Phuket soldier killed in Pattani honoured for bravery

snoop1130

Phuket soldier killed in Pattani honoured for bravery

Eakkapop Thongtub

1499080892_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The Royal Thai Army today honoured Sgt Maj 1st class Kitthiphong Borna with a military funeral complete with honour guard and blessed earth from the Royal Household to place on his grave.

Phuket-born Sgt Maj 1st class Kitthiphong was among six soldiers killed by a bomb planted in a road in Pattani whilst patrolling the area in a truck on June 19.

The formal military funeral service was held this morning (July 3) at Baan Bang Duk Muslim cemetery in Mai Khao, in northern Phuket, where 23-year-old Sgt Maj Kitthiphong was laid to rest.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-soldier-killed-in-pattani-honoured-for-bravery-62822.php#iIDWGvPD1HB6Keww.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-3

Sad stuff... I agree with you geezer... I hope the terrorists are caught and have fire crackers stuck up their a*** unto death.

but I'm also glad to see a little equality here, in the honors section.

a flight lieutenant crashs a helicopter and gets promoted to squadron leader... here a private is promoted to the highest non com rank for dying for his country

im surprised that they did this for a "grunt".... impressed... happy for the family... but surprised, none the less.