Boiled Eggs from 7-11

Daffy D

If people are so lazy they can't even boil eggs , well , I can understand why you choose to live in Thailand.  Cheap girls, cheap eggs, cheap booze. 

Edited by balo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

It's incredible how they try to sell anything possible !

"Necessity is the mother of invention," comes to mind. It works in two directions. Contrary to conventional western wisdom on the matter, the Thai are constantly innovating. They just do it within a differently defined universe. A universe that I appreciate (meaning, come to understand) more with each passing year. A fascinating place. Not necessarily "warm and fuzzy," but bloody fascinating.

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Those are hard boiled eggs , with the red package .

If you get the blue packaged ones, they are soft boiled , very soft boiled

Agreed (abt the soft-boiled ones).  I stick them in the microwave for a bit, then put them on buttered toast.

3 hours ago, balo said:

If people are so lazy they can't even boil eggs , well , I can understand why you choose to live in Thailand.  Cheap girls, cheap eggs, cheap booze. 

How the <deleted> does being smart get equated with laziness in your book? Or buying eggs get equated with sex and booze... oh, wait a minute. Never mind. For a second, I forgot where I was.

4 hours ago, Songlaw said:

How the <deleted> does being smart get equated with laziness in your book? Or buying eggs get equated with sex and booze... oh, wait a minute. Never mind. For a second, I forgot where I was.

You forgot where you are???

You are in the Universe's only forum where people use swear words in a discussion about boiled eggs.

Shame on you, at least pretend to be civilized.

3 hours ago, JayBird said:

The eggs are good. As is the chicken breast and occasional banana they have.

About the cleanest and healthiest options they have.

Edited by Songlaw
Never mind. Damn phone.

55 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You forgot where you are???

You are in the Universe's only forum where people use swear words in a discussion about boiled eggs.

Shame on you, at least pretend to be civilized.

But I did  pretend. In keeping with Thai Visa's hoidy-toidy decorum, I asterisked the sh*t out of the cuss word, General. Apparently the site has become overrun with exceedingly cultured, high-calibered individuals such as yourself, in my absence. I can only beg a thousand f*cking pardons.

1 hour ago, Songlaw said:

But I did  pretend. In keeping with Thai Visa's hoidy-toidy decorum, I asterisked the sh*t out of the cuss word, General. Apparently the site has become overrun with exceedingly cultured, high-calibered individuals such as yourself, in my absence. I can only beg a thousand f*cking pardons.

thank you for being so clear

I once saw frozen mashed potatoes in a Villa and couldn't believe anyone would be that lazy.....this beats that....buying ready boiled eggs? Really?

Price club (costo) in the USA sells hard boiled eggs. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

A banana is 8 baht . It's the only food I buy in 7 eleven . It's natural . And I buy water and milk . That's it. The rest of the sugar processed food they can keep . 

1 hour ago, balo said:

A banana is 8 baht . It's the only food I buy in 7 eleven . It's natural . And I buy water and milk . That's it. The rest of the sugar processed food they can keep . 

Are those bananas peeled and packed "under protective atmosphere"?

56 minutes ago, notmyself said:

The half boiled eggs are often added to instant cup noodles.

Brilliant. Cook the egg and simultaneously reduce poteńtial for scalding. Also puts high-quality protein and nutrients in an otherwise highly glycemic meal. I wish parents would latch onto this. Perhaps some already have. 

I've always wondered what those pink eggs were. Are they chicken eggs dyed pink? Or some other kind of bird?

It's called preserved egg or century eggs.
To my knowledge they are not intended for raw consumption (but it's safe).
Normally they are used for cooking.
For example in Pad Kraphao.

On 13/07/2017 at 9:48 PM, Songlaw said:

Brilliant. Cook the egg and simultaneously reduce poteńtial for scalding. Also puts high-quality protein and nutrients in an otherwise highly glycemic meal. I wish parents would latch onto this. Perhaps some already have. 

But don't forget to take your Crestor.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:16 AM, oldhippy said:

But don't forget to take your Crestor.

Eggs, specifically boiled, do not affect LDL cholesterol at all. They are safe. Eat as many as you like. However, the saying, "All things in moderation," or, "within reason" is still generally prudent, for assorted reasons that are not always obvious.

38 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

Eggs, specifically boiled, do not affect LDL cholesterol at all. They are safe. Eat as many as you like. However, the saying, "All things in moderation," or, "within reason" is still generally prudent, for assorted reasons that are not always obvious.

Thanks for the correction!

On 7/11/2017 at 9:51 PM, bartender100 said:

The blue soft boiled are a nightmare, very messy when you crke them open and really under cooked, nothing like a soft boiled egg.

The only thing to do with a cold soft boiled egg is to crack it into a bowl of piping hot Khao Tom and let it finish cooking! Why would anyone buy a cold soft boiled egg?

23 minutes ago, wayned said:

The only thing to do with a cold soft boiled egg is to crack it into a bowl of piping hot Khao Tom and let it finish cooking! Why would anyone buy a cold soft boiled egg?

To put it in a hot Khao Tom yam soup ?