Ex-Muay Thai champ arrested for ‘threatening to kill’ British man in Pattaya

webfact

26 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

You have to watch those watch salesmen , there ticking time bombs ready to explode.

A couple of years ago when I was Laos a chap set up stall in a hotel car-park. He was selling the most beautiful Rolex and Rado watches for 700 Bhat each. I bought 8 (4 of each) for 5k. I got a receipt from a Thai in Nong Khai for the watches just to cover myself at LHR and gave them away to friends when I visited UK two years ago.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

I remember this numbnuts stabbing that Russian fella. So he got two years. Will end up doing it again.  And yes was the right thing this Brit did. Police need to take him off the streets.

But it would only be for a year or 2...then out to do it again. Plenty of serial jailbirds in Thailand. Once read of thieves having been locked up for 5 or 6 times...all short sentences and often paroled early. The benefits of crime  obviously outweigh the time locked away.

4 hours ago, angsta said:

No Thai would ever do this. 

Just gets funnier reading it for the millionth time..  I wish I could be so witty to come up with something so original.

Almost as original as the good ole "bad guys out....." mantra that posters seem to love to day thinking they are been hugely witty..

Wooh Wooh

47 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Just a "second", mate, if you're that "strapped!", I could give you a "pointer" or two! (Sorry - i  promised myself I wasn't going to do that any more!)

Perhaps he should open a theme pub and call it Muay Thai and Mai Tais.- If the drinks don't floor you; the owner will.:saai:

Arrested?...Really?

I have had my fair share of stupid altercations like this and the police always say they cant arrest anyone unless someones been seriously hurt. A fist fight i guess took place but i was attacked with a machete in rawai just for asking a guy to move his car from blocking my garage door. Police (chalong) said well no ones dead yet so what are they supposed to do?

Things are different now? That happned a good 10years ago.

I think it's pretty obvious this nutter will seek revenge, and most likely with a gun.

What options are there for the shop owner now - shut down his business and leave town, or stand his ground and wait for the next (possibly fatal) encounter with the Thai bloke?

I really wouldn't want to make that decision.

3 hours ago, JustNo said:

That's what I was thinking, this was a bad move on his part. Either he doesn't know how this country works after living here for x amount of years, somehow, or he's brave and or stupid 

What do you suggest he should have done?

5 hours ago, the guest said:

So the foreigner is now a sitting duck, he will have to look over his shoulder for most of the time whilst in Thailand. 

I ended up in the same boat after telling someone my "girlfriend" stole 5000 baht.  She had neighbors watching me to call her when I went out.  I concluded that I would move to a more populated area 5 miles away.  Of course now I'm hundreds of miles away and would never go back.  We are but targets in a gallery in Pattaya waiting for someone with a good aim.

Get yourself a Staffy chained up at the back of the sandwich shop. Next time boofhead turns up, let the dog loose and watch the fun begin - OR - just buy one of his crap fake watches every week and he'll be your best buddy for life :-)

6 hours ago, thaiman said:

Bad move on the British guy.  Making this thai guy lose face in the public limelight.  He should of handled this altercation underground.  The Thai will probable get his revenge on way or another.

So you are suggesting that everyone buys anything that these a*s*h*l*s are selling just so that they don,t lose face !!!

I have met the same guy about 2 to 3 years ago...He insisted to sell one of his scrap watches.  First I told him very politely that I was not interested.  Finaly I asked him if he was looking for trouble....his answer was: "No, I think YOU are looking for trouble"...All the same...when they don't get what they want.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

The man is clearly has an anger issues... wouldn't be surprise if one day, soon,

we will hear from this gentleman again, and not a good things...

I am in need of a fake watch , I would buy a fake watch from him i only go for rolex though and it has to be quality but as long as that is ok i would not mind buying one . some of these buyers go over the top all he had to say was he was not interested and not order him out of the shop

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it's pretty obvious this nutter will seek revenge, and most likely with a gun.

What options are there for the shop owner now - shut down his business and leave town, or stand his ground and wait for the next (possibly fatal) encounter with the Thai bloke?

I really wouldn't want to make that decision.

The Thai guy probably has a run in with someone every time he goes out selling. This particular time we have heard about it. I don't think he will bother that farang again.

"Saving face" does not mean a threatened person should go underground Thaiman....and please advise me what you actually mean by going underground.In case you missed it, the objective of having police is to have a route to report "illegal" behavior....at least in theory (of course different rules  can apply here). You threaten someone and/or this person's staff, then it's very simple- your ridiculous excuse of face being saved means s..t. to me and many others. Act like  a man...control your temper( to think that someone should be forced to buy counterfeit watches is insane to begin with), and get a life. And I'm sure the person person in custody wasn't smiling. :)

After the death threat from this pathetic piece of shit The Brit is entitled to apply forceful self defence, Eg. basebal bat to head ....and ask questions later if he ever comes around to intimidate him again. Do the world a favour, considering his criminal history.

Secondly. the other POS in this story (wearing brown uniforms) most likely would have ignored this incident if the farang had reported the incident, rather than the Thai female employee. Kudos to her for sticking up for her boss, even though she knew it could be dangerous for her.

Edited by Dodgydownunder

"some of these buyers go over the top all he had to say was he was not interested and not order him out of the shop"...

Some of these "buyers" go over the top? Did you not read that the victim's staff was in fear? I would have told the fake watch seller to leave as well.  It seems to me that the prospective buyer clearly indicated he was not interested and the problem was that the seller could not take no for an answer. Again...the attitude that anyone is obligated to buy from you is the core of the problem. No thanks.... Ok bye.