Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Tell me where I said that and I'll try to find the relevant article

It was in the Bangkok Post a number of days ago. It was the police that claimed that Elise's mother accepted the 'suicide' verdict. It was a lie, not unusual for the Thai police and normal behaviour for everything surrounding Koh Tao.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Well, I just had a look in the 'Samui Times faces libel charges....' thread where you made the claim, and it looks like it got caught in the cull by Metidead on July 5. The deleted post was in reply to this one by me:

Based on what statement by Elise's family? In the last statements I saw from her mum, she was calling it murder.

It must have come from a clip of Thai news put up by the tuk tuk boy or Harold Wilson and his son - removed by Thai visa due to their policy of no Thai  allowed on any forum except the Thai language forum. Believe me Han, I wouldn't have made it up- as I say, 'the news reader says.....' 

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

It must have come from a clip of Thai news put up by the tuk tuk boy or Harold Wilson and his son - removed by Thai visa due to their policy of no Thai  allowed on any forum except the Thai language forum. Believe me Han, I wouldn't have made it up- as I say, 'the news reader says.....' 

But Thai news appear to have made it up (or are they going off what Surat Thani police told them?), because Elise's mum has since repeated her allegations of a cover up.

9 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

But Thai news appear to have made it up (or are they going off what Surat Thani police told them?), because Elise's mum has since repeated her allegations of a cover up.

You make a good point about what name she used to sign in at the  Poseidon Resort,.

Back to Elise's mum, Michelle. She herself said she was puzzled by her daughter's behaviour- 'Elise seems to went alone to Bangkok one day, without taking her identity papers, that’s not Elise because she was always so well organised.....

We still have so many questions about this Elise never had such a kind of behaviour, she was always very strong.

‘When I saw her by Skype on April 19 she was looking good and smiling a lot.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/09/police-release-final-photo-of-backpacker-found-dead-in-thai-paradise-6766444/

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

It seems  we have many retired, forensic investigator's comments in this forum, relative to this case.

It's unfortunate they forgot the basic investigative steps in determining a professional, competent causation.

LOL

They seem to understand basic investigation rather better than those on the island who are paid to do so.

Almost everybody has a smartphone today. Where are all these photos from the place where she was hanged, or buried underneath old t-shirts? I do not believe, that there are no more pictures from bystanders or the police. I believe, that anybody who has photos of the scene may not publish them. The omerta is in place, and you do not want to risk your life by revealing the truth.

Mmmm as I said at the time when David and Hannah were murdered when I was on exchange with the Thai military Police they investigated and the run of money to Bangkok was too high for them to deal with. Koh Tao is protected or shall I say one family is protected at the highest level. The bullshit that some English guy who proclaimed it's not mafia/ family run is as it stands bull shit. So until the son of this protected family is taken out..and yes I mean taken out he and his buddies will enjoy the haven of assault rape and murder knowing they can get away with it. I believe they all hang out in one sports bar by the way........

I have visited Koh Tao a number of times in the past 12 years although I have not been for about 3 or 4 years, I do like the island, it is just that I tend not to travel around Thailand any more.

On one visit a larger than life Thai bar owner? who never wore a shirt, was Pum Pui and had Tattoos, a real character for sure, he gave me his mobile phone number and said "if you have any problems on Koh Tao call me, I am ex head of Police"

Another time at 2359 hours New Years Eve, I was waiting to buy a drink at a beachside bar, I forget the name but somewhere near to AC. The bar boss went around the counter, opened the cash draw and got out a revolver, he then walked through the bar to the beach and joined the bangs of the fireworks with the banging of his bullets heading into the New Year sky.

It is certainly a small Island where you do not want to upset anybody.

We will just never know what happened to poor Elise and I think in several months from now we'll probably talk about a Louise or a Joanna or a Jimmy who was found hanging upside down with his/her hands tight behind his/her back still wearing diving flippers. One has to conclude that can only have been a suicide.

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Anyone else noticed that the name change in the hotel registry doesn't have the 'i' s dotted, unlike her first name? I wonder what a handwiting analyst would make of that?

I think if you look again, the i in Dupuis is the same as the i in her first name. i.e. a very short vertical with the dot a little way above.

14 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I think if you look again, the i in Dupuis is the same as the i in her first name. i.e. a very short vertical with the dot a little way above.

Sorry, my mistake, I meant in the word 'Belgium'.

24 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Sorry, my mistake, I meant in the word 'Belgium'.

The way her real name is crossed out makes me wonder a bit. It is done pretty nasty in my view, she really want this to be unreadable! 

Mystery-note-from-backpacker-found.jpg

Why on earth? She didn't want anybody to find her or what? She didn't want her luggage that arrived in Chumpon to be matched up with her last name by looking at Koh Phangan/Koh Tao ferry departures or resort check-ins of that day? Is that also the reason no passport number was given? She didn't want anybody to know where she was? Is that the reason she ended up in Tanote bay Poseidon Bungalows? What name did she use there? Dupuis (which is a common Belgium name) or Dallamagne? 

Did we get any news from the RTP on the previous suicide attempt in BKK? Did this really happen and if yes, is there hard evidence of this event? Maybe a record of the clinic? 

Why did she buy another ferry ticket? Is it because she originally bought Koh Phangan - Chumpon but left the boat in Koh Tao?  The answer to all these questions is very simple, we will never know, but calling this suspicious??? Not really or? 

