Converting visa exempt to non-immigrant o

11 hours ago, worldfun said:

Thanks for the info so 90 days is all I'll get, then I'd wanna apply as early I can for the 1 year extension in order to only do the multiple entry reentry on the 1 year and not having to do it twice or even trice (on current 60 day exempt extension/K1). However the limit to as soon I can apply 1Y extension would be how soon the 400k have been in the bank towards the 2 months req. I guess...

You can apply for the extension during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry from the visa application as long as the money has been in the bank for 2 months.

When you apply for the extension you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the date you apply. When go back they will do the one year extension stamp. After getting the stamp you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

• Like 1

If you have the money in the bank in Thailand your passbook will show where the funds came from.

In Bangkok Bank the code FFT  or sometimes FTT indicates a Foreign Funds Transfer into Thailand.

This code is printed by the computer next to the bankbook date and amount of funds.

Many of the people working in immigration know that, which is why  they may ask to see your bank passbook and perhaps photocopy its pages to submit with your  initial retirement application.

I've had this done to me before.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a comment
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

I am going to KL embassy tomorrow for a single entry non-o visa. I have all the paperwork, but forgot to ask, does my wife needs to sign the documents like in Thailand, or does the embassy not require this?

She should sign the copies of her house book registry and ID card.

So you have 400k baht in the bank to show.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is only need for the visa application.

For extensions it is not required since the money needs to be in the bank for 60 days for the first extension and then 3 months after that.

UBJ; you sure on this ? each extension, we(my thai wife, who handles the thorny details, and me) submit a fresh letter from the bank and all updated passbooks; i Suppose we did it long ago for the original visa and WE assumed it was needed for all the extensions...

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

UBJ; you sure on this ? each extension, we(my thai wife, who handles the thorny details, and me) submit a fresh letter from the bank and all updated passbooks; i Suppose we did it long ago for the original visa and WE assumed it was needed for all the extensions...

The same financial proof is needed for all the extensions. Bank letters and copies of bank book.

Ok, I've submitted my paperwork to KL embassy and expect to get my single entry non-o tomorrow. Another question has raised it's head. Once I'm stamped back into Thailand, with a 3month entry, this visa will then be void, is that correct? So, if I need to travel out of Thailand during that 3months, then I'll need a re-entry stamp from immigration to keep the visa date valid, is this correct? I do expect to have to go to work during this 3month entry, so need to be able to get back before the date expires to make a 1yr extension based on retirement. Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

Ok, I've submitted my paperwork to KL embassy and expect to get my single entry non-o tomorrow. Another question has raised it's head. Once I'm stamped back into Thailand, with a 3month entry, this visa will then be void, is that correct? So, if I need to travel out of Thailand during that 3months, then I'll need a re-entry stamp from immigration to keep the visa date valid, is this correct? I do expect to have to go to work during this 3month entry, so need to be able to get back before the date expires to make a 1yr extension based on retirement. Thanks in advance.

You can get a re-entry permit that will keep the remainder to the 90 day entry valid when you re-enter the country.

• 5 years later...
7 minutes ago, Gasoil said:

After obtaining the 90 day O visa, how long before yo can get a multi entry visa ?. As I only really plan to stay about 60 days after obtaining it, hope fully this week ????

You a can apply for a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day stay valid when you enter the country.

After you apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 days you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit.

My o visa application was accepted Monday but my wife's rejected because her funds did not come from overseas, they came from me !.

So I had to prove she was my wife, her passport wasn't proof enough !.

Luckily we had our marriage certificate still in country, and we produced this Tuesday and we were both accepted.

Hope this might help someone in the future.

Thanks everyone for your help especially UBJ for your swift response

On 7/8/2017 at 11:30 AM, IMA_FARANG said:

If you have the money in the bank in Thailand your passbook will show where the funds came from.

Not if you have consolidated entries.

Since I started doing extensions in 2014 immigration have never asked to see my passbook, only ever interested in the bank statement.

On my statements deposits show up as "Transfer in via EXIM".