Video: Hunt on for "Red Plate Benz" after cop dragged down the road

webfact

Video: Hunt on for "Red Plate Benz" after cop dragged down the road

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Police are hunting the female driver of a red plate Mercedes Benz and her male passenger after a traffic stop went wrong in Bangkok.

A dash cam video from a police pick-up at a Rama 2 checkpoint showed the car stop when instructed to do so by the officer.

But as Niti Anchalee reached in to get some documents that the male passenger appeared to be retrieving from the glove compartment, the passenger told the driver to race off.

Niti was thus dragged some distance down the road before falling in a heap on the tarmac as the vehicle fled the scene.

Niti- attached to traffic duties at the Tha Kham station - was left with multiple bruises and was treated at Bang Mot hospital.

The incident happened Tuesday evening on the road leading out of Bangkok near Lotus.

The driver is being hunted and faces three charges including assault and failing to follow the instructions of a policeman.

A senior officer who went to see Niti at the hospital paid his medical bills himself.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-12

Red plated Benz, female driver, and why drive off so quickly? Something in the glove box not want to be seen?

Anyway, "daddy" will sort this all out. 

Nice of the senior policeman to visit the injured officer and pay the medical bills himself :whistling:

End of story.

1 minute ago, little mary sunshine said:

No one is this HI SO. Catch this bit** and

put Her and Him in jail for 10 years....Don't 

care who Daddy is related to!!!!

welcome to thailand, it makes a big difference who daddy is. you know the red bull guy who killed the cop? at most a few thousand dollars will sort this out. 10 years, your having a laugh.

17 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Hilarious! Must say i have done many a runner. When in Rome.....

Comments like yours are not in the least bit funny, pathetic in fact. 

Yes i am normally the first person to miscall the police here, but for once a policeman stops a so called hi-so.

Then gets dragged along the road, and injured, could have been killed.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Comments like yours are not in the least bit funny, pathetic in fact. 

Yes i am normally the first person to miscall the police here, but for once a policeman stops a so called hi-so.

Then gets dragged along the road, and injured, could have been killed.

Thai police get no respect from me. They only help themselves. He isnt dead just a couple scratches. Get over it. Im sure the bib wouldnt give 2shts if you were dragged along the road. Stating facts. Maybe your lucky enough to know good bib but my family is harassed by them. I could ellaborate but its off topic.

In any other decent society the media would have published the plate details. 

Based on the latter the DMV can identify the car sales outlet (to which these plates are assigned) which, in turn, can give the details of the car owner. Should the owner not be the driver then just impound the car. 

It is amazing, that in Thailand the owner cannot be held responsible for what happens with his/her car so there is always Somchai to gladly accept the blame against a financial reward. 

Maybe in this case it was the maid of a rich kid - we will see - or does this story disappear below the big Thai carpet like the Red Bull's grandson story? Pathetic! 

I thought the headline was Red Bull. HEIR. OOOPS BUT WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF BACK IN THAILAND now driving a Benz looking for more cops and family lives to destroy! 

Where is Red Bull?  (Wally) Total silence from prosecutor and so caled cancelled passport!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, bsdthai said:

Thai police get no respect from me. They only help themselves. He isnt dead just a couple scratches. Get over it. Im sure the bib wouldnt give 2shts if you were dragged along the road. Stating facts. Maybe your lucky enough to know good bib but my family is harassed by them. I could ellaborate but its off topic.

Stop talking nonsense, if anybody here has had problems with the police here it is me.

Several times i have been done over by corrupt policemen here, cost me several million baht.

If you wish me to i will elaborate in a pm, ok

If you took time to read my post properly you would understand that.

One thing i have noticed is that you have not been on here very long, but you seem to like to contradict some of my posts, as you like to say,  !!Get over it !!

Edited by colinneil

5 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Dont Police have insurance cover ?

Would have thought they would.

Or ... is the senior officer being "bigged up" ?

Actually this business about the senior officer paying the hospital bill is a bit misleading. Last I heard was that all health care for police and their direct family is part of the remunerative package (as is education for their kids etc.)