dave2? Sad news apparently :(

Chiangmai Foxy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will state my terms for accepting Dave2's passing.  Also being on this forum for a goodly number of years, I know of D2's propensity for rushing out and getting photos of whatever site subject was at hand, it would seem within minutes of the original post.  SOOOO heres my term for ackknowledging and accepting his passing.  If you have truly left us D2, I know that you will surely be in heaven.  Sooo  I expect you to be up to your reputation and post photos of the place.  I await your post with great anticipation.

5 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

If you have truly left us D2, I know that you will surely be in heaven.  Sooo  I expect you to be up to your reputation and post photos of the place.  I await your post with great anticipation.

Seems like he obliged....................

It would appear that we have received reasonable confirmation of his passing.   Thank you for your patience on this.

It sounds like he was a respected and appreciated member of the community.   My condolences to his friends, family and the many people who appreciated and will miss his posts.

RIP

R.I.P.  I appreciated his photos that referenced a particular topic .71 is not that old these days .Anyway he would seem to have made a quick exit without too much pain ,i hope .

15 hours ago, Scott said:

It would appear that we have received reasonable confirmation of his passing.   Thank you for your patience on this.

It sounds like he was a respected and appreciated member of the community.   My condolences to his friends, family and the many people who appreciated and will miss his posts.

RIP

Apparently his Son is coming over next week to sort out the arrangements..i will try to find out what i can

4 hours ago, Chiangmai Foxy said:

Apparently his Son is coming over next week to sort out the arrangements..i will try to find out what i can

Please tell his son how much we respected and admired him.  He was one of the true gentlemen of Thai Visa.  I really regret not meeting him, or if I did, not being able to "match a face with a TV name" as often happens.  

12 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Please tell his son how much we respected and admired him.  He was one of the true gentlemen of Thai Visa.  I really regret not meeting him, or if I did, not being able to "match a face with a TV name" as often happens.  

There is a photo of him in the other thread.

On July 11, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Chiangmai Foxy said:

Yes apparently so, as i indicated in my original post...
He was taken from his room over a week ago by medical personnel in their chosen apparatus shall we say!!!..He didn't just leave his place and avoid posting on 'Thai Visa' or take a trip!!!
Reefs were laid by his motorcycle, from many people living in his condo...
chatted and had a beer with him a week ago, he seemed perfectly fine and healthy to me, exercising and having a few beers..
For those who need further information you can ask at his apartment..

*** removed****

Sounds like he was either very ill or worse. You could check with the local hospital. There aren't that many in cm.

1 hour ago, Jim Turner Mad Punx said:

Sounds like he was either very ill or worse. You could check with the local hospital. There aren't that many in cm.

He certainly didn't come across very ill at all...walked miles every day, i saw him 3 times a week in basic line bar,full of life (pardon the pun) 4 beers in different bars every night, loh kroh, muan muang soi 1 etc...Must of been sudden, as he looked healthy..maybe we will never know..but he always used to say  "every day could be your last" mmm..

3 hours ago, Jim Turner Mad Punx said:

i guess it's safe to say it's worse then. maybe you could check with the local wat.

Have you read the thread?  Why would one check with the local wat? About what?

11 hours ago, Chiangmai Foxy said:

He never went to hospital, he was taken from his room shall we say in a body bag :( 

If he was dead when they found him it could be something else. I hope the police are also following up on this.

R.I.P. 

Can confirm that Dave's nephew flew over last week and the body went back to England to a Crematorium..
Cost a Million or so (Baht) to do it but small fry shall we say!! 
Richest man in the proverbial...

He lived well and couldn't spend it, as he always said to me.. RIP x

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

He'd just been to visit his mum in the UK, flew back to CM and died within the week.

He was very healthy, but a prior history of strokes, probably DVT from the flight.

@steven100

Cheaper way, burn them here, send the ashes back, but I guess his mum wanted to do it all back in the UK.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

He'd just been to visit his mum in the UK, flew back to CM and died within the week.

He was very healthy, but a prior history of strokes, probably DVT from the flight.

@steven100

Cheaper way, burn them here, send the ashes back, but I guess his mum wanted to do it all back in the UK.

In the photo, it appeared that he had been a stroke victim.  The way the airlines treat passengers is criminal.

2 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

In the photo, it appeared that he had been a stroke victim.  The way the airlines treat passengers is criminal.

Pretty sure he used to fork out for Club Class and fly direct to UK.  More comfort in CC but still sitting in one position for 13 hours.

8 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Pretty sure he used to fork out for Club Class and fly direct to UK.  More comfort in CC but still sitting in one position for 13 hours.

might be a good reason to drink a lot of beers on the flights...it will give you a reason to get up and walk to the head.  You can find yourself in a zone for hours, not moving...gotta be bad for you.  And then all the extra stress added on.......lines, checkpoints, immigration, taxis, traffic, luggage...not for the faint hearted.

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

wow ... One million baht to send someone back home .. seems quite expensive doesn't it.

Wouldn't there be a cheaper way ...  ?

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

@steven100

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

2 hours ago, rogeroc said:

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

might be a good reason to drink a lot of beers on the flights...it will give you a reason to get up and walk to the head.  You can find yourself in a zone for hours, not moving...gotta be bad for you.  And then all the extra stress added on.......lines, checkpoints, immigration, taxis, traffic, luggage...not for the faint hearted.

how morbid can you get, with the  above posts,  the lot of yous,    should bow your heads  in shame,   let  Dave R.I.P.

its  a Karma good evening to you,s