Myanmar workers leave Thailand in despair

webfact

21 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Now this is bad news!....if all the migrants leave, there will be nobody left to get accused of some crime they did not commit!!...

Now these workers will need to be replaced? By who? Thais? For the same salary? Doubt it....

Obviously costs will increase and price tags too....hey!!...come back!!!:1zgarz5:

The robots of course:giggle:

22 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

This proves my point exactly from another post that Thailand has been exploiting migrant workers.  The report admits that they were working illegally for Thai companies. If the Thai companies wanted to pay the legal minimum wage, ensure their employees were covered medically then they could have done so , but no exploited them through and through.  No wonder Thailand is on Tier 2. 

agree thousand percent...they get heavy exploited from the company's ... work agencys ...transport company's production plants , holiday resorts, restaurants etc etc....all make money on the back and on the expense of these desperate laborers....and they have to follow along because the worst in Thailand is probably hundred times better what they can get at home... once in Myanmar a young well spoken and educated man told me that after his college he will go to Thailand for his job....when i asked why not work in Myanmar he gave me a sad look...says a lot about Myanmar as a whole....

OMG, being forced to pay a living wage to your employees - what a catastrophe.

Isn't it just. My thoughts are if you are going to employ someone you pay them the going rate. But if they were to do that then I'd bet there would be Thais looking for that job, sort of enforcing what the government is saying about illegals being dangerous to Thai employment.

And of course employers will try to go the illegal route so they don't have to put the 20,000 baht 'deposit' on every worker. Even for a small or medium business that can be a lot of capital locked up.