Mother of boy viciously assaulted by soldier says she fears for her life after threats to silence her

webfact

Mother of boy viciously assaulted by soldier says she fears for her life after threats to silence her

1am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATHUM THANI: -- The mother of the five year old boy who had parts of his genitalia amputated after an air force soldier abused him, has said she is in fear of her life.

And she says that as many as four people were involved in maiming her son.

Six months ago her son was in the care of a couple in Pathum Thani after the mother went to work in another province. But while in the care of the couple the man of the house, an ex-air force officer, punished the boy by putting boiling water in a hot water bottle down his trousers.

He had also tied the boy's hands behind his back, it was alleged.

She reported to police six months ago but nothing has been done.

Yesterday she went with human rights lawyer Songkan Atchariyasap to meet with deputy chief of police Sriwara Rangsipramonkun.

The mother told the top cop that she felt in fear of her life because the case involved the military and relatives of the couple were policemen.

She said that the mother of the man who attacked her son had warned her not to give evidence in court against her son saying that he would get bail and implied that her life was in danger.

After this she had gone to lawyer Songkan for help and asked that he work with law enforcement in getting her police protection because of influential people involved in the case.

Songkan was instrumental in helping the many young victims of jailed imposter "Lady Kai" last year.

The mother, who was not named, said that her son is now much recovered and has since been able to better articulate what happened to him.

He has said that four people were involved in hurting him. The mother wants him to be able to give evidence at a later date, reported Daily News.

Deputy Sriwara said that he had ordered top brass at the Pathum Thani police to get on with investigating the case and has further ordered police relatives of the accused to stay away from the mother.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-13

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Cool Guy 5000 said:

What an awful society it really is. It's quite sad as you come to realize just how disgusting Thailand is, my love for the place dies every day and it saddens me to say this.

I couldn't agree more.

A child is scarred for life, yet the disgusting animal who did it is not charged/pursued by police, why?

Because he has family members in the police.

Not only should he be jailed, but also police who did nothing after the original complaint should be sacked and prosecuted for failing in their duties.

Just now, Cool Guy 5000 said:

What an awful society it really is. It's quite sad as you come to realize just how disgusting Thailand is, my love for the place dies every day and it saddens me to say this.

Indeed. Now there will be someone along soon to point out to you that this kind of child abuse happens in the west too (and they'd be right), but just remind them that in the west the authorities would've investigated this the second they learnt of the abuse - this is what makes normal countries crap (crimes are committed) and Thailand disgusting (nobody gives a shit).

Thailand gets a bad rap on many things sometimes overblown...

But this one truly shows the inequity corruption favoritism and lack of a fair justice system in thailand...

this one is ugly for the Thai common person and reinforces third world in thailand 

to the comment above about  child abuse happens also in the west...the difference is many more checks and balances are in place and much tougher legal system handles the case through due process...

the lack of accountability and due process keeps thailand from not only advancing to first world status but stuck in a very dark place...

Edited by cardinalblue

54 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Indeed. Now there will be someone along soon to point out to you that this kind of child abuse happens in the west too (and they'd be right), but just remind them that in the west the authorities would've investigated this the second they learnt of the abuse - this is what makes normal countries crap (crimes are committed) and Thailand disgusting (nobody gives a shit).

Not only would the authorities investigate in the west, there would be a back up system called 'internal affairs' if there was a hint of cover police up, and even the news reporters would dig and dig and do the right thing. News reporters in Thailand are extremely limited in effort. They are either puppets to the money or the fear. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

A child is scarred for life, yet the disgusting animal who did it is not charged/pursued by police, why?

Not only should he be jailed, but also police who did nothing after the original complaint should be sacked and prosecuted for failing in their duties.

police protecting their own; not only do they not enforce the law, they break it with impunity; as usual they only 'act' (it is only rhetoric) when pressured publicly; wait and see,nothing will be done

2 minutes ago, captspectre said:

That is one big reason that I agree with the PM on having the Army take over from the corrupt bribe taking police! 

in principle i agree; note however they are not trained for it and i suspect a lot of those replaced cops would turn criminal

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

in principle i agree; note however they are not trained for it and i suspect a lot of those replaced cops would turn criminal

not if they had to look down the barrel of an M-16! you don't have to be trained to deal with scum bags and criminals, just dispatch them. 

2 hours ago, Lingba said:

absolutely disgustingly sad....how could any human being do this to another..especially a young child...??

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I couldn't agree more.

Lets not get too carried away with criticisms of Thailand or other Asian countries. Comparing this with what the Australian pedophile and professional torturer Peter Scully has done to children  http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/australian-child-molester-peter-scully-faces-death-penalty-in-philippines/news-story/f15a28a8b971d95f815b5f6105814ff9

It seems to me these beasts can emanate from any nationality. I think the death penalty is too good for this scum. 

Permanent incarceration in concrete and bars on Manus Island by other professional torturers, employed by the Australian Government, would be more fitting perhaps. 

Edited by Maggusoil
Grammar

Just now, Maggusoil said:

Lets not get too carried away with criticisms of Thailand or other Asian countries. Comparing this with what the Australian pedophile and professional torturer Peter Scully has done to children  http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/australian-child-molester-peter-scully-faces-death-penalty-in-philippines/news-story/f15a28a8b971d95f815b5f6105814ff9

It seems to me these beasts can emanate from any nationality. I think the death penalty is too good for this scum. 

Permanent incarceration in concrete and bars on Manus Island by other professional torturers, employed by the Australian Government, would be more fitting perhaps. 

Peter Scully was arrested - the soldier that totured the boy in the OP has been walking around free for 6 months. 

(Read post #7)

Simply a scum to torture an innocent child. Seems a plot from a monster hitler-putin style movie but so true, initially a police  cover up and now police protection of the monster and this scum was an officer, what air force academy? Thai Air Force should be ashamed to have this scum graduate from within their ranks 

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Thailand gets a bad rap on many things sometimes overblown...

But this one truly shows the inequity corruption favoritism and lack of a fair justice system in thailand...

this one is ugly for the Thai common person and reinforces third world in thailand 

to the comment above about  child abuse happens also in the west...the difference is many more checks and balances are in place and much tougher legal system handles the case through due process...

the lack of accountability and due process keeps thailand from not only advancing to first world status but stuck in a very dark place...

And it would appear that these 'inconsistencies' are not being addressed by the PM either (in his review of Police)!  Elitism, cronyism, entitlement, money and corruption will continue unabated!:post-4641-1156693976:  As will lack of respect of the RTP.

The national Police Chief should fire the 'commander' (and some of his deputies) of the police district in which this crime took place, no ifs and buts, you have not done your job - you're OUT. And the airman involved should be incarcerated for life - he is a particularly despicable piece of humanity! AKA s hit.

1 minute ago, dlodratsab said:

I suggest you read the earlier posts, to understand the difference between Thai response to this and most of the rest of the worlds response.

He's got the blinkers on! And publicly admitting to a lack of higher order thinking. Sheesh!

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

and the dear PM gets involved when a teen girl twerks, but not when a soldier tortures and maims a child in his care. 

Now that is what I call hitting the nail on the head, well said !

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not only that, but the hospital he was taken to refused to notify the authorities. I can't imagine a more morally bankrupt country than Thailand.