The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

Just an update on my aches & pains, seems I have dengue fever but without the fever ........

It feels likes it's broken this morning but before that I could hardly walk, bend over and every movement was agony from joints especially my hip & back. I was wondering whether I needed a hip replacement operation. The only other symptoms I had was occasional headaches (but thought that was because of not sleeping properly) and sometimes feeling slightly nauseous. Just took 1 tylenol in the morning & 1 before bed plus some liquid anesthetic in the afternoon. We have solar heated water so it was a joy to stand under a steaming hot shower a few times a day. 2 years ago our tambon had the highest incidence of dengue in Rayong and they were coming round spraying & smoking the vegetation but haven't seen them do it once this year. I read somewhere recently that aedes mosquitos don't travel more than 200m from where they hatch out but we have a lot of standing water nearby due to the recent rains. 

Anyway I've got another tune to brighten your day from one of my favourite bands Tower of Power who I saw in the Fillmore West, San Fransisco in the 90's supported by The Average White Band. I discovered these the same time as Montrose as Warner Bros released a compilation album with them on it, see below had forgotten how much good music was on it. Same as Montrose I've done a live version & the album version from Back to Oakland, enjoy.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Warner-Bros-Music-Show/release/1667388 

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Some great music being posted here.

Remember 'Desert Island Disks'? "What 10 pieces of music would you have in Thailand to help you chill, and cope with the madness of Thailand?" Might make a good post.

One that would be in for me is 'get it right next time'. The words ring so many bells here.

Enjoy guys.

Don't you think Gerry Rafferty and his bro the bassist (?) look like Dave Lee Travis?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

You went to Fillmore west, back in the day? Then you deffo saw Peter Frampton there ( tell me you did even if it is a lie)  with perhaps the most appropriate song title for us band of brothers;

Lol you stupid **** I was 20 yrs later but wish I had been nearly 30 yrs earlier in the Filmore East for The Allman Brothers live recording and for your information I ******* hated Frampton comes alive. My favourite live album is UFO Strangers in the Night and please don't anyone quote Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous as it was re-recorded in the studio as all of them were out of it and even their producer Tony Visconti slags it off although Brian Robertson in his hard man way denies his parts were overdubbed. 

A very close second is Free Alive Vol1 (they never made a vol2) and just youtube Free at the Isle of Wight festival, absolutely awesome but I was only 9 at the time although I did see ACDC on their first tour of the UK in 1975 when I was 14 in Swansea and they were ******* brilliant and the stickers and badges I had from the Lock up your Daughters summer tour would be worth money now. About 60 people in Swansea Brangwyn Hall, it was their 3rd album Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and I never saw them again with Bon Scott.

And to freak you guys out I saw Tangerine Dream in Cardiff Capitol in 1974, the Stratosfear tour - I wish I could put these memories to video files. I was a dj in a HM nightclub and watched the likes of Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Girlschool and a few others before they were big and a special mention for ex Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell, what a gent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

have to agree in your taste of music, but I would go for Animals as their best creation but no issues as long as you are a floydian!

Totally agree and Dave Gilmour's 1st solo album from this time is his best and you can obviously hear the similarities to Animals. I've got goosebumps just thinking about the harmonised guitar solo from Dogs.

3:42 if you just want to jump to the 1st time

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 1

Lol you stupid **** I was 20 yrs later but wish I had been nearly 30 yrs earlier in the Filmore East for The Allman Brothers live recording and for your information I ******* hated Frampton comes alive. My favourite live album is UFO Strangers in the Night and please don't anyone quote Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous as it was re-recorded in the studio as all of them were out of it and even their producer Tony Visconti slags it off although Brian Robertson in his hard man way denies his parts were overdubbed. 

A very close second is Free Alive Vol1 (they never made a vol2) and just youtube Free at the Isle of Wight festival, absolutely awesome but I was only 9 at the time although I did see ACDC on their first tour of the UK in 1975 when I was 14 in Swansea and they were ******* brilliant and the stickers and badges I had from the Lock up your Daughters summer tour would be worth money now. About 60 people in Swansea Brangwyn Hall, it was their 3rd album Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and I never saw them again with Bon Scott.

And to freak you guys out I saw Tangerine Dream in Cardiff Capitol in 1974, the Stratosfear tour - I wish I could put these memories to video files. I was a dj in a HM nightclub and watched the likes of Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Girlschool and a few others before they were big and a special mention for ex Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell, what a gent. 

