dave2? Sad news apparently :(

Chiangmai Foxy

I have enjoyed Dave2 photos and comments for years. Never met him tho.

In one of his last posts he was singing the praises of the little bakery and restaurant, Nice Sweet Place, think I got that name right, on Moon Muang. He liked to go there for a banana shake with the milk in it while enjoying the passing scene. I had done that also just days before he posted, wow, what a coincidence. Its like, we had a connection but I never met him.

Check this place out, its unique, and good pastries. Sit a spell. A smile will get you one back from the old ladies there. Its so cool. Daves hangout. RIP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, huli said:

I have enjoyed Dave2 photos and comments for years. Never met him tho.

In one of his last posts he was singing the praises of the little bakery and restaurant, Nice Sweet Place, think I got that name right, on Moon Muang. He liked to go there for a banana shake with the milk in it while enjoying the passing scene. I had done that also just days before he posted, wow, what a coincidence. Its like, we had a connection but I never met him.

Check this place out, its unique, and good pastries. Sit a spell. A smile will get you one back from the old ladies there. Its so cool. Daves hangout. RIP

Is there a place on moon mueang that doesn't have old ladies?

On 7/24/2017 at 9:08 PM, evenstevens said:

how morbid can you get, with the  above posts,  the lot of yous,    should bow your heads  in shame,   let  Dave R.I.P.

its  a Karma good evening to you,s

Dunno why you think that, Dave and I (and Mr. Roc) often used to discuss this sort of thing over a beer or coffee ........ you didn't even know him.

I had a flight 2 months back, way younger than him and my ankles and lower legs were twice the size when I got off the plane ... and I cycle to Doi Suthep 4x a week.

Flights + over 60 years old = risk of sudden death.

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Dunno why you think that, Dave and I (and Mr. Roc) often used to discuss this sort of thing over a beer or coffee ........ you didn't even know him.

I had a flight 2 months back, way younger than him and my ankles and lower legs were twice the size when I got off the plane ... and I cycle to Doi Suthep 4x a week.

Flights + over 60 years old = risk of sudden death.

>>Flights + over 60 years old = risk of sudden death.<<

Its a good way to go .I don't want to depart just yet so do take walks about every hour on long flights .

1 hour ago, anto said:

Its a good way to go .I don't want to depart just yet so do take walks about every hour on long flights .

I agree, and not only folks over 60 should do that . I always make sure to sit near the aisle. I try to walk as much as possible and do some leg exercise during the flight . I also wear flight compression socks , very important to avoid blood clots.  

I think many people are unaware of the risks. 

Edited by balo

On 7/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, evenstevens said:

how morbid can you get, with the  above posts,  the lot of yous,    should bow your heads  in shame,   let  Dave R.I.P.

its  a Karma good evening to you,s

He is probably chuffed we are keeping him on the 1st page of the CM forum

7 hours ago, rogeroc said:

He is probably chuffed we are keeping him on the 1st page of the CM forum

yes that is a very nice thought

but sadly

bringing in a post mortem report why he passed away (if correct)and discussing  remedys how to avoid such,

is a very macabre way of honouring Dave 2  fine contribition   over   the years to T.V.

start a new thread if one desires to do so,that would  be the right thing to do,and leave this thread alone for members to pay their condolences to Dave2

10 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

So strange how the good die young....or before their time.

Loved his posts but unfortunately never met Dave.  By all accounts a true gentleman.

71 is a good age .If i reach that and then have a quick easy death ,that would be great.

1 hour ago, anto said:

71 is a good age .If i reach that and then have a quick easy death ,that would be great.

I know 71 has been mentioned here but i thought he was much younger, (mid sixties)  but i stand to be corrected. Certainly from what i knew of his health and mobility it was an unexpected , untimely and sad loss. It is natural to be curious about the causes of his demise.

19 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

It is natural to be curious about the causes of his demise.

Maybe, but I don't think we are doing dave2's memory any good with this public discussion on causes etc.  Let us please remember him for his life and great photo (and other contributions) to this site and leave it at that.

7 hours ago, transam said:

Think this thread has gone off track....Dave2 has left us, perhaps leave it at that...:smile:

>>..Dave2 has left us,<<

He was never in my life so did not leave me personally ,but i did have one of his trekking sticks .Holding it i feel like i knew him on an astral level .

I think its time for this to be closed.

There is the rememberance section at the top of the forum which also has an entry.

Members have had their chance to comment and leave condolences here but its time to leave it now.

CLOSED.