Tears flow, charges fly over schoolgirl denied her home

webfact

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

another victory for facebook. and to think the good general wants to ban it.

And it just hurts me terribly that this good general is going the be welcomed into 'our' US White House....

Although that may be changing as I see the visit has been put off....... Maybe the US is starting to see a bit more of what is going on here (restricted freedom of press and speech and social media). Maybe the US is having second thoughts...... Hopefully

Did you see the news (on ThaiVisa just yesterday) about the woman prosecuted in Thailand for criticizing (on social media) an Army Officer who oversaw the torture death of her uncle (an Army recruit) a few years ago?????        TIT......

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

On 7/12/2017 at 3:25 PM, NCC1701A said:

Thinking about living in Thailand? Here is all you need to know about the government.

So you never set foot any more in lovely Thailand?

Most of us love Thailand..........We just "Dis-like" what we see some Super-powers doing to this lovely country............. I've been involved with Thailand over 30 years and recently feel so much pity for the lovely and 'poor' people, to see what is happening..........

4 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Most of us love Thailand..........We just "Dis-like" what we see some Super-powers doing to this lovely country............. I've been involved with Thailand over 30 years and recently feel so much pity for the lovely and 'poor' people, to see what is happening..........

..what about the super-powers? in your idea which super-powers are meddling and in what manner, should you wish to comment?

..what about the super-powers? in your idea which super-powers are meddling and in what manner, should you wish to comment?

I think perhaps by "super power" @ Sawadeeken is referring to the people at the top of the tree here rather than large nation states. In which case I share his views.

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

11 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

It is becoming frequent to have posts deleted for criticising this present un-elected rulership in this lovely country, so by changing the wording a bit, Most expats know who we are talking about without coming out boldly with it.......... I don't know how long you been around here but I think most expat farangs understood what I was saying............. Cheers

2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

It is becoming frequent to have posts deleted for criticising this present un-elected rulership in this lovely country, so by changing the wording a bit, Most expats know who we are talking about without coming out boldly with it.......... I don't know how long you been around here but I think most expat farangs understood what I was saying............. Cheers

Very true. I was initially thinking in term of super powers about certain meddling countries around the world who mingle a bit too much in internal affairs of a nation.

How long I have been around?  Guess long enough to know on what, when and who is to keep their mouth shut and not long enough to be another sour poster on TV:cheesy:.........Cheers!:clap2:

Edited by observer90210