Moving 'Tabien Bahn'(Yellow House Book)

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's always better to go to the Provincial Thesaban if the local one is creating problems.

The yellow house book has to be applied for at the district office where the blue book that it is based upon is registered. A person cannot pick and choose where to apply for the yellow house book.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The yellow house book has to be applied for at the district office where the blue book that it is based upon is registered. A person cannot pick and choose where to apply for the yellow house book.

Anyone, including Thais or foreigners can apply at their local District (municipal) office, but not another district office, or alternatively at the main Provincial office (administration level 1) which covers all districts.

I obtained my Tabien Baans at my Provincial office rather than my district office, as do my wife and her family regardless of which district they are registered. They sometimes replace worn or damaged Tabien Baans and ID cards at the Provincial office as well.

I've also recommended many local expats who had issues at their local district Thesabans to apply at the Provincial office instead, which they did without problems and obtained their Tabien Baans and ID cards from there.

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Anyone, including Thais or foreigners can apply at their local District (municipal) office, but not another district office, or alternatively at the main Provincial office (administration level 1) which covers all districts.

Perhaps that works where you living but it is not the norm.

Not everywhere has a municipal office either. Most only have an office at the Amphoe level.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps that works where you living but it is not the norm.

Not everywhere has a municipal office either. Most only have an office at the Amphoe level.

Every Province has a Provincial office, they are located in the centres of the main town/city.

There are municipal Thesabans located in Tambons/sub districts (admin level 3) and Amphoe's/districts (admin level 2).

It is these levels that give foreigners the run around with requirements for Tabien Baans. I doubt if level 3 municipal offices will have any clue whatsoever other than waste disposal services in the village.

I've PM'd a couple of members who were having trouble at their Thesaban offices in their Amphoe's with unusual requirement requests and advised them to visit their Provincial offices instead. They successfully obtained their Tabien Baans there and PM'd their thanks.

All Provinces have the same administration levels. (Provincial government offices).

Only Bangkok is somewhat different being run by Local Government.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There are municipal Thesabans located in Tambons/sub districts (admin level 3) and Amphoe's/districts (admin level 2).

There are very few offices at the tambon level. In the district where my wife was village head for 5 years everything had to be done at the Amphoe.