Video: More appalling driving caught on tape

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And the video is available now anyway, as you can see.

But do you think the police or the third party know of the video having been posted on the net? I doubt it very much. It's only by luck that we've seen it. So what chance the police. As if they give two hoots anyway.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sympathy

It would be great if fines where issued out to those departments that issue licenses to those that clearly have no idea of the basics...

At the very least, give people an IQ test and if they score below 60, then refuse a license... That should instantly clear up the traffic congestion as well :)

IQ Scale here - https://www.iqtestforfree.net/iq-scale.html

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I've seen many incidents like this as many of them seem completely unaware of anyone else on the road and it's only about 'What i want to do' or 'Where i want to go'.   When nobody is ever taught to do things properly from the start plus Thais selfishness and inability to learn easily, we can rely on seeing a lot more of the same !

that self-centeredness stems from a child of mai pen rai; meaning 'i will determine what is important, not you'

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I note that the dashcam driver did not stop.

Why should she- she was not involved in the crash and unless trained in emergency first aid would just add to the confusion. Plenty of people at the gas station to summon help.

Personally if the idiot in the saloon car died it is just natural selection to me- this was stupid at all levels. 

On Sunday I was on the main highway south just outside Chumphon. I had a big truck to my left- all of a sudden a motorbike shot across the bows of the truck and straight across in front of me, headed for a u-turn. Frtunately I was not playing with phone, radio or picking my nose otherwise the guy would have been toast. As it was I had to hit the brakes hard. Fortunately there was no one behind me. Fit dashcams people!

Edited by Psimbo

I like the way when making dangerous U turns they then proceed to  pull out at the speed of a dead tortoise as if  by somehow doing this it "helps"

The reality is often that if they had pulled out quickly they would be long gone before any shunt would have occurred, instead you have to apply  the brakes as they continue their dawdle across all 3  lanes, Thai thinking.............stupid

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

what is wrong with these people?

i used the word retarded yesterday and the post got removed, yet  clearly   this footage shows it may well have been necessary

6 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Did anyone else notice that the pick up driver had his hazard lights flashing at the moment of impact. I doubt he had time to do this or even thought to do so. I can only surmise that he was driving at speed with them on to warn people (like an ambulance) that he was coming through at high speed and to get out of his way! Didn't quite go the way that he/she planned. In any event, no lessons will be learned by either persons involved I guess.

many activate  now on impact

2 hours ago, wprime said:

People put their hazards on here when they have to brake hard, just for safety.

and stupidly  put them on when  pulling up at traffic  lights  also or  letting you know they are going "straight on" mind  numbing.

U turns are dangerous but they could make them dramatically safer by simply  staggering  them at 800 metre intervals instead of BOTH lanes being able  to U turn in the same place which  totally obscures  the view of the road for both sides.

3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Brains or hazard lights?

Pretty sure the brains get turned off if  the impacts  hard enough, assuming of course it was actually  on/there before impact??

2 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I disagree with you the driver of the pick up truck would not have been able to see the slow moving white vehicle that was behind the vehicle taking the dash cam video. This driver also had no room to move in on his left he had the vehicle taking the video and on the right the vehicle making an u turn.

then you also do not look ahead when you drive, I drive all the time to Bangkok and return to Korat I have seen this many times , avoided one myself because I look ahead around and to the rear constantly aware where I am who is in front and who is behind and coming up,,  tunnel vision is a crime when you drive,

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

driving a car just like a motorbike. :cheesy:

trying to make a u-turn from the left lane.

no idea how to drive at all.

anyway there is the sound of two impacts, I hope no one was too seriously injured.

Sounds like a long screeching of tires and a first impact sound possibly a separate rear-ender behind the camera car before the white pickup takes out the sedan (second impact)?

13 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Well I can expect that the answer shall be I didn't see the car

The little whit car totally in the wrong by attempting to cross at slow speed into fast moving traffic.

