Authorities fire back over Koh Tao ‘Death Island’ label

rooster59

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Given that all the above is correct - and I have no reason to doubt its accuracy - why bring attention to the Island in the way they have? Keeping heads down, and go with the flow until it all eventually blows over, would seem a more steady way.

Because they know its way more than 7 so its a great way to get this argument over and done with once and for all. Not hard to explain 7 when knowing that they close the discussion down. Makes total sense.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alllivesmatter said:

Because they know its way more than 7 so its a great way to get this argument over and done with once and for all. Not hard to explain 7 when knowing that they close the discussion down. Makes total sense.

Until the next unfortunate tourist/holiday maker commits suicide or dies unexplained.

10 hours ago, JLCrab said:

In my opinion, everybody thinks they know because someone who says they know talked to someone who thinks they know because someone told them what they think they know.

Why don't you just put in simple plain good English, "Everybody knows" . Don't forget the 's' for singular 3rd person. (grammar rules remember?)

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Until the next unfortunate tourist/holiday maker commits suicide or dies unexplained.

no i think this is their  "trust us" moment.... they chose to take this on because it conceals the more realistic picture of the mess that is KT and the STHRN islands.

My grammar is fine. when things on here get too ridiculousness I just think what would the Marx Brothers do. ..
Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!

no i think this is their  "trust us" moment.... they chose to take this on because it conceals the more realistic picture of the mess that is KT and the STHRN islands.

Let's hope they can keep the serial killer under control. We don't want anymore scape goats!
640x390_611997_1415258128.jpg

11 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Too late. It will always be Death Island now, and deservedly so.

thais just dont have a problem solving ability that any government should have...ok a lot ... a very lot of foreign people come there and out of statistics where a lot of people are some will die ...in an uninhibited island nobody will die...neither a farang nor a thai...so it does not mean it is save there either...

ok check similar islands worldwide example majorca  ( many pensioners high risk )in Spain malta sardinia the greek islands (where million people go ) compare visitor numbers with visitor deaths similar visitors numbers as kho tao have ..then and only then u will have a base for a valuation if it is the death island or not...for traffic statistics thailand show a clear picture...ratio 100000 locals to 400 ( about ) road death a year...most other countrys is  100000 to 4 / 10 death a year...would be interesting to see the statistic on kho tao versus other holiday islands worldwide ( greece for example )...please leave your comments

10 minutes ago, Alllivesmatter said:

I thought Ch-o-ch was going to sort out all this corruption business!! Can't someone in the Junta or even on TvisaF tell him what's going on?!

11 hours ago, JLCrab said:

This has been going on for almost 3 years now that everybody knows but not one person is willing to come forward with any credible evidence to prove as to what everybody knows. Maybe it is true that everybody knows but if actually nobody knows anything credible it would be the same outcome.

And the above linked article in the Sun is in part a re-hash of the article 2 days ago in the Independent and in part a re-hash of what was printed in the Sun 2014 with 3 year old pictures of you-know-who.

if you knew and were living in Thailand would "you" come forward?

28 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Simple - stay off the islands; there are certainly options elsewhere ........

there are NOT major problems on ALL islands commensurate w/per capita unexplained and suspicious 

deaths on Koh Tao in just 3 years;

to paint ALL Thai islands as places to stay away from deprives legitimate hard-working people their livelihood,

and denies hard-working vacationers a safe place to relax on holiday-

by comparison, in 7 1/2 years our island has had NO unexplained or suspicious deaths,

and we are much larger and get many more tourists than Koh Tao

1 minute ago, kannot said:

exactly!!!

although i know EXACTLY who is doing what, both there AND elsewhere (for instance, our island)

there is NO PLACE and NOBODY  that i could safely inform that it wouldn't come back on me

from a variety of directions, such is the interwoven nature and depth of the corruption...

2 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

there are NOT major problems on ALL islands commensurate w/per capita unexplained and suspicious 

deaths on Koh Tao in just 3 years;

to paint ALL Thai islands as places to stay away from deprives legitimate hard-working people their livelihood,

and denies hard-working vacationers a safe place to relax on holiday-

by comparison, in 7 1/2 years our island has had NO unexplained or suspicious deaths,

and we are much larger and get many more tourists than Koh Tao

BIB KT also say there were no suspicious deaths. Be good to know which island you live on..

Just now, Alllivesmatter said:

BIB KT also say there were no suspicious deaths. Be good to know which island you live on..

it says, right under my name & picture...

and BiB KT is under control of the perps and their minions

47 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

i have friends who live there and others who have lived and worked there within last several years

the B2 are just patsies; and ALL the islands are controlled by influential families,

some openlt mafia by their own words, others merely in actions and tendencies

I was replying to darksidedog in my post, not yourself, but I find it astounding that you keep coming out with these "everybody knows" statements. I don't often agree with JLCrab, but in this instance I have to agree with his opinion that you seem to have a lot to say on behalf of your "friends",  and you do come out with a lot of statements with no facts to back it up.

You unashamedly say that you have "gone native", you say that you happily live on an island that is mafia controlled, and kept so by the police being kept happy with brown envelopes. From what you say, it doesn't sound a lot different to Koh Tao to me, and the fact that you say that  "ALL the islands are controlled by influential families", and "although in some respects we are even more lawless than Koh Tao in certain regards that i can't speak about, because i know the principals initmately and value MY life" makes me wonder why on earth you would want to live under such conditions?

I hope you don't fall out with anybody on your "mafia controlled " island because if it is as you say, all it could take is a word in the right/wrong ear and you may find that the things you can't speak about may be attributed to you, and ............................???

17 minutes ago, kannot said:

Any real evidence can stand on it's own two feet, it would be a fairly simple affair to make the evidence public anonymously.

Just don't go there tourists just dry them out before  Police and other authorities have sort it out, it won't take long, something must be wrong  , and until then visit some other islands, and  there are so many beautiful islands in Thailand where to go instead... 

48 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Phor Tor 5 land is directly under the Interior Ministry which is responsible for managing the state's real assets, whereas the Land Department only supervises creation and transfer of title deeds.

<snip, snip>

So I imagine that renting the land is a rather tentative affair for the lessees and the families probably own nearly all the hotels themselves, as regular investors would be unable to borrow from banks or commit their own funds to such a risky structure.

The above is a post by Dogmatic not by me.

I hear you Jennifer and others about whistle-blowing. And I understand that proof/evidence - given that the local authorities are miserly with it - is difficult to come about and present.

But on a matter of absolute fact; as presented by Dogmatic (above) surely Ch-o-ch can act?!

If the military was to get stuck in on that island a can of wrigglies might be opened.

Is there not something going on right now up north where illegal resorts are being torn down?

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Only the deaths of David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, on September 15, 2014, were crimes and the killers were sentenced to death by the First and Appeals courts.

So say. But that whole investigation and court case had, and has, a distinct smell about it. And while that smell lingers, never mind the other far too many suspicious deaths, the authorities can protest all they like, but having people believe them is something else entirely. 

4 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

So say. But that whole investigation and court case had, and has, a distinct smell about it. And while that smell lingers, never mind the other far too many suspicious deaths, the authorities can protest all they like, but having people believe them is something else entirely. 

They jailed two innocent men is the simple truth.

10 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Any real evidence can stand on it's own two feet, it would be a fairly simple affair to make the evidence public anonymously.

there is no way to make the evidence public anonymously;

even when  the initial police investigator the very first day cited who the actual  perps were,

he was replaced and transferred immediately- and now people are being threatened w/suits and worse...

no matter who anybody told, there is really no way to do it anonymously

Archived