Returning To The UK

snoop1130

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

No Colin, that's the thing. He does seem to know exactly what he's talking about.

He told us that he's lived here 39yrs, come across many of the problems, and knows that many aspects of life here are far from perfect,as you yourself must surely know, yet he has worked with the system. What he's strongly pointing out is that the UK is far superior in many respects,but not in all. He ' also pointed out that in many ways Thailand is deteriorating, pretty much the same as the U.K. 

Personally I've lived here full time for 20yrs. find the weather great, as I do the food. The people are basically the same as in the UK, but like Huawie, I hate the corruption in all of its forms, and of course the dangerouse roads.

Yes i agree  with some of his points, but he is telling me i dont understand about corruption here.

Corruption here has cost me dearly.

Wife went from being a teacher to director, her bosses clearly told her 500.000 baht or no job.

We moved to Mae hong son, into the mountains, to a remote school, rather than pay up.

My ex-wife got me jailed, making up a story and she paid a senior policeman 20.000 baht of my money for it to happen.

When i had my accident, the pickup driver was a senior local government official.

The police turned my bike around and claimed i was going the wrong way.

So what happened, i got turned into a paraplegic, received not 1 baht in compensation, just my life destroyed.

A member on here says i dont understand about corruption here, absolute nonsense.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

A very sad story. You have every right to be angry.

This story more than any, gives people an insight into why the corruption needs to be weeded out

And unfortunately even though it can be advantageous to both Thai people and foreigners ( in many circumstances) it has to be stopped at every level

5 hours ago, huawei said:

This is a very rare post. Indicating you came to Thailand because you have some affinity for the place, whereas all we seem to get from most on here is the objective that anywhere is better than the uk so Thailand it is, that it's cheap, the women are easy, so different from the generations that came before them, who had travelled extensively, experienced other cultures, more adaptable, much younger, way more independent, and in no way bitter towards their homeland and without a shadow of a doubt friendlier.

What actually happened was that I didn't like BKK, but that's only because it's a large city. But when I stepped out from the train at Udon Thani (I usually spell it Udornthani) I was smitten, as they say. I was just on a visit that time but when I got back to the UK I started the procedure for early retirement.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes i agree  with some of his points, but he is telling me i dont understand about corruption here.

Wife went from being a teacher to director, her bosses clearly told her 500.000 baht or no job.

We moved to Mae hong son, into the mountains, to a remote school, rather than pay up.

My ex-wife got me jailed, making up a story and she paid a senior policeman 20.000 baht of my money for it to happen.

When i had my accident, the pickup driver was a senior local government official.

The police turned my bike around and claimed i was going the wrong way.

So what happened, i got turned into a paraplegic, received not 1 baht in compensation, just my life destroyed.

A member on here says i dont understand about corruption here, absolute nonsense.

You do understand it from first hand experience. And every single one of those major corrupt events would never had happened in the UK. And it's surprising going from your earlier post how much dislike you have for your birth country.

Sorry about your accident mate, most would of went back home after something like that, so the utmost respect to you sir.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, colinneil said:

Who is their right mind would ever consider going back to the UK?

With all the lying, thieving, corrupt clowns now running the place the UK is doomed.

At least in Thailand everybody knows that corruption is going on, and make some feeble attempts to stop it.

Whereas in the  UIK, they always try to appear whiter than white, which is just a smoke screen.

Excellent post Colin, here in Thailand you can sometimes make corruption work for you. The politicians in the UK have the brains to cover all the corruption

up, but that is not the case in Thailand, everyone knows about the corruption, and it is just treated like normal.

On 09/07/2017 at 0:05 PM, al007 said:

I have some observations; you are not describing the rain very well

It is very wet, very cold, very uncomfortable, very depressing, and very very awful, it destroys ones mind

Here the rain, is wonderful, it is invigorating , it creates lush vegetation, and when getting really wet, it is very OK, and it is not  most important of all cold

I love the rain here and hate it at home such different views

I never got up and watched the rain in England, only to see if has stopped or not - but here in Thailand, when it starts raining hard, i jump up and go on the patio just to watch it, even video it sometimes, and i have been here for years. Mind you, i don't like the road outside much after the water runs away, leaves it a bit dirty.  

My job revolved around the weather in the UK,  here it's not a problem, unless it floods, which isn't often where i live.