Unlikely friendship? Photos of ‘puppy bringing home serpent friend’ go viral

webfact

Unlikely friendship? Photos of ‘puppy bringing home serpent friend’ go viral

(PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

co.jpg

Photo: Dog Cry/ Facebook

LAMPANG: -- Shocking photos showing a puppy in Thailand’s upcountry bringing home a rat snake to his owner’s farm are going viral this week, but netizens have serious doubts about this “unlikely friendship.”

The photos were reportedly taken by the dog’s owner, a farmer in northern Lampang province, and were later reposted by Thai Facebook page “Dog Cry”, which shares photos and videos of cute dogs.

“Dog brings a new friend home! By the way, rat snakes are nonvenomous,” the caption on Dog Cry readers.

Source: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/unlikely-friendship-photos-puppy-bringing-home-serpent-friend-go-viral-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-14

10 minutes ago, HappyinNE said:

The cobras are feeding on the rats that go for the palm nuts.

I had a few experiences with Cobra working in Malaysia . The railway we were building had many palm oil plantations beside. I was walking down the track one morning and surprised a cobra that was basking on the white ballast it reared up and made a very stange loud noise , more like cat screech than a hiss. I will admit I almost shat myself

7 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I had a few experiences with Cobra working in Malaysia . The railway we were building had many palm oil plantations beside. I was walking down the track one morning and surprised a cobra that was basking on the white ballast it reared up and made a very stange loud noise , more like cat screech than a hiss. I will admit I almost shat myself

Remember the old rule:

What steps do you take if confronted by a snake/cobra etc.....

B....y big ones, backwards!!

Something not right with that photo,Rat snakes are usually hyper,they see you and are off.

The other day the wifes screaming something at the front door,get there and she's shouting

Snake !, Snake !, I am thinking its one of those 2-3 footers we usually see,which the cat likes

to kill and eat,when I look it has to be 8 foot one of the biggest ones I have seen,the cats sitting

watching it,must be thinking you're too big for me,so went out gave it a poke with a brush and

it was off like a rocket,very fast,the cats following it at a distance.

regards worgeordie

This reminds me of the story about when a blind snake and a blind rabbit met in the woods.  They both said they didn't really know what kind of animal they were so they agreed to feel each other and try to figure it out.  First the snake crawled all over the rabbit and then he said "you are warm and furry and you have big ears and a cotton tail so you must be a rabbit."  Then the bunny felt the snake and said "You ar cold and slimy and slither on the ground and I could not detect any heart beat.  You must be a lawyer."

2 minutes ago, Soi Dog said:

This reminds me of the story about when a blind snake and a blind rabbit met in the woods.  They both said they didn't really know what kind of animal they were so they agreed to feel each other and try to figure it out.  First the snake crawled all over the rabbit and then he said "you are warm and furry and you have big ears and a cotton tail so you must be a rabbit."  Then the bunny felt the snake and said "You ar cold and slimy and slither on the ground and I could not detect any heart beat.  You must be a lawyer."

Oh my G,....Good one !!! this made my day !!!

21 minutes ago, Soi Dog said:

ROFLMFAO ..... thx ... a keeper and sender-off-er

made a slight change "you must be a lawyer or politician"

1 hour ago, Soi Dog said:

Good joke. Another .... What's black and brown and looks good on a lawyer? A Doberman. Buzzards are universally recognised and despised. 

3 hours ago, Soi Dog said:

that is a keeper; and keep em coming