90 day report

90 day begins from entry date stamp in passport, but if 90 day be reported 2 weeks before full 90 days when will be the next report ?

Example :

If I entered on  "Jan 1"  and I reported on  "Mar 15"  (75 days).

When will it be my next 90 day report ? 

Mar 31 + 90

Or

Mar 15 + 90

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Most offices will date the next report 90 days from the date you make the report.

Agreed. 

There are also offices which will 'reset' the 90 day report at the time an extension of stay is renewed. 

Personally I do not understand why some people worry this issue. It is a simple process even if its purpose has been lost in the mists of time and an aged law.

Worry or not worry, just turn to one of the last pages in your passport, look at the 90 days-slip and follow what is stamped there.

So why even ask.....

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

The point of the post was, if a person reports early, before the 90 day, then in one year's time, instead of a perfect 4 x  90 days = 360, he might do 76, 76, 76, 76, and then another one or more depending on how things are stamped.  How soon can one report early, it seems like one could easily end up reporting 5 times in a year.  And from what I read about some of the offices, and the less than reliable system, things don't always go smoothly and it can be more than just an annoyance or inconvenience

9 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

The point of the post was, if a person reports early, before the 90 day, then in one year's time, instead of a perfect 4 x  90 days = 360, he might do 76, 76, 76, 76, and then another one or more depending on how things are stamped.  How soon can one report early, it seems like one could easily end up reporting 5 times in a year.  And from what I read about some of the offices, and the less than reliable system, things don't always go smoothly and it can be more than just an annoyance or inconvenience

You just creating  a lot of worry for yourself. First of all if you like it; you can report 15 days ahead of the stamped date back in your passport up to 7 days late of the very same date....

But just read the stamp back there... AND by the way take notice when you are out of the country, than the clock resets for your 90 day report and when you enter Thailand again, it is being day 1 on your report...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

44 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

If reporting in person there is really no reason to report that early unless you were not going to be at your home address during the reporting window.

I have been doing my reports by mail for some time now. I have planned their delivery about 7 days early.

When I went to apply for my extension in August of last year my report date was near the end of August and was more than 15 days away when I applied so had to mail in the report. My next report is due the 26th of this month now. So about a month earlier than last year which is good since I will be able to the report and extension at the same time.

When my wife or I were doing the reports in person we did them on the 90th day or a few days after to keep the reporting date close to when my extension was due.

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

Worry or not worry, just turn to one of the last pages in your passport, look at the 90 days-slip and follow what is stamped there.

So why even ask.....

Glegolo

This is my first report since more than 8 months ago I got my 1st extension stamp, but every time I traveled out of Thailand before 90 day report.

I would like to know how it works. I don't want to be blamed by immigration or be fined by them.

Thanks

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If reporting in person there is really no reason to report that early unless you were not going to be at your home address during the reporting window.

I have been doing my reports by mail for some time now. I have planned their delivery about 7 days early.

When I went to apply for my extension in August of last year my report date was near the end of August and was more than 15 days away when I applied so had to mail in the report. My next report is due the 26th of this month now. So about a month earlier than last year which is good since I will be able to the report and extension at the same time.

When my wife or I were doing the reports in person we did them on the 90th day or a few days after to keep the reporting date close to when my extension was due.

Thank you Joe,

I understand how it works now. 

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

You just creating  a lot of worry for yourself. First of all if you like it; you can report 15 days ahead of the stamped date back in your passport up to 7 days late of the very same date....

But just read the stamp back there... AND by the way take notice when you are out of the country, than the clock resets for your 90 day report and when you enter Thailand again, it is being day 1 on your report...

Glegolo

so you can report 7 days late, and they will start the 90 days from then. no penalty if not abused or doing it all the time?

Just now, gk10002000 said:

so you can report 7 days late, and they will start the 90 days from then. no penalty if not abused or doing it all the time?

It is more like 6 days late since most offices start the count on the report date. No problem as long as you don't go beyond the 6 days.