4 minivan drivers busted

webfact

4 minivan drivers busted

By  Theerarak Suthathiwong

1249_n10Minivans.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Four minivan drivers were arrested by a team of regulators, police and soldiers who vowed to get tough on rogue operators.

Maj. Suwit Laklang, chief of the National Council for Peace and Order in Bang­lamung, joined up with Wiman Panklang, head of vehicle inspections at the Chonburi Land Transport Department, and Pol. Maj. Jirawat Sukontasap, head of the Pattaya municipal police, to check public-transport operators around the city.

One operator was arrested for lacking the proper license while three others were detained for operating off their designated routes.

Full story: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/4-minivan-drivers-busted-179901

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-07-07

rogue operators ?  Guess not but did see something odd this week... Grey Toyota Commuter came down the Village on Monday, I thought it was a panel Van but no was a Mini Bus with same colour grey tints,  out got a child from school, other kids were in there also...............  Odd was the number plate as green letters.. 

Wednesday lunch time went to a bigger Village and they have Mini shed/Bus yard with Mini Bus running to Bangkok, the same or another Grey Toyota Commuter Van was there, Passengers getting on paying the Driver.  as I was having Lunch the van stopped outside for 2 more passengers..  100% the plates white were green letters same as my Pickup..

Never seen before as all the  Toyota Commuter Van at this place are white with Yellow public service number plates..  ??  something New ?

5 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Did they check the vehicles to see if they were safe ?

Did they check the drivers to see if they knew a few important road rules?

I still shudder when I think of the 'driver' taking us to the giant Buddha in Phuket.  It's a winding road and NOT the place to overtake slow trucks on blind corners and double white lines.

This guy obviously trained in a kamikaze school.

OK, we got a "chief" and a Major out getting tough on the rogues for an hour or so, maybe two hours.

Lets look at this..

An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal. 
www.thefreedictionary.com › rogue

Seems to me that the rogues were the ones out hassling gypsy van drivers.  Out cruising with the media types for publicity.

The fact they were out doing something is news.  In Thailand that is.

16 hours ago, masuk said:

Did they check the drivers to see if they knew a few important road rules?

I still shudder when I think of the 'driver' taking us to the giant Buddha in Phuket.  It's a winding road and NOT the place to overtake slow trucks on blind corners and double white lines.

This guy obviously trained in a kamikaze school.

Have you a death wish.I put a personal ban on mini vans 15 years ago.You let somebody else drive,you have lost control of the situation.Sure i go with Thai mates,but i trust them all.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

What about the drivers of meterless taximeters that clog up Pattaya's parking spaces waiting for a well-heeled sucker?

Hasn't the world run out of suckers yet?There must a bottonless pit somewhere.