Thai soldiers arrest Israeli businessmen

webfact

Here is a little bit of irony from the past.

A story about the accused, Mr. Hadad, visiting a young Israeli in Thai prison in 2015.

“You do not want to find yourself in a prison in Thailand, where there are no beds or bathrooms, just a small pipe with water and a hole to relieve yourself, Hadad said. “Just from seeing these prison cells you could become sick.” Hadad runs a local business and knows the lay of the land well enough so that he’s begun helping foreigners stay out of trouble.

Some 50,000 Jewish tourists a year come to Koh Samui, an exotic Island where foreigners sometimes get into trouble. “While it is not often, it happens from time to time that we have to attend to prisoners, mostly from Israel,” said Rabbi 
Mendy Goldshmid.

http://lubavitch.com/news/article/2031781/In-Prison-and-Desperate-But-Not-Alone.html

Hadad has his problems now, but it seems to me a good thing (for Israelis) that there is such personalized assistance for Israeli nationals in trouble in Samui and other international locales. Too bad more nationalities don't have that kind of localized support while abroad. Sure there are embassies and consulates but they can't easily cover everywhere.

Edited by Jingthing

Israel is an interesting country , a democracy full of open minded people , still controlled by military people and always in the news for the wrong reasons.  

I always wanted to visit as a tourist but we went to Egypt instead. It was less complicated. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Israel is an interesting country , a democracy full of open minded people , still controlled by military people and always in the news for the wrong reasons.  

I always wanted to visit as a tourist but we went to Egypt instead. It was less complicated. 

Sure, no military people in control in Egypt -- :whistling:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/02/egypts-failed-revolution

38 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

<deleted> me! Jingthing is still going, and still talking crap. Time to shut it. Please.

I put him on ignore days ago. No need for me to read apologist nonsense.

Edited by JamJar
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Thai soldiers making an arrest. How peculiar. Are they actually practicing some sort of law enforcement? Actually, there are a multitude of gangsters hiding out on Samui. It has been a haven for them, for decades now, due to the extreme lack of law enforcement, and the comical incompetency of both the police and the army. Neither can be taken seriously. The fact that an arrest was made, is suspicious in itself. But, many gangsters, and wannabe gangsters inhabit the southern islands, most definitely, and they are the closest thing to the wild west, one can find in SE Asia.