The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ha ha DL. I do think next time round if you get that wish you might find life even more frustrating and difficult.

What we have to remember in among the strife life brings us are the few bits of pleasure. Being able to live in a warm country, and in even an internet cafe you can have a view of a multitude of beauty beyond anything you would likely see back in the home country. Up country here the scenery is fabulous too.

Relationships are always difficult wherever you are and whoever you are involved with. Family problems split me from an American girl I loved deeply at 25. No lies or deceit like you get here though.

S#1t happens.

Sometimes, even when you live in the most wonderful surroundings, if you are not happy it is time to look after your own well being, but remember your prime responsibilities.

Our friend with the cats and fish should take some time for himself once in a while.

George Benson anyone?

Self respect is fundamental.

G

sorry but I think this one is more apt .......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

That begs the question"why am I being punished for the ex's transgressions?"

We get treated for such transgressions just from previous damage.  It's not your fault TDL. I hope the below quote helps you.

It fits this country perfectly. There are no transgressions within their mind because they are a law upon themselves and just act without thinking, using that wrath for just insane reasons and they cannot see from this blind rage, they are in fact hurting themselves. They just do not see the transgression of others (family or previous boyfriends) or seem not to care. It is a shame. The family in itself is the law; we have little say over that, so in our case, we have little power (or law) over them and within that, lays a large problem.

'For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression'.

22 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

farang are below the pet dog and if you don't get that Thailand will get YOU

I am well above the pet dog. Many of us are. If you think this and you feel like you are well below Canis Lupus Familiaris, why do you live here? Every country in the world is out to get you.

Have I been scammed in Thailand? Yes.

Have I been scammed in Australia, England, Europe, Indonesia, Korea and the USA? Yes. 

Everywhere is out to get you. Just not Thailand.

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

It fits this country perfectly. There are no transgressions within their mind because they are a law upon themselves and just act without thinking, using that wrath for just insane reasons and they cannot see from this blind rage, they are in fact hurting themselves. They just do not see the transgression of others (family or previous boyfriends) or seem not to care. It is a shame. The family in itself is the law; we have little say over that, so in our case, we have little power (or law) over them and within that, lays a large problem.

'For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression'.

Where does the quote come from? It's brilliant.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

"All people are equal" is a European concept.

Asians think differently.

A Thai accepts to be "below" some, and feels "above" others.

We Europeans confuse them with our outlandish theories of equality.

As a result, if we treat our wifes as equals, they will think there is something wrong, and ultimately they will try to be dominant.

In which they succeed mostly, i guess.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Where does the quote come from? It's brilliant.

I think from my poor memory it may come from the book of Romans or something of the such. I have such a wealth of unrequired knowledge in my head, and when sometimes I write, until I finish what I am doing, I don't know what I am going to get....lol

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

We get treated for such transgressions just from previous damage.  It's not your fault TDL. I hope the below quote helps you.

I am well above the pet dog. Many of us are. If you think this and you feel like you are well below Canis Lupus Familiaris, why do you live here? Every country in the world is out to get you.

Have I been scammed in Thailand? Yes.

Have I been scammed in Australia, England, Europe, Indonesia, Korea and the USA? Yes. 

Everywhere is out to get you. Just not Thailand.

Love the quote, but you still have conflict.

I always considered Thai women were more female than western women, not having been emancipated until recently by comparison.

In the west everything is PC, all equal and no one different.

Nature tells a different story however.

Some good posts including yours.

:thumbsup:

Shoe - Mysteries.docx

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Hello everyone,

My apologies for not being in contact but it has been a quite hectic time for me and I do not know how I made it without Captain Anginine egging me on.

But I did..amazing really..but with doctors,tests,hospitalisations etc..etc..it's been kinda busy but I AM HOME!

I have had a very quick look at the topic and have noted that a few of you have been ill.I hope that you are all fully recovered and that all is well..

Many thanks to all for your support for what was,after all,a truly desperate time for me.

Many thanks for being human....

Ody.

Nice to hear everything is going ok, hope things work out for you now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it's not just that western women are so overly PC, it's that they are so opposed to all things male. Not surprising if one has seen the subtle indoctrination on tv over many years. watch enough of that, and even men start to think that all men are bastards.

I'm shocked at how subservient many of my male friends back home have become.

Yep, I agree. It's funny, that considered, there are so many women in high positions here without a need for the quotas and positive discrimination they now impose in the west.

You could say some get in due to nepotism etc, like Yingluck  (or the woman at TAT I suspect), but most get there by being the best person for the job, exactly as it should be done.

Evening up the numbers in the cause of "equality" is nonsense, all it achieves is a lot of people in jobs they cannot do.

• Like 2

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Yep, I agree. It's funny, that considered, there are so many women in high positions here without a need for the quotas and positive discrimination they now impose in the west.

You could say some get in due to nepotism etc, like Yingluck  (or the woman at TAT I suspect), but most get there by being the best person for the job, exactly as it should be done.

Evening up the numbers in the cause of "equality" is nonsense, all it achieves is a lot of people in jobs they cannot do.

I am sorry but I do believe a large percentage pay for their jobs and that's not the way it should be at all.

• Like 1

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

My "nepotism etc" comment was meant to include those that are rich enough to buy a promotion.

Okay?

It's not just that. It's all levels including cleaners in hospitals otherwise they simply would not get away with letting standards slip. This practice is rife here and it's the main driver of employment especially in government organisations and banks. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

It's not just that. It's all levels including cleaners in hospitals otherwise they simply would not get away with letting standards slip. This practice is rife here and it's the main driver of employment especially in government organisations and banks. 

Buying your way in is a problem here, agreed. But you need need money to pay for it, as I said above.

Knowing the right person and being in the right place at the right time is not the same, if you know enough to do the job.

Talking of standards, have you had the misfortune to go to a NHS hospital lately?

Anyway, I do understand the point.