I see the video cam driver had time to stop but the ute was still going as fast as he had been so why didn't he see (surely could of at the height the ute sits )

The driver with the webcam could open the warning lights as he caused the blind spot :1zgarz5:and this accident may have been avoided - but maybe to much to  expect....

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

The driver with the webcam could open the warning lights as he caused the blind spot :1zgarz5:and this accident may have been avoided - but maybe to much to  expect....

No I would have moved to the inside lane and gone past. This would avoid being rear ended and given a clear view of the idiot to the drivers behind. The pick up was driving far too fast through a U turn area.

8 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Monks arent allowed to drive in the first place. Freebies meaning the morning merit by people giving away food that ends up back 3doors up from my place on the road feeding the soi dogs. We could free up peak hour time if people just gibe food directly to the dogs. Its all madness out there!

Some might consider it madness that able bodied men  collect donations from the community instead of something useful like maybe getting jobs..... :smile:

4 hours ago, manarak said:

IQ < 60.

difficulties to find enough brainpower to maintain vital functions such as breathing.

have... to... drive.. and to... show... off...

They act on instinct and copying, IQ doesn't come into it at all. They are taught from a young age not to think and to just copy what the teacher shows them. So they could have an IQ of 150 and still do a dumb thing like this, it's just Thainess, the Corolla driver will say after this, "but I've done this a hundred times and never had an accident, it must be someone else's fault!".

2 hours ago, TheLobster said:

No I would have moved to the inside lane and gone past. This would avoid being rear ended and given a clear view of the idiot to the drivers behind. The pick up was driving far too fast through a U turn area.

Fine that you know what to do, but I am talking about the  webcam driver as he didn't change the line then to open the warning lights at least would give a message to the cars behind...;)

This is how stupid some are here. Locally a woman bought a new car. Eight years credit. She is teaching herself to drive by driving around the village at approx 30km. I noticed she always has her fog lights on. So I tried to tell her that she's better off having her headlights on. She basically replied 'Cannot do. Not night.'  Time to step away..

Edited by sinbin

6 hours ago, TheLobster said:

The pick up was driving far too fast through a U turn area.

There is no requirement to slow down. He's in the overtaking lane so he has a right to be there driving at the maximum permitted speed as indicated for that road.

18 hours ago, catman20 said:

both :shock1: ??????? the man that hit him had his view obstructed by the car with the dash cam, and who would expect a moron to come across the 3 rd land of a very fast stretch of road. i do hope your not a driver.

Obviously you do not look at the width of the road if you think this driver could not see,  I have driven in more countries than I have fingers and toes, I drive all the time from Home to Bangkok, and return , you have no idea about vision , reaction time and being aware,  LOOKING means looking at the whole road,

the pick up driver has a huge window to view through, watching traffic slowed , brake lights and being aware of signs you have passed or are coming up,  are all their to help you avoid numb nuts such as this driver, 

it is up to your self wether you take those indicators on board, 

I for one do , and do so on a regular basis and have done so in many countries around the world and will continue to do so , 

42 minutes ago, sinbin said:

There is no requirement to slow down. He's in the overtaking lane so he has a right to be there driving at the maximum permitted speed as indicated for that road.

That's not true, section 70 of the Land Traffic Act requires you slow down. That being said, he definitely slowed down.

19 hours ago, shady86 said:

Quite common for people here to do this. Poor judgment from the driver for not checking before changing lanes.

agreed; the doubling-up, two abreast, for turns is common; the mistake here was not looking changing lanes; slowing way down into a fast lane; drivers like this , with habits like this are headed for accidents down the road (no pun intended)

1 hour ago, wprime said:

That's not true, section 70 of the Land Traffic Act requires you slow down. That being said, he definitely slowed down.

What you say is not true. It mentions nothing regards to central reservation 'U Turns'.

Section 70 LTA

The driver shall reduce speed when approaching a junction, pedestrian crossing, vehicle stop line, or circle (rotary).

The driver is in the outside overtaking lane, and he is expected to slow down in the course of that overtaking???  Are you serious???

A 'circle (rotary) is a roundabout.

Edited by sinbin