Govt will have to seize Yingluck's assets within 10 years: Wissanu

webfact

Govt will have to seize Yingluck's assets within 10 years: Wissanu

By The Nation

ed38de87faea0c44610a8c66d1b77f3c.jpeg

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam on Thursday said the statute of limitation for the seizure of ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets is 10 years and it has already begun.

The state could seize her assets during the period once they were found, he said.

Yingluck has been charged with negligence for failing to prevent corruption in the scheme. 

The scheme allegedly wasted around Bt500 billion of state budget and Yingluck herself has been charged in a criminal case and told to compensate Bt35 billion of the damage.

Wissanu earlier said officials had no idea where Yingluck’s assets were, suggesting no asset seizure has yet been carried out.

He affirmed that the process has not stopped, because official concerns have their own ways of accomplishing the task.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319485

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-30

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Wissanu earlier said officials had no idea where Yingluck’s assets were, suggesting no asset seizure has yet been carried out.

Did you really think that she'd be sitting idle there waiting for you to come

and confiscate her assets and not try to hide them somewhere, like nay

one else would?

However, being the government and all it's powers, there are many ways

to follow the trails of hidden assets, as it's there, under different names....

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Is it legal to size someone's assets before found guilty in Thailand? Its an ongoing case isn't it?

correct me if i am wrong but i think the army ordered her assets  seized to pay the billion US$ fine. i guess they came up with that figure as well. now the army is in charge they can do what ever they want of course. i am probably almost as surprised as the army that she is still in thailand after having ample time to depart with her booty.

wonder when to 10 year statute of limitations started.  

Just now, williamgeorgeallen said:

correct me if i am wrong but i think the army ordered her assets  seized to pay the billion US$ fine. i guess they came up with that figure as well. now the army is in charge they can do what ever they want of course. i am probably almost as surprised as the army that she is still in thailand after having ample time to depart with her booty.

only as long as the army is in charge, or at least the Junta has the support of all of the army

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Logically, I expect it would be from the time it was levied/announced. Unless you have a better suggestion........

Ten years?
That makes two assumptions.
1. That this government is still in power in ten years.
2. That a government more "sympathetic" to Yingluck has not come to power in that period, whether by election or more likely as a response to an election being held and then the result being overturned by various junta appointed bodies with suitably Orwellian titles and acronyms.

Just now, williamgeorgeallen said:

i am not sure. i would agree with your suggestion. 10 years or till the reds get back in if they are allowed run again.

Yes, they have a habit of stopping all prosecution of their criminals.

but one must admit...she is one hell of a hottie for her age!!!...and not stupid as the grub, if any, may obviously have been safely stacked in a cushy offshore tax haven....Good idea to wait 10 years as the cash will earn good interest in the meanwhile!!:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, webfact said:

because official concerns have their own ways of accomplishing the task.

what does that mean ? especially in this case; if they cant find them, then they cant find them; if she and her family get monies from ongoing businesses, then watch that; if she is a partner in an ongoing business , then value that and force her to sell her shares

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He affirmed that the process has not stopped, because official concerns have their own ways of accomplishing the task.

Und They ave wayz ov making you speak.  

Bet they find what Dick Cheney and George Bush found in Iraq, nothing.

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

Only if the military plan to stay in power another 10 years....

Regardless of the outcome of an election, the military have made reforms in the constitution that gives them power over any elected government.

So, will they still be in power in 10 years?  Of course they will but this time it's built into the constitution.

So what has happened to all the assets on that she previously declared ?

Have they vanished in a poof of smoke? Or was that mushroom farm running at a huge loss? What happened to those 25+ pearl necklaces she was photographed buying while holidaying with her criminal brother in China? All the designer handbags, jewels, watches etc?

Have all the bank accounts been checked to see if any big transfers or withdrawls have been made? Maybe that's what was in all that luggage her nieces took to London.

Someone doesn't seem to be looking to hard?

All part of the game. A game in which few of the hiso players rarely loose or get punished. That's only for minions.

41 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So what has happened to all the assets on that she previously declared ?

Have they vanished in a poof of smoke? Or was that mushroom farm running at a huge loss? What happened to those 25+ pearl necklaces she was photographed buying while holidaying with her criminal brother in China? All the designer handbags, jewels, watches etc?

Have all the bank accounts been checked to see if any big transfers or withdrawls have been made? Maybe that's what was in all that luggage her nieces took to London.

Someone doesn't seem to be looking to hard?

All part of the game. A game in which few of the hiso players rarely loose or get punished. That's only for minions.

The last line renders the first 5 of your post redundant.

Surprise, surprise irrational and obsessive hatred of Shinawatras is limited to a few nutters here on TV.

The Junta don't hate Yingluck, they just want her out of the way so they can keep their snouts in the trough.

Guess the jokes on you.

20 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

The last line renders the first 5 of your post redundant.

Surprise, surprise irrational and obsessive hatred of Shinawatras is limited to a few nutters here on TV.

The Junta don't hate Yingluck, they just want her out of the way so they can keep their snouts in the trough.

Guess the jokes on you.

Sometimes I doubt that you've ever been to Thailand, when you make sweeping pronouncements which any body here would recognise as a lie.

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

Sometimes I doubt that you've ever been to Thailand, when you make sweeping pronouncements which any body here would recognise as a lie.

Did you not read your comrades post?

"All part of the game. A game in which few of the hiso players rarely loose or get punished. That's only for minions." 

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Did you really think that she'd be sitting idle there waiting for you to come

and confiscate her assets and not try to hide them somewhere, like nay

one else would?

However, being the government and all it's powers, there are many ways

to follow the trails of hidden assets, as it's there, under different names....

Under 10s of millions of rotting pieces of paper

On 6/30/2017 at 5:16 AM, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Is it legal to size someone's assets before found guilty in Thailand? Its an ongoing case isn't it?

and here is the answer:.............. because official concerns have their own ways ..........................

Indeed, the article -- very badly -- makes it sound like she's already been convicted in the criminal case, which in fact hasn't had any verdict as yet. But that hasn't stopped the government from pursuing an administrative asset seizure case.

The scheme allegedly wasted around Bt500 billion of state budget and Yingluck herself has been charged in a criminal case and told to compensate Bt35 billion of the damage.

Told by who???  The courts?  Not thus far. Told by the government, yes. But you wouldn't know that from reading the above report.

The government has a large, well paid team scurrying around the country looking for Yingluck's assets that were clearly specified in her assets declaration. this could take all 10 years and will be highly profitable for the team.  

They do that all the time in America.  It is called "Asset Forfeiture " 

11 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

They do that all the time in America.  It is called "Asset Forfeiture " 

Where it is subject to supervision by the courts, and  where the person from whom the assets are  seized can apply to the courts for their return.

What's more if the associated criminal or civil prosecution results in a not guilty verdict they are returned.

I believe the same is true in the UK and Canada.

Somehow I doubt that, whatever the verdict on Yingluck, if this regime ever gets its sticky paws on any assets, they will ever be seen or heard of again!

Cynical - moi?