Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact

Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

q1-1024x576-696x460.jpg  

Police on Koh Tao released this still image showing what they said was Elise Dallemagne on April 21 after she bought a ticket to leave the island days before her body was discovered.

KOH TAO — Police on Koh Tao said Tuesday that CCTV footage shows a 30-year-old Belgian tourist buying a ferry ticket for the mainland in what they describe as the last known footage of her alive.

In a low-resolution image from a security camera, a person police said is Elise Dallemagne is seen at about 9am on April 21 walking past the Montalay Beach Resort less than a week before she was found hanged from a tree in a wooded area 200 meters away. The ticket was never used.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/07/11/koh-tao-death-police-say-final-frame-shows-tourist-buying-ticket-off-island/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-11

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“We do not have any security camera footage of the moment she walked into the jungle to hang herself,” Col. Preecha said by phone Tuesday.

No need. You just said again that she hanged herself. Job's a goodun.

Will be interesting to see if the police release anymore info or footage, etc, after the fact. I wonder if they'll understand the irony of finding new stuff confirming their investigation that should have been discovered before they came out and spoke. 

I see there's news that the Belgian embassy told Elise's mother that rather than jumping in front of a train on April 4th, she had in fact been standing too close to the tracks, and  that Elise could have been showing the symptoms of decompensation - the inability to respond to normal changes and stress- as seen in bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, severe depression, deep anxiety.

But two of Elise's friends told Elise's mother she seemed fine after being  released from the hospital, as her Mum felt nine days before her death in a Skype call with her.

Was Elise proscribed medicine by the institute (the article doesn't mention it) and did she stop taking it or lose it? 

Did she not want to be found?  The changing of her surname and refusal to give her passport number, the decision to let her luggage carry on to Chumpon hint at a decision to go off alone and untraceable.

My thoughts would be - if she bought a ticket off the island who, or what event, caused her not to use it?  And then, to all accounts, checked in, under an assumed name, to a hotel that suffered a severe fire that night, before making her way to the other side of the island to hang herself.

Suicide attempts often show quite a good deal of preparation and demonstrate a logical sequence of events.

I'm failing to see the logic and do know that fire is very good at destroying evidence.

12 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Suicide attempts often show quite a good deal of preparation and demonstrate a logical sequence of events.

I'm failing to see the logic and do know that fire is very good at destroying evidence.

If she suffered from schizophrenia, there is not much logic to grasp in her behaviour. 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I see there's news that the Belgian embassy told Elise's mother that rather than jumping in front of a train on April 4th, she had in fact been standing too close to the tracks, and  that Elise could have been showing the symptoms of decompensation - the inability to respond to normal changes and stress- as seen in bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, severe depression, deep anxiety.

But two of Elise's friends told Elise's mother she seemed fine after being  released from the hospital, as her Mum felt nine days before her death in a Skype call with her.

Was Elise proscribed medicine by the institute (the article doesn't mention it) and did she stop taking it or lose it? 

Did she not want to be found?  The changing of her surname and refusal to give her passport number, the decision to let her luggage carry on to Chumpon hint at a decision to go off alone and untraceable.

And you accuse others of wild speculation :coffee1:.

By the way, what happened to that news you told us we'd be reading in the press about Elise's mum accepting the police story of suicide?

20 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

My thoughts would be - if she bought a ticket off the island who, or what event, caused her not to use it?  And then, to all accounts, checked in, under an assumed name, to a hotel that suffered a severe fire that night, before making her way to the other side of the island to hang herself.

Anyone else noticed that the name change in the hotel registry doesn't have the 'i' s dotted, unlike her first name? I wonder what a handwiting analyst would make of that?

36 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

By the way, what happened to that news you told us we'd be reading in the press about Elise's mum accepting the police story of suicide?

The news was in the Thai press but I've yet to see any signs of you being able to read Thai. If you can, let me know and I'll look for the articles. But as you live in the UK and express a constant keen interest in Thailand perhaps you have a Thai wife who obviously could translate any articles for you.

My speculation doesn't involve accusations of murder as so many on here do. 

20 minutes ago, bannork said:

The news was in the Thai press but I've yet to see any signs of you being able to read Thai. If you can, let me know and I'll look for the articles. But as you live in the UK and express a constant keen interest in Thailand perhaps you have a Thai wife who obviously could translate any articles for you.

My speculation doesn't involve accusations of murder as so many on here do. 

But Elise's mum was quoted four days ago as still not believing the RTP:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mystery-over-haunting-final-cctv-10752359.amp

I don't have to ask my wife to do your donkey work for you. You're the one making the claim. You provide the quote from Elise's mum that she's accepted the police version of events.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Tell me where I said that and I'll try to find the relevant article

It seems  we have many retired, forensic investigator's comments in this forum, relative to this case.

It's unfortunate they forgot the basic investigative steps in determining a professional, competent causation.

LOL

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Anyone else noticed that the name change in the hotel registry doesn't have the 'i' s dotted, unlike her first name? I wonder what a handwiting analyst would make of that?

Why is there no mention of what name Ms. Dallemagne used to check into the second place she stayed in (Poseidon Resort)?  This alleged name change applies to the first place, the Triple B Bungalows.

16 minutes ago, berybert said:

Can you even tell that is a woman ?

No idea whether Asian or Western. It is no proof of anything other than someone wearing a backpack walking along a path.

the thin sarong suggests a woman

27 minutes ago, bannork said:

Tell me where I said that and I'll try to find the relevant article

You told me last week that that it'd be in the next day's press, following the claim made on the Thai news news channel. Please provide it.

19 minutes ago, berybert said:

Can you even tell that is a woman ?

No idea whether Asian or Western. It is no proof of anything other than someone wearing a backpack walking along a path.

The mother is quoted in several international press reports as saying the CCTV image is not her daughter.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

You told me last week that that it'd be in the next day's press, following the claim made on the Thai news news channel. Please provide it.

Right, please provide my quote so I can check the date. 

1 minute ago, IslandLover said:

The mother is quoted in several international press reports as saying the CCTV image is not her daughter.

The Koh Tao police have a history of this. Remember when they tried to pass off cctv of the farang in the baseball cap, with the Asian woman as David and Hannah?

4 hours ago, bannork said:

Interesting my dear Watson, interesting, please keep at it, appears you maybe on to something

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

Right, please provide my quote so I can check the date. 

Well, I just had a look in the 'Samui Times faces libel charges....' thread where you made the claim, and it looks like it got caught in the cull by Metidead on July 5. The deleted post was in reply to this one by me:

On 7/5/2017 at 11:24 AM, bannork said:

The news reader says the family of Elise no longer have any suspicions about her death. 

Based on what statement by Elise's family? In the last statements I saw from her mum, she was calling it murder.