Boiled Eggs from 7-11

Daffy D

Recently discovers that 7-11 sell hard boiled eggs ready to eat.

5964319b51e5c_7-11Eggs.jpg.9f24b02ed357c92263cbea8d51bb8aa1.jpg 

They come in packs of two with a little sachet of vinegar, just remove the shell and eat.

Very tasty little snack  :thumbsup:

I found them tucked away in the corner of the bottom shelf of their cool cabinet.

They also do soft boiled eggs, but haven't tried those yet.

:smile:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of all the crap they sell in there, if you want to be at least slightly heathly the eggs are a good option. Some of the sandwiches in the refrigerated section are also ok.....NOT the sugary pork filled monstrosities on the bread shelves!! In a rush, its not all doom and gloom in 7/11.....

Must admit I was always a fan of their cheese and ham croissant style toasties. Great emergency snack on the way home after a late night out and preferable to a lukewarm burger with soggy cold fries at 6 times the price.

Posted using Tapatalk

They come with soy sauce, not vinegar, just to clarify.

And I like them as well. And it is the only thing in the 7.000 sku store I would feed the baby. 

Their little eclairs and chocolate cake or chocolate lava cake for junk food. The portions are so small it is easier to justify

2 hours ago, themerg said:

Are they the salted eggs ?

I like the preserved eggs, the pink ones.

Remove the shell, they have black soft-boiled yolk.

I've always wondered what those pink eggs were. Are they chicken eggs dyed pink? Or some other kind of bird?

6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I once saw frozen mashed potatoes in a Villa and couldn't believe anyone would be that lazy.....this beats that....buying ready boiled eggs? Really?

Not everyone has the means to boil an egg .

I dont have kitchen, dont need or want one

The EZYGo frozen pork wonton soup (35 Baht) at 7-11 is very good. I always keep a few in the freezer for when I want a quick easy meal. If anyone dares to try it, be sure you don't overcook it, or the wontons will fall apart. They also have shrimp wonton soup, but I haven't tried it.

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not everyone has the means to boil an egg .

I dont have kitchen, dont need or want one

You DO need one....to boil eggs. Actually you're right, you don't need a kitchen. You could boil eggs in a kettle

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont need either as I can get them from 7/11

I do not live here permanently and stay in hotels. It's quick and easy to take a quick walk to 7/11 and get couple of HB eggs, some pineapple and watermelon from a cart and have a decent, healthy breakfast for less than 200 baht.

44 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You DO need one....to boil eggs. Actually you're right, you don't need a kitchen. You could boil eggs in a kettle

Yes, you can. And cause yourself all kinds of problems skin wise.

Ready boiled eggs for snack, what a great idea.

But it can be improved.

This is my business plan: I will sell the eggs with a Crestor pil included, of course in a separate plastic bag.

Not that I care about people's health.

But my customers will live longer, see?, win win.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The problem I have with 7-11 snacks is that most of them have cheese in them.

yes ...that's a real problem !

Those boiled eggs are stuffed with 1st class french cheeses .........

The microwavable Thai rice dishes at Seven (usually in a separate cooler, and/or on shelves near said cooler) are surprisingly straightforward and wholesome if you generally like Thai cuisine. The boiled eggs are genius, being one of the more complete (nutritionally speaking) and safe foods you could grab on the go, though those that are soft-boiled (blue packaging) are pretty damned soft (as in almost raw) and best added to a rice dish or something you intend to at least microwave briefly at home. I would stay away from most of the other stuff due to potentially high sodium, fat and other potentially 'exciting' content, though I am guessing at ingredients and actual quantities, as I don't read Thai. I just don't trust easy food that tastes too good. If we keep the "snack-like" food to a minimum and go with the meals, eggs, and bananas, I suspect we'll be fine. 

Edited by Songlaw
Swapped out an errant full stop, for a comma.

The hard boiled are great, but get them from the back of the fridge for a better sell by date

The blue soft boiled are a nightmare, very messy when you crke them open and really under cooked, nothing like a soft boiled egg.

Boil an egg in a kettle? fine until one cracks before its cooked, would pretty well mess up the kettle