2 month tourist visa

I usually travel to thailand on a 2 month tourist visa from australia (semi -retired), H however this time I plan to be about 65 -70 days in country, can I get a 1 month extension on this type of visa, or should I plan a short holiday to laos & come back o/land & get 2 extra weeks ?thanking you for your replies.

cheers Songhklasid.

If you have a single entry Tourist Visa which is 60 days I believe you can get another 30 day extension for 1,900 baht ....  Ubonjoe is the one who can answer that ... he is the master when it comes to visas ...

thanks for that, do I wait until last day of visa , can I go any immigration office, I am based in cnx, but will be travelling around, I suppose if you way up accomodation costs, travel expenses, extension not bad option.

cheers SS.:shock1:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry you get from the tourist visa.

You don't have to wait until the last day of the 60 days since the extension starts from the end of the 60 days.

You can apply at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe is correct.

However, be aware your original tourist vis is a  single entry  tourist visa and leaving  Thailand  will void that visa if you leave even with a 30 day extension.

If you are planning to travel to Laos you will also need a Lao visa, which can be obtained on arrival in Laos.

Also if you want to keep your single entry Tourist visa valid even with a 30 day extension you should buy a exit re-entry permit for 1000 Baht to allow you to re-enter Thailand from Laos to keep your single entry Tourist visa extension valid on your return from Laos.

I am not the expert, but  believe that as an Aussie national you can also get a visa exempt 30 day entry on your return from Laos as an alternative to a Thai re-entry permit.

But as I said I am not an expert as I said before.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a coment

1 hour ago, IMA_FARANG said:

as an Aussie national you can also get a visa exempt 30 day entry on your return from Laos as an alternative to a Thai re-entry permit.

Up to 2 land-border crossings for a visa-exempt entry to Thailand are permitted per-year. 

There should be no problem getting one, unless someone has frequent and/or longer-term stays in Thailand in their Thai-immigration history.

You can also apply for a 30-day extension of this visa-exempt entry at a local immigration office during the last week of your permitted-stay.

Also note, if using the re-entry permit route, be aware that it only preserves the Existing Permitted-Stay stamped in your passport at the time the re-entry permit is purchased - not any future extensions or visas you may receive later.