Edited by Krenjai

It's somewhat understandable that certain countries lack the expertise and/or prejudiced thinking (apply country name here) to exhibit any expertise  (or will) to defend innocent people who sadly lost their lives. In other words, if any army individuals were cruelly murdered, then would they think differently? Would they "miraculously"  engage in catching the perpetrator(s)?.

Double standards or a compassion-less attitude  seems to explain all of these sad stories. I forget a member's post re: Thai behavior. He hinted at Buddhist precepts. Western precepts are no different. There is a right and wrong  based upon accepted and human spiritual ideologies....MANY countries generally adhere to this.

I don't know how to explain why certain societies  have a nonchalant attitude re: innocent children being killed, innocent people in general being killed. So....simplistically, you either were taught a sense  of right or wrong, or you simply could not care less. The latter is the evil. Whether they were brought up without a sense of right and wrong, there is always a sense that decent people always can been seen as inherent. And whether those - for whatever reason lost their humanity, then I consider them to be evil or have no desire to exhibit any "human" characteristics. Blame it on someone else. No- take responsibility for your  deficiencies and stop blaming everyone else. That applies to every country or every situation.

12 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Soooo, she buys a ferry ticket, then commits suicide?

I don't have a lot of respect for the BIB, bu they usually come up with something better than this.

It is time to replace them all.

Must have been a practice attempt gone wrong.

12 hours ago, animalmagic said:

My thoughts would be - if she bought a ticket off the island who, or what event, caused her not to use it?  And then, to all accounts, checked in, under an assumed name, to a hotel that suffered a severe fire that night, before making her way to the other side of the island to hang herself.

Suicide attempts often show quite a good deal of preparation and demonstrate a logical sequence of events.

I'm failing to see the logic and do know that fire is very good at destroying evidence.

A good deal of preparation? Sorry guy...you do know nothing about suicide, specially by a sick and trouble individual.

6 hours ago, Hippos said:

Long shadow for 9am.

Shadows are always longest near sunrise and sunset as the sun has not yet reached its highest point in the sky, which occurs at noon when the sun, dependent on latitude. is as near as possible to being overhead.

9 minutes ago, umbanda said:

A good deal of preparation? Sorry guy...you do know nothing about suicide, specially by a sick and trouble individual.

Certainly not an expert, but have been called to the scene of, and made investigations into the causes of, more suicides than I care to remember.  My point was that there is usually a logical trail to follow in the victim's actions beforehand; I apologise if I did not state this clearly.

Speculation center is up and running I see, people who never met this woman know everything about her condition and seem to have privy to information that even the police do not have. Give it a rest boys, you will take a mountain and make it into a mole hill before we can count to 10

9 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

They seem to understand basic investigation rather better than those on the island who are paid to do so.

What they don't understand is media coverage should be the last thing they should examine as most of it is negative for profit.  When media interviews a witness, generally the information is inaccurate.  It's not uncommon to interview 5 eye witnesses and all have different stories and many can't even give an accurate description of a suspect.  Most Police never discuss criminal investigations.

All the inaccurate information and opinions in a forum about a suspect, Police and a country, does more harm than good. Innocent suspects and witnesses have been killed from anger from inaccurate online opinions, including innocent Police Officers especially involving drugs. 

The more said in forums that spread across the world about crime in a country kills tourism and revenue.

The autopsy report says she died from asphyxiation, which is of course indicative of the hanging. 

It also says she had bruises on her head, that did not contribute to her death. The type of rope and where it came from would answer a lot of questions. Surely it had to be of some length. 

52 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Certainly not an expert, but have been called to the scene of, and made investigations into the causes of, more suicides than I care to remember.  My point was that there is usually a logical trail to follow in the victim's actions beforehand; I apologise if I did not state this clearly.

I'm failing to see the logic also, even though suicidal people are often illogical, this sequence of events is just bizarre. 

Checks into a room under an assumed name, refuses to give her passport. Room catches fire, so runs away to another part of the island and hangs herself. To me it seems she was on the run from something or someone. I'm just not getting the check in thing and the fire thing. 

7 hours ago, Krenjai said:

The way her real name is crossed out makes me wonder a bit. It is done pretty nasty in my view, she really want this to be unreadable! 

Mystery-note-from-backpacker-found.jpg

Why on earth? She didn't want anybody to find her or what? She didn't want her luggage that arrived in Chumpon to be matched up with her last name by looking at Koh Phangan/Koh Tao ferry departures or resort check-ins of that day? Is that also the reason no passport number was given? She didn't want anybody to know where she was? Is that the reason she ended up in Tanote bay Poseidon Bungalows? What name did she use there? Dupuis (which is a common Belgium name) or Dallamagne? 

Did we get any news from the RTP on the previous suicide attempt in BKK? Did this really happen and if yes, is there hard evidence of this event? Maybe a record of the clinic? 

Why did she buy another ferry ticket? Is it because she originally bought Koh Phangan - Chumpon but left the boat in Koh Tao?  The answer to all these questions is very simple, we will never know, but calling this suspicious??? Not really or? 

The crossing out of her name serves no purpose, there is simply to much other info available in the register to identify her.

We have the first name, nationality, and a visible attempt to disguise the surname. Anybody who was attempting to locate Elise would quickly establish that this is her

If  Elise intention was to hide her identity, would it not be logical to completely erase the whole registration and re-register with a fresh alias, including a change of nationality.