 'jest'.......... But don't worry so much about things unless it really going to harm you......... Cheers from a Yank........

11 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

As long as I did not see it in my soup or salad the next day who gives a rat's arse??

Lol.  And how would you know?   Does butchered rat look that much different from butchered anything-else, particularly cooked?

years ago we went to Bali. Because of many delays we landed in Denpasar at night. Our car did not come, so at the end all restaurants were closed. On the way to our hotel we passed a stand with BBQ. The smell was inviting. And the meat was very tasty. Asking what is was the dealer told us: RAT.

So there is no harm to eat them.

Difficult one as, I gather, rat urine and faeces can spread various diseases.

Rats don't bother me at all (actually I think they're quite cute!) but I'd be a bit concerned if seeing them (indoors) in restaurants as if they're in the seating area - they're also likely to be in the kitchen during the night.

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

Can't remember too many restaurants in Thailand where I never saw a rat, so don't worry about it. 

You are correct.  Rats are everywhere here.  Despite this, I have yet to meet anyone who has got sick from some rat disease.