Pattaya again claims troubled Bali Hai robotic garage “100%” operational

webfact

Pattaya again claims troubled Bali Hai robotic garage “100%” operational

By Keng Na Songkhla

1249_n8carpark.jpg  

The troubled automated parking garage at Bali Hai Pier is finally fully operational, nine months after it opened to the public.

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya spokesman Pinit Maneerat said June 29 that the 738-million-baht garage has worked out technical problems that limited its capacity since its Oct. 1, 2016 opening and is now fully functional.

Using a computerized-elevator system from by Simmatec Robotic of South Korea, the garage offers 417 parking spaces on seven floors. Three hydraulic “transo devices” lift cars into and out of spaces.

There are six entrances to the car park, which requires motorists only to drive to a check-in point where the robotic arms lift it to a parking spot.

Drivers are charged 30 baht per hour or 300 baht per day for over eight hours. Operator Pattananan Parking Co. has the concession through September 2019.

Full story: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-claims-troubled-bali-hai-robotic-garage-100-operational-179905

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-07-07

1st... It was a crime to build this turd on Pattayas only park..

2nd ...if they had just built a normal parking garage

100s of millions would have been saved and it would

have worked from day #1..

3rd....Any thing that requires a high level of maintenance is going to be a failure in Thailand... 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, thinkingman said:

Is the robot garage still open? Are there other alternatives for secure parking for an overnight trip on Sunday for Koh Larn?

Yes. Leave your car at home, risk life and limb on a moto-taxi to get to the broken down pier.

Next, risk life and limb, and pray that the ferry doesn't sink/catch fire. THEN risk life and limb on Koh Larn to get from the pier to the beach on another moto taxi.

Repeat the same going home.

Moto-dops are normally great folks & good drivers though.

----------------

I recall parking somewhere for free, near Mike shopping mall, spending 10 (well 20) baht to get to the old wooden pier w/ my wife. 2002, prior to the Chinese and Russian invasion.

We caught a ferry one day that could have seated 150 people safely.

It was me, my wife and a monk for passengers.

Edited by jaywalker