Authorities fire back over Koh Tao ‘Death Island’ label

rooster59

On 08/07/2017 at 8:00 AM, JLCrab said:

This has been going on for almost 3 years now that everybody knows but not one person is willing to come forward with any credible evidence to prove as to what everybody knows. Maybe it is true that everybody knows but if actually nobody knows anything credible it would be the same outcome.

And the above linked article in the Sun is in part a re-hash of the article 2 days ago in the Independent and in part a re-hash of what was printed in the Sun 2014 with 3 year old pictures of you-know-who.

Since no one talks on the island I am sure if money was offered some one will spill the beans. Money talks bs walks.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, joebrown said:

I live in a northern province, and have a 'survival instinct'. I witnessed a crime involving the sale of drugs in my town  I told my Thai g/f who said she was aware of the problem and knew the person(s) involved. I asked whether I should go to the police and report what I'd seen. She said reporting the crime might have fatal consequences for me. I queried this and she said the police were aware of the drug peddling and were probably allowing it to continue for a 'fee'. She then said that if I did report it, the police would probably tell the 'pusher' I'd done so. As my g/f also knew the 'pusher' carried a gun, she said I would likely become a target for him.

Perhaps you might now understand the 'wall of silence' that allegedly exists on KT.

Your anecdotal story set in a northern province has no bearing on Koh Tao, however you could have simply given an anonymous tip off to a local drug enforcement or even the province police chief, why you couldn't/can't see that as an option is puzzling.

6 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

The guy was filmed on cctv leaving Christina Annesley a few hours before she was found. This is in the police file/report

Crikey, the cctv was working! Must be because the guy isn't a Thai.

1 hour ago, 007cableguy said:

Is it me or are shills still getting all these threads locked?

It's their job! Looks like JL has deflected as much as he can and now goes for the money shot. That is a way to stop these pesky threads.

I quit going to Koh Tao after only one visit and that was in 07. The reason; the motorcycle scam. which is the same as the jet ski scam. A french couple were threatend for non existent damage. Our GH owner did nothing. At that time by unoffical survey only TWO m-cycle rental shops did not claim damage and threaten you for more money on KT. And that was before there Dive master classes hit there low point, getting  such a bad rep for chopping up people in boat props. And that was all was pre 2014.

Frankly I am impressed that they were able to keep the place out of the news and a going concern  pre 2014, but tourists are rather ignorant critters as they say

Cheers

Edited by LomSak27

If I were B2 reading all this while sitting in jail on death row and realizing that there are people on Koh Tao who would have the wherewithal to prove their innocence, but that those people are too scared for their personal safety and/or livelihoods to come forward in any manner, I don't know whether I would be more disgusted with the Thai government or the people who say that they could but refuse to come forward to help prove their innocence.

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

this is what I find hard

The B2 had no witnesses and no one heard anything

Especially the "no one heard anything" bit. The sound of the crashing waves drowned out the sounds of the screaming and shouting?

18 hours ago, IslandLover said:

The press fails to mention the death of the Swiss diver, Hanspeter Suter in November 2014, who allegedly drowned in a snorkelling accident which was regarded by some as suspicious.  His disappearance was not reported for at least 3 days and his body was found washed up on the mainland in Chumphon province intact after being missing for more than a week.  There was also the strange death in 2016 of French diver and Koh Tao resident Jean-Francois Louet, in Surat Thani.  M. Louet boarded a ferry to Koh Tao, got off before it departed and wandered away.  His body was found in a field 2 km from the ferry terminal more than a week later.  And just for the record, Luke Miller died in January 2016, not 2017.

utter BS .....the group came back in and hans was missing, i saw the people from the dive school franticly running round looking for him, i believe he might have even had a heart condition, the police were there also. only people the regard it as suspicious are people like you and your merry bunch.

15 hours ago, Khun Han said:

This is, and I stress, only hearsay, but I heard that Jeff Louet had been drinking in the bar that David and Hannah were last seen alive in, on the night they died, and had been talking about going to the police about what he knew.

BS

Difficult or impossible to clean the image of KT , thanks to the media.  But the young backpackers just don't care, as long as there is a party waiting full of drugs and alcohol, and sex they will keep coming .

Edited by balo

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Possibly from the resort development deal he was allegedly involved in with Woraphan Tuvichien prior to the murders.

Possibly maybe allegedly got a loan from a bank for instance could be who knows but keep it up.

4 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Possibly maybe allegedly the serial killer of Koh Tao?

Nonsense, he have been proved innocent and also did a DNA test in Bangkok.  

Oh that's right you don't trust anyone with authority in Thailand , not even the DNA lab , so this will always be your conclusion .  

Oh that's right you don't trust anyone with authority in Thailand , not even the DNA lab , so this will always be your conclusion .  

Who did it Balo?
In your opinion.

To have a serial killer you need serial killings. I lived through the Son of Sam serial killings. You are really being ridiculous. You don't what it is to be in the midst of serial killings and you are really making an clown of yourself.

Edited by JLCrab

To have a serial killer you need serial killings. I lived through the Son of Sam serial killings. You are really being ridiculous. You don't what it is to be in the midst of serial killings and you are really making an clown of yourself.

So who killed Hannah and David?

9 minutes ago, balo said:

:cheesy:

At least you're not referring to him as "the boy" in this post.

I don't know , someone strong enough to kill and rape in the most brutal way , possibly more than one. 

Edited by balo

I said shortly after the 2 murders that, aside from the two obvious options, that it was maybe a group of fellow tourists who went back to their hotel, calmly checked out, and got off the island before they shut down the ferries.

Edited by JLCrab

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

said shortly after the 2 murders that, aside from the two obvious options, that it was a group of fellow tourists who went back to their hotel, calmly checked out, and got off the island before they shut down the ferries.

I agree , plenty of tourists that never been in the attention of the media. They should have contacted them back in their home countries and checked their movements that night.   

I said shortly after the 2 murders that, aside from the two obvious options, that it was maybe a group of fellow tourists who went back to their hotel, calmly checked out, and got off the island before they shut down the ferries.

Two obvious options?

Second part. What time did the first ferry leave? How many, estimated, got off the island using the ferry before it was closed?