Visa for Khmer

What type of visa can I get my partner who is from Cambodia (Im from UK)

Our Children currently go to School in Thailand, and where born in Thailand, they are 8 years and 3 years old.

Seems with all the crackdown that she now has to leave Thailand every 2 months to get a visa.

We did an education visa many years ago, and really do not want to do that again.

So what options if any do we have to get a 1 year visa?

She could get an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending school. They would have to be on extensions of stay based upon attending school for her to apply for the extension. What is their current status here if not on extensions of stay or a non-ed visa?

To apply for the extension she would need 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days for the first extension and 90 days after that. To apply for the extension she would need to get a single entry non-o visa.

Can we get the whole picture ? 

On what basis do you stay in Thailand ? 

I presume by talking about a partner you are not married. 

What  visas do the children have? 

Has your partner been using tourist visa as a means of staying in Thailand? 

6 minutes ago, MrEnigma said:

I stay in Thailand 1 month in 4.

Not married

Children have UK Passports, No Visa, never left Thailand.

Partner currently gets 60 days visa, not sure what it is, im not Thailand at present.

Understood. 

You should follow the advice given in post #2. 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No comments. But if you could answer the questions asked in my post I may be able to give you more info.

I think the OP did provide answers to the question(s)

"I stay in Thailand 1 month in 4.

Not married

Children have UK Passports, No Visa, never left Thailand.

Partner currently gets 60 days visa, not sure what it is, im not Thailand at present."

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That needs some clarification. How are they staying in the country without visas?

The OP stated 

"Our Children currently go to School in Thailand, and where born in Thailand, they are 8 years and 3 years old." and "No Visa, never left Thailand." 

That seems to explain the children's lack of visa.

• Like 1

..... she now has to leave Thailand every 2 months to get a visa.

are u saying she was staying illegally before and now?

as a Cambodian can ONLY get a visa for thailand in Phnom Penh, she can keep doing the 60 day tourist visa than get the 30 day extension so needs return to Cambodia every 90 days

OR

find someone to hire her and than she can apply for a 2 year L-A migrant visa, get a wp and health card as well.

I just did that  for my Cambodian gf

OR

you can go the support /school route if you have the $$$ , The Thai embassy will issue her a single entry NON o visa if her name is on the Kids Birth certificate, than she can extend for 1 year

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

you can go the support /school route if you have the $$$ , The Thai embassy will issue her a single entry NON o visa if her name is on the Kids Birth certificate, than she can extend for 1 year

The situation is, I think,  more complex than you suggest. 

Firstly the children need visas and extensions of stay prior to the lady being able to seek an extension for herself.  

The process may be challenging if the lady is undertaking this process without help. 

1 hour ago, ba ba said:

if you read the op first post you will fined the children were born in thailand

If you read the OP first post you would realise the children are not Thai. If their Cambodian mother wants an extension of stay based on her children attending school the the non-Thai children will also need visas and extensions of stay. 

I read that persons born in Thailand, that are Alien, do not need a visa to stay in Thailand, until they are 16.

Partner has had many visas before, including education, and the work permit with health card, buts lets stay on topic please.

Think I will have to see my Lawyer and see what is indeed the case.

Edited by MrEnigma

17 minutes ago, MrEnigma said:

I read that persons born in Thailand, that are Alien, do not need a visa to stay in Thailand, until they are 16.

After birth here they can stay indefinitely. But if the they leave the country they need a visa or visa exempt entry when they re-enter the country.

Children under the age of 15 do not pay overstay fines is the only rule that exists but do get overstay stamps. That does not exempt them from needing visas and/or extensions of stay.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

After birth here they can stay indefinitely. But if the they leave the country they need a visa or visa exempt entry when they re-enter the country.

Children under the age of 15 do not pay overstay fines is the only rule that exists but do get overstay stamps. That does not exempt them from needing visas and/or extensions of stay.

starting to get complicated now.

6 minutes ago, MrEnigma said:

starting to get complicated now.

Not that complicated since they have UK passports. With paperwork from the school they are attending they could get a single entry non-ed visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. Then apply for one year extensions of stay at immigration.

Then when they have the extension their mother could get a single entry non-o visa in Phnom Penh by showing either or both of the children's birth certificates plus a copy, copies of their passport photo page and extension stamp. Then when she has 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days she can apply for an extension for being their parent. She could get the extension based upon one of the children and then you could also get an extension based upon the other child attending school when you have the 500k baht in the bank.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrEnigma said:

Thanks guys, mush appreciated.

How much should I expect to pay for the children's ed visa?

The fee for a single entry non-ed visa is 2000 baht. In Phnom Penh it would be $80 US.

The fee for a one year extension is 1900 baht.

5 hours ago, perthperson said:

The situation is, I think,  more complex than you suggest. 

Firstly the children need visas and extensions of stay prior to the lady being able to seek an extension for herself.  

The process may be challenging if the lady is undertaking this process without help. 

thats true,forgot about that,

My fiends that have gotten visa's/extensions cause their kids were in school were non thai, but the kids were in bi lingual or international schools and had visas for Thailand , NOT a local thai school, (which i am surprised they were admitted to being non thai ( this is a big problem for Burmese kids even if they were born in Thailand)

Being born in Thailand gives them zero rights if there is no thai parent.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The fee for a single entry non-ed visa is 2000 baht. In Phnom Penh it would be $80 US.

The fee for a one year extension is 1900 baht.

Can this be applied for in Thailand? without children leaving the country?

Just now, MrEnigma said:

^^^ children go to international school, with English, and chinese language.

Than have them get school papers, go out ( as UK passport can go anywhere) get the ed visa and come back in, than start the process for ur gf

For Phnom Pehn have her use an agent ( will cost an extra $10-15 )

Just now, MrEnigma said:

Can this be applied for in Thailand? without children leaving the country?

Since you children have never left the country (or on an overstay) they would have to at least leave and re-enter the country to get at least a visa exempt entry then they could convert to the non-ed visa at some immigration offices. Overall it would be easier in the long run to get the non-ed visa while outside the country.

The children's mother could more than likely get the non-o visa at the same time the children get their non-ed visa. Embassies and consulates will normally do that.

After they get the visas then could then apply for the extensions at the local immigration office.