Slap-up Breakfast

SidJames

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

They had a very good selection and almost everything you could think of for breakfast. I think they had at least 4 live cooking stations, 2 for egg dishes and 2 I think for Thai food. They have tokens on your table and when you order at the live station hand over a token and its brought to your table. When you first sit down you get tea or coffee brought to the table.

We had stayed the night and unfortunately I had a hangover so didn't get the best out of it. Came across a drink buffet the night before, all the beer ,cocktails or wine you could drink in 2 hours for 299, doesn't make for a good breakfast.

Hi, re the drink buffet,would appreciate...........where was it, is it a regular promotion..................weekly etc ?

13 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

Hi, re the drink buffet,would appreciate...........where was it, is it a regular promotion..................weekly etc ?

Think it was called Redstep  -  just the other side of the Green Tree from the Holiday Inn.

Seemed like a normal offer, most of the customers were on it, fairly obvious as the staff just walk around topping your glass up. That is the downside, no idea of what you have had.

The best bang for the buck I think is the Lek hotel.  Buy 10 breakfast coupons for 1200 b.

The place is not that nice and no aircon just fans outside covered.  But if you want to fill up on a buffet with all the breakfast items and chicken and pork dishes etc., it is not bad.  Go around 1130, load up,  and you don't have to eat the rest of the day all for 120 b. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The best bang for the buck I think is the Lek hotel.  Buy 10 breakfast coupons for 1200 b.

The place is not that nice and no aircon just fans outside covered.  But if you want to fill up on a buffet with all the breakfast items and chicken and pork dishes etc., it is not bad.  Go around 1130, load up,  and you don't have to eat the rest of the day all for 120 b. 

Been there , done it , great value for the money . There is one more restaurant not far from the Lek and I think it was called  " Kiss  " . Very popular and cheap but not sure if they sold breakfast . I would sometimes go there around midnight with my latest friend .

If its buffet you're looking for I also vote for Hotel Denmark . Jomtien , not Pattaya but only 15 minutes away in a baht bus. My Scandinavian friends knows how to make real breakfast , try the homemade liver pate, it's delicious. 

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The best ever at Lek's buffet was the morning my mate and I took his Cambodian-American girlfriend for breakfast and she forgot her bra and panties. Then she spilled some juice on her white, cotton summer dress and sponged it with so much water it became all a bit transparent. Never seen so many old buggers refilling their plates... or missing their mouths.

Food was... mehhhh.

Edited by NanLaew

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The best ever at Lek's buffet was the morning my mate and I took his Cambodian-American girlfriend for breakfast and she forgot her bra and panties. Then she spilled some juice on her white, cotton summer dress and sponged it with so much water it became all a bit transparent. Never seen so many old buggers refilling their plates... or missing their mouths.

Food was... mehhhh.

:cheesy: Keep makin' this forum worth reading.

I thought Mantra was appalling last month on my first visit

I was put sitting at the bar for a drink while I waited for a table

Then told it would be a long time before table was ready and best to eat where I was

So went inside ,grabbed a plate to start ,went back to my seat ,to find a woman changing a baby's nappy just near my seat ,with a Mantra staff member cooing at the baby

DISGUSTING

rant over

And to the OP I would Highly recommend breakfast buffet at the Hilton any day special or not

550 or 580 s the price as far as I can remember

It's just fab

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, MikaQ5 said:

I thought Mantra was appalling last month on my first visit

I was put sitting at the bar for a drink while I waited for a table

Then told it would be a long time before table was ready and best to eat where I was

So went inside ,grabbed a plate to start ,went back to my seat ,to find a woman changing a baby's nappy just near my seat ,with a Mantra staff member cooing at the baby

DISGUSTING

rant over

And to the OP I would Highly recommend breakfast buffet at the Hilton any day special or not

550 or 580 s the price as far as I can remember

It's just fab

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Should be for that price , was it a buffet or were you served . Could be you paid for where you were ?

Where is the best place in town for a special breakfast?

I've never heard of "special" breakfast places. Is it the same as those places giving "special" massages? Go eat some breakfast while having a girl give you some "special" services while eating?

I don't know about bringing the whole family to get a "special" breakfast too, especially with the nippers. They might be a tad too young.

On 08/07/2017 at 10:50 PM, kokopelli said:

The OP asks for recommendations for a breakfast in Pattaya and he gets ideas for Bangkok? Of course, part of that, is due to not being specific in his post. 

Where in the post did he ask for recommendations for a breakfast in Pattaya? What he did ask for in his post was for a "special" breakfast and I don't see any "special" breakfast places mentioned where you get "special" services.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I've never heard of "special" breakfast places. Is it the same as those places giving "special" massages? Go eat some breakfast while having a girl give you some "special" services while eating?

I don't know about bringing the whole family to get a "special" breakfast too, especially with the nippers. They might be a tad too young.

Read the TOPIC TITLE

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Where in the post did he ask for recommendations for a breakfast in Pattaya? What he did ask for in his post was for a "special" breakfast and I don't see any "special" breakfast places mentioned where you get "special" services.

Note the topic is posted in the PATTAYA forum.

Go to bed and get some sleep.... it's been a long night.

...or if you insist on posting from the hip, have some coffee first.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a buffet style ,and yes I paid for where it was , lovely views etc
I wouldn't go every day but for a 'treat' as it were it's good option as per what the OP was asking about

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk