O-A Visa from London - Postal applications

8 hours ago, perthperson said:

The art of communication involves  providing a clear and unambiguous message using simple, common vocabulary and very short sentences.

They tick all the boxes ! 

Indeed - much to be preferred to Sir Humphrey-esque waffle which completely ducks the question in any case!

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:58 AM, spambot said:

UPDATE: Just got a response from London Embassy -  below is straight copy and paste - Showing confirmation that postal applications are acceptable.

-------------------------------------------------------------email sent------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Can you confirm that postal applications for O-A visa are acceptable?

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------email back------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

yes 

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB
www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've always maintained throughout this topic, but I'm pleased you got personal confirmation from the Embassy and it provides some vital updated information for other members of this forum.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2017 at 5:23 PM, spambot said:

I just came off a call to Liverpool Consulate.

Questions:

Can a postal application be made for O-A visa?

Answer:    

YES

They also sent me an email with a Microsoft word attachment which was supposed to show  written evidence that a postal application is acceptable  - Which ended up being just a copy of the web page (that has been linked in this thread). 

From this call and the information provided it would seem that the website even though does not explicitly identify the actual postal policy for just the O-A Visa applications - The interpretation should be - Postal applications are acceptable.

I have also emailed the London embassy with the same question, but I am not holding my breath. 

My experience with the London Thai Embassy is that information directly from the Embassy trumps anything online which may be out of date.

• Like 1