How to sell a used car

I have a very nice Toyota Vios that I would like to sell but I have no idea how to find a buyer in Thailand.

Will a new car dealers accept a trade in if I buy a car?  I live in Chiang Rai and it's hard to find someone who speaks English to give me advice.

I just need to know a good way to find a buyer for a used car.

Edited by soup501
misspelling

You can try Craigslist for English and lots of Thai used car sites. Else you can sell to dealers buy they will take for very less. Some new car dealers accept trade in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One2car.com

taladrod.com, could be co.th

bahtsold

Facebook groups

i advertised on all the above, and the buyer came through the facebook post in a large bkk expat group. 

There is a website called thanachart bluebook, which will give u an idea of a trade value. 

Its in thai though, if u cant read thai post the car model/year, and ill look for ya, if u wish

It also may be worth putting a notice inside the car (rear window perhaps) in Thai and English, quoting a telephone number and also a price. You will more likely get a response from a genuine buyer if you state a price because time wasters are less likely to call you if they have an idea about how much you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Facebook groups, I didn't even have to advertise it, just mentioned I was going to soon and someone PMd me. It sold at around the same price a dealer would have sold it for, to the first person that viewed it. It was a lovely motor with low mileage though.

My next port of call after a couple of weeks trying Facebook groups would have been craigslist, kaidee and thaivisa classifieds, followed by hawking it round dealers and considering trade ins.

The rationale of that approach is that you're starting off at the highest potential sale rate and ending up at the lowest. We did find out how much a tradein would have been with Toyota and it was 100k less than we sold it for.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd