Postal rates from Thailand to overseas destination

electric

Last week I looked at Aliexpress for a cheap "point and shoot" digital camera.

Found one that weighed 400 grams.

The price included 48 baht postal rate from China, delivered right to my door in Buriram.

Same postal rate when I changed the destination country to Australia ie. China to Australia. 48 baht.

I can't post anything from Thailand to Australia for anywhere near this silly cheap price.

Can someone explain how the hell they do it so cheap ?

International Postal Union's discretion, with charitable tarification policies,  towards "developping nations"

But the low/free postage fairytale will soon end, as China is no longer considered at least by IPU standards, as a "developping nation"..

So better clutter up as much rubbish as one can from AliExpress while the party still lasts!!:welcomeani::post-4641-1156694572::hit-the-fan::guitar::cowboy:

Edited by observer90210

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

International Postal Union's discretion, with charitable tarification policies,  towards "developping nations"

But the low/free postage fairytale will soon end, as China is no longer considered at least by IPU standards, as a "developping nation"..

So better clutter up as much rubbish as one can from AliExpress while the party still lasts!!:welcomeani::post-4641-1156694572::hit-the-fan::guitar::cowboy:

do you have a link for this ?

I was told the "Host" country can charge what they want and the receiving country must accept it and deliver ,

yes somehow China has taken advantage of this

there is also bulk shipping price where it all goes in a bag and is charged a fee per KG  , I think each bag has to be sorted per country

I hate to see it go away as I buy a lot of small things from China !