Galaxy S8 screen replacement

Best option is going to Samsung's Service point on Pattaya Nua. This shop is in an area called the Office, on the same side and not too far from the bus station. All prices are listed and staff is very professional in handling problems are repairs. This all assuming that you are living in Pattaya.

Have fun !

Edited by Halfaboy

3 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Best option is going to Samsung's Service point on Pattaya Nua. This shop is in an area called the Office, on the same side and not too far from the bus station. All prices are listed and staff is very professional in handling problems are repairs. This all assuming that you are living in Pattaya.

Have fun !

i second that

And I thought the 6,700 Baht the LG shop charged me for a replacement of my G5 screen was expensive. Geez... third party screens should only be about $50 and original ones about $70-150. 11,000 Baht is crazy!

16 hours ago, wump said:

And I thought the 6,700 Baht the LG shop charged me for a replacement of my G5 screen was expensive. Geez... third party screens should only be about $50 and original ones about $70-150. 11,000 Baht is crazy!

These screens ain't  just a glass lens, they have a HDR LCD component attached to the glass front. Some hi tech shit like that. Still seems crazy when you can buy a 32 inch HD LCD TV for 10,000  thb. I saw a quote online for $699 in Oz. haven't bought it yet, still looking.

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2017 at 5:16 AM, Buriramfelang said:

These screens ain't  just a glass lens, they have a HDR LCD component attached to the glass front. Some hi tech shit like that. Still seems crazy when you can buy a 32 inch HD LCD TV for 10,000  thb. I saw a quote online for $699 in Oz. haven't bought it yet, still looking.

Did you find a solution? My S8+ needs a screen repair also...

2 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

Were you happy with the results and is it still waterproof?

Do you remember which shop you used?

I have a backup note 5  (I know it's old lol) and I dropped it and purple "ink" started spreading across the screen until a day later it was unusable 

I think with the expensive models you should bring them to Samsung service centre

It cost me over 6k to fix it but they give you a few months warranty on whatever part they fixed... 

I have tried using cheaper phones from other brands but after using Samsung note range they all fall short on the user experience in one area or another...(usually screen quality ime) 

Anyone thinking they need the latest and greatest model should probably watch the below video for real life comparisons though

(particularly the 2nd round of speed tests which really tell you the difference is fractions of a second under normal usage ) 

On 10/07/2017 at 2:59 PM, Halfaboy said:

Have fun !

If you're not in pattaya, there is an excellent official Samsung service centre in mbk, bkk

They're probably not as cheap as getting  it fixed at some somchais stall but you can be sure they will be using legit Samsung parts and not Chinese knock offs and they warranty their repairs too... 

(5th floor and free tea /coffee and refreshments while you wait) 

I couldn't take the phone anywhere, it's in Oz. the place in Pattaya Nua wouldn't sell me a screen. In Tuk Com along the wall with the repair shops there's several called ATOM, probably brothers. The one with purple signage, ask for Joe. Nice enough guy, for a Thai. The phones owner is happy and has no complaints, other then that he broke the original screen.

On 15/10/2017 at 12:51 PM, Xaos said:

that be expensive, i guess 15 000

for my s7 edge it was 10 000

Now heres good bit to notice.

I bought my S8+ in Banana IT Store, they gave me lots of freebies, and they do 1 time screen replacement for free! So I highly recommend for new stores Banana IT http://shoponline.bananastore.com/#

Samsung and Huawei are offering a free screen replacement on their top models (not sure about Thailand but in other countries it's only valid for the first 90 days iirc 

If you drop it after that, you're fckked

On 10/17/2017 at 1:53 AM, Buriramfelang said:

I couldn't take the phone anywhere, it's in Oz. the place in Pattaya Nua wouldn't sell me a screen. In Tuk Com along the wall with the repair shops there's several called ATOM, probably brothers. The one with purple signage, ask for Joe. Nice enough guy, for a Thai. The phones owner is happy and has no complaints, other then that he broke the original screen.

Thanks for the tip. Went to see him and price was 13500THB for front and back replacement. Not cheap, but the phone looks brand new now.

Learned my lesson and bought a case and a screen protector from him also. ;-)

Have to admit, after the repair my mobile data is shit. 4g falls back, etc... The phone asks for a factory reset, but can't do that right now. It is not carrier related also because I am not in Thailand right now. Not sure why this happened. Will go back to atom when I am back in Pattaya before I will do the factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 20 October 2017 at 8:35 PM, ExpatDraco said:

Thanks for the tip. Went to see him and price was 13500THB for front and back replacement. Not cheap, but the phone looks brand new now.

Learned my lesson and bought a case and a screen protector from him also. ;-)

Surely not cheap, hopefully the case will mean it don't happen again.

Update: went back to Atom because mobile data was <deleted> up. Explained it to Joe and he recommended changing sim card. From experience I knew that the sim card wasn't the cause and indeed it wasn't. The thing is in Tukcom, the phone's mobile data worked but once I was home it didn't work at all and depending on location it sometimes worked but most of the time it didn't. So I went back to Joe and said: you can keep the phone for one night, take it home and you will see that it will stop working. Next day I came back and he told me that he reopened the phone and saw there was a small connection problem near or in the sim card reader. He fixed it, and now the phone is working perfectly again. Didn't have to pay anything. Happy ending! :)

Edited by ExpatDraco