new house build

anyone built a new house recently?i am looking for an idea of costs  either on a sq ft basis or as an estimate of the total cost .it will be a modern design 3\4 bed 3 bathrooms on 2 floors and aproximately 220 sq meters floor area., only looking for a ball park figure .the kitchen will be european style but i will build all the units myself so not looking to include that thanks for any help that anyone can offer with the priceing

The OP could go in person to his local PD House builder. They offer three grades of home construction in many proven plans. While you may or may not hire that firm to build your house in Thailand, it will be worthwhile and educational to see why some building costs per square meter are higher than you may have heard or read. 99 baht per square meter tile from Dynasty Top shop or 900 baht per square meter tile from a high end Bangkok tile supplier. 1700 baht Chinese flushing toilet or a 17,000 baht name brand such as Toto or Kohler higher end toilet. 9 baht cement roof tile or 29 raft roof  concrete tile the same size. Tin roof, fiber cement roof, slate roof, terracotta roof, concrete roof tiles, all sorts of various costs. 399 baht  cold water sink taps or 4900 baht hot and cold taps. Steel 2.0, 2.3, 3.2, 4.0 etc.. for the roof. Rebar in all sizes, weights, grades. 1800 baht UPVC Wellington windows or 18,000 baht Sun Paradise UPVC double glased turn and tilt windows the same size. Looking at build grades inside the showroom of PD House would be very helpful for the OP in my opinion.  The "weight" of the steel used in any part of a Thailand build can vary, yet the long term stability of the roof will matter if the proper weight and size steel is used. PVC 499 baht plastic bathroom doors or 4999 baht UPVC bathroom doors.  5000 baht glass front door or 65,000 baht wood entrance doors. There are so many variables to the cost of building in any country. 

http://www.pd.co.th/en

You want to be sure to get tiles in the bathroom and bathing area, that have texture, so that no one slips and falls. 

I think what you do is start out getting a good contractor and get a quote from him.

Next you need to find out how much he is budgeting for various items. Then, as one for instance- Once you know how much he is budgeting for bathroom tiles (per sq. ft. or sq. mtr) , then you choose something more expensive, and you work out the difference in price compared to what he is budgeting for. You can do this with many items and it can all be pretty straightforward. Better builders will tend to be planning on "good" quality items. 

thanks again charlie ,i suppose that i should have mentioned in my first post that this will be my fourth house build in thailand with the last one being finished over 5 years ago hence the request for info on costs the other thing that i omitted to tell was that i was in the building industry in the uk for 40 plus years in some capacity