First of the month.

maybefitz

Does anyone else do the "Pinch and a Punch, it's the first of the month" routine? I introduced it to my Thai wife some time ago, and she fully participates. As I am in my dotage, she usually beats me to it, full of glee and peals of laughter.

Today, I was awake at 1.15am, so took the initiative, switched on the light,. She groggily said "Eh?", so I did the honours. Was it worth it to beat her for once? Doubtful, the response was heavy, her slap and kick were full of malicious invective.

It's in keeping with the idea that Thais will smile and join in Sanook, but you know darned well, that given the opportunity, they will get revenge. It's part of the 'loss of face' culture. 

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes we did when I was a nipper. However, if I did it first to my eldest & slightly spiteful sister, she would retaliate with:

'A pinch & a kick, for being so quick'

Cow.

:laugh:

Respond with "A pinch and a blow for being so slow" :smile:

Yes to the OP I used to when I remembered but have pretty much given up on it due to lack of interest from the recipients..........

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Seems we have a few little kids posting on this forum based on their responses about a "Pinch and a Punch for the first of the month"

I remember it from my school days 40 + years ago.

One of the joys of being a non alcoholic is the memory stays alive.

6 hours ago, cooked said:

I have said "White rabbits" on the first for over 50 years. Don't know why I started.

Mum & Dad used to say: "White Rabbits, Bring Me Luck" 3 times on the first.

I would so love to hear them say this again.......:sad: