webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The Thai guy probably has a run in with someone every time he goes out selling. This particular time we have heard about it. I don't think he will bother that farang again.

I hope you're right.  I can't help thinking; fallen muay-thai champ, no longer hero worshipped, resorts to selling fake watches, loses face twice (in his mind), already stabbed someone in 2015...not a good recipe.

10 hours ago, steelepulse said:

So you stab someone and you can be out in less than 2 years?  That doesn't seem like a very heavy penalty for attempting to kill someone who doesn't want one of your <deleted> watches.

There's a huge difference between stabbing a russian tourist and attempted murder.

Only explanation... I guess jail was full of political prisoners and people arrested on non violent drug charges... 

"There's a huge difference between stabbing a russian tourist and attempted murder." Oh......I see- and when a person stabs another, it's merely to teach that person a lesson without killing them? And that's assuming the stabbing of the Russian  just  happened to miss vital organs.One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist (nor a detective) to see that this guy has malicious intent written all over his "face". He's just proven that with his latest attempt...."I'm going to kill you" supposedly were his  words. In other countries, just those words alone are enough evidence to distinguish a stabbing from attempted murder.

23 minutes ago, TMNH said:

"There's a huge difference between stabbing a russian tourist and attempted murder." Oh......I see- and when a person stabs another, it's merely to teach that person a lesson without killing them? And that's assuming the stabbing of the Russian  just  happened to miss vital organs.One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist (nor a detective) to see that this guy has malicious intent written all over his "face". He's just proven that with his latest attempt...."I'm going to kill you" supposedly were his  words. In other countries, just those words alone are enough evidence to distinguish a stabbing from attempted murder.

I was trying to be funny. 

Also, trying to hint at that thai people get off easy when assaulting tourists / foreigners... Not saying its true but its often stated on this forum..

But yeah, attempted murder for sure, stabbing someone...

Edited by hobz

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

I was trying to be funny. 

Also, trying to hint at that thai people get off easy when assaulting tourists / foreigners... Not saying its true but its often stated on this forum

I initially thought it might be sarcasm hobz- sometimes in cyberspace  it can be tricky. Sorry for misinterpreting your comment or anything I may have suggested. And I agree- double standards  are unfortunately a reality at "times", but the bottom line is that it's more undeserved negative publicity towards Thais in general. I won't allow the bad apples to tarnish my views of Thai society as a whole. I simply suggest those in question be  punished as an example.The ideal (yes- idealistic perhaps) that wrong-doing applies to everyone and no one is above the law.

Looks like the watch seller has previous history regarding selling watches with menaces.
A 2015 article in Thairath reported that on 10/03/15 he stabbed a 22 year-old Russian tourist after he refused to buy a watch from him. It was also reported in the same article that prior to stabbing the Russian he had an additional previous conviction for assault in Pattaya.

Pic of Cowperthwaite and Sisaeng squaring up at the police station
20170710064810227.jpg

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just try to imagine what it would be like, to live you life every moment of every day, being hyper concerned about what other people think of you, how you project yourself to complete strangers, and the potential embarrassment of it all? What an extraordinary waste of time and energy. How low does your self esteem have to be, to be so concerned about what others think of you?

Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Brilliant post Spidermike! I could not have said it any better. Bravo!

18 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Time to give up the watch selling business and move into the taxi driving business. 

Tik Tok went the clock, only time b4 this nutter kills someone.

Time to get out of town for sandwich man as he may become the meat between, sadly another nutter running loose in LOS.

200 baht fine and promise not to do it again should be enough? Proves to me Farang are not welcome in Thailand I can feel it more and more by the way they look at me and its not because i am ugly and fat They just dont want us here From government down Land of smiles no way Land of impatient lazy bad drivers

16 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Scary shit. May want to give some thought into relocating. Another waste of a good skin. 

They can always use a good Brit Sandwich shop in Hua Hin.........

22 hours ago, Deez said:

Agreed. Police will do nothing. Too scared themselves

I haven't listened to the clip too carefully but at one point when he was laughing about the police coming he did seem to be suggesting that life is cheap in Thailand, words to that effect anyway.

Made the clip public for a while so long as there are no daft comments on my FB lol

Buy or else ....

Trouble is foreigners are easy pickings for Thais, and so it is best to keep your head down, and your mouth shut. Don't have any high expectations, don't complain or make ripples, keep your footprint as small as possible. Be polite and respectful and all times, and know your place in Thai society. 

Thailand is for Thais, and that's the best advise I can give.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:01 PM, thaiman said:

Bad move on the British guy.  Making this thai guy lose face in the public limelight.  He should of handled this altercation underground.  The Thai will probable get his revenge on way or another.

what bullshit, scum like this need bringing to the authorities. I wouldn't want to live my life in fear of either this nutjob or, fear if I shop him I'll be in trouble. Crazy point of view