Free Alive !, got to agree with you there , great album.
While we're on the subject, The Who - Live at Leeds and Deep Purple - Made in Japan take some beating IMO.
Saw Deep Purple at St George's Hall Bradford back in the day ,73 or 74 , I was 12 or 13, got to thank my older brother for that !!

Can't beat a bit of healthy reminiscing !!
The 70's for me, from age 9 to 18 , best years of our lives [emoji4]
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Free Alive !, got to agree with you there , great album.
While we're on the subject, The Who - Live at Leeds and Deep Purple - Made in Japan take some beating IMO.
Saw Deep Purple at St George's Hall Bradford back in the day ,73 or 74 , I was 12 or 13, got to thank my older brother for that !!

Can't beat a bit of healthy reminiscing !!
The 70's for me, from age 9 to 18 , best years of our lives emoji4.png

I have to agree with you about the 70's but a lot of people missed the connection between punk & rock. Iron Maiden were called heavy metal punks when they started and I went loads of punk concerts with hair down to my arse and loads of punks came to metal concerts, history makes it look like we were opposites and we weren't, I was fed up of the nonsense from yes as well and a few other bands.

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I have to agree with you about the 70's but a lot of people missed the connection between punk & rock. Iron Maiden were called heavy metal punks when they started and I went loads of punk concerts with hair down to my arse and loads of punks came to metal concerts, history makes it look like we were opposites and we weren't, I was fed up of the nonsense from yes as well and a few other bands.

Not sure which Country you are from, but in the UK, Iron Maiden were Heavy Metal and they were not punk at all

As punk became heavier in the early 80s with bands like Discharge, playing music similar to HM. some bands , like Motorhead did have cross appeal to both HM lers and punks

But Iron Maiden firmly stayed in the HM category 

May have been different in the USA though

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not sure which Country you are from, but in the UK, Iron Maiden were Heavy Metal and they were not punk at all

As punk became heavier in the early 80s with bands like Discharge, playing music similar to HM. some bands , like Motorhead did have cross appeal to both HM lers and punks

But Iron Maiden firmly stayed in the HM category 

May have been different in the USA though

I'm from S Wales, please tell me your age. I never said they were punk I said they were called heavy metal punks because the first iteration of the band was playing fast aggressive short songs. When I first saw them as a dj in a rock nightclub I understood this but they were in a crossover period and the singer Paul Dianno left soon after. The quote actually comes from Melody Maker not from me but if you had read the previous posts it would have been easy to figure out which country I came from.

I stopped listening to the radio in 1978.

From Merseybeat to psychedelic, hard rock, punk and new wave, music was my life...

Walking in the world's mountains with my tent and the bare essentials, such as a cassette player, and kilos of cassettes and batteries. Food? Too heavy to carry.

Pre 1978 music still is the number one in my life, and I have added classical and 30s.

Everything that happened later, I label as Cabaret. That includes the newer Deep Purple or ACDC, and especially that senile Ozzy from the BBC soap. Frightening how a rocker that I saw in 1970 could fall so low.

Now listening to Animals.

Amazing what people like us  do to forget / cope with the nonsense of the world in general, and Thailand in particular.

I think I will have a papaya for breakfast, from our garden though.

Next a banana milk shake, banana from euh yes the same garden, and milk from a cow that will remind me of Atom Heart Mother.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

and especially that senile Ozzy from the BBC soap. Frightening how a rocker that I saw in 1970 could fall so low.

The best guitarist I ever saw live, Randy Rhoads and 3 times playing for Ozzy and for me way better than any of the music he did with Black Sabbath.

But Hippy you never commented on my location, you don't like Hawkwind?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

555 - Hawkwind sounded familiar but I had to youtube them.... and then I got your notification.

Yes good music, but maybe I was travelling (cassette player, no radio) when they peaked?

I will listen to them plenty more.

From your area?

8 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I'm from S Wales, please tell me your age. I never said they were punk I said they were called heavy metal punks because the first iteration of the band was playing fast aggressive short songs. When I first saw them as a dj in a rock nightclub I understood this but they were in a crossover period and the singer Paul Dianno left soon after. The quote actually comes from Melody Maker not from me but if you had read the previous posts it would have been easy to figure out which country I came from.

Although when IM were playing  fast aggressive short songs, (in the late 70"s ?) 

Punk at the time was quite melodic

It was only in the early 80's that some punk bands went hardcore, thrash music

I was at school on London at the time and there was a clear distinction between punks and heavy metalers (and Mod, new Romantics etc)

The Jam were punk/Mod . 

Motorhead were Metal/punkish

Iron Maiden stayed in the HM camp, with no cross over