Taiwanese man commits suicide by lighting charcoal in air-con room in Pattaya

snoop1130

Taiwanese man commits suicide by lighting charcoal in air-con room in Pattaya

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzU0Ni8yNzMxNzMwL3NkZmdmLmpwZw==.jpg

Police in Pattaya said that a 47 year old Taiwanese man likely killed himself by burning charcoal at his rented room in Bang Lamung.

Neighbors called the cops after noticing a foul odor coming from a room at the one story premises at Chok Chai Garden Home.

The police found the outside gate locked and cut their way in. A spare key hanging up meant access to the locked house inside the compound was easily accomplished.

In the room the 47 year old man was dead on the bed. He had likely been dead for seven days due to the advanced level of the decomposition of the body.

Near the bed was a charcoal stove and a pan that contained burnt charcoal.

A bag of charcoal was found too. Also on a table was the man's passport.

There was no sign of a struggle or theft. The air conditioner was still turned on.

Neighbors said that he had lived there for about two months. A friend who lived with him had recently gone back to Taiwan.

Police are waiting for the results of an autopsy to be sure about the cause of death but they already said that they suspect he likely committed suicide due to some personal problem or just that he did not want to go home, reported Sanook.

Source: http://news.sanook.com/2731730/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-7-11

they already said that they suspect he likely committed suicide due to some personal problem or just that he did not want to go home.   What a silly assumption. What does the police force learn at the police academy? He didn't wanna go home??? Thailand is paradise nobody want to go home.

An aircon does not exchange air from outside to inside or vice versa, it just cools the air already in the space....leaving your door or Windows open with the aircon running wouldn't cool the room and waste loads of electricity.

R.I.P Taiwanese man.

2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

they already said that they suspect he likely committed suicide due to some personal problem or just that he did not want to go home.   What a silly assumption. What does the police force learn at the police academy? He didn't wanna go home??? Thailand is paradise nobody want to go home.

The answer of what the police learn in police academy is first how to properly demand ,receive,and deliver the brown envelops to their superior.Then how to block the main roads going into town (,holding up the people trying to get to work on time) so as to collect the bribes from the drivers for nothing more then just passing there. That and how to "assume" they know every thing about the science of forensics.

how bout checking what the cause of death was? 

were there any other drugs or intoxicants in his system? 

what a weird way to end it. I would never come up with this one, but I don't claim to be very smart. 

more likely an accident , most people dont realise how dangerous burning charcoal in an enclosed space is.

I got very angry with my Thai wife when my eyes became sore while i was watching tv , i found her cooking with charcoal in the kitchen thinking she could save money by not using the gas stove !

R.I.P

2 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

what a weird way to end it. I would never come up with this one, but I don't claim to be very smart. 

er that's for serious countries only

On 7/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, snoop1130 said:

suspect he likely committed suicide

I would say deceased did not intend to kill him self giving the circumstances presented in his story, he suffocated black smoke burning out of charcoal as he was sleeping under aircon comfort which resulted in making the room like a gas chamber.

Edited by nasanews

so with the air con running there was not enough circulation to get oxygen in the room or does burning smoldering charcoal produce a large amount of Carbon Monoxide or Carbon Dioxide?   That was one tightly sealed room I guess

It is amazing how fundamental the misunderstandings of simple principles of "everything" exist with the posters on this site. Why in the hell would a person, in the midst of the blistering heat, run a AC whilst simultaneously burning a charcoal brazier in a small room."?

The RIP man is smarter than those give credit. A suicide, 100%.

11 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

Apparently not an uncommon method of suicide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide.