‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Screenshot-2552-696x392.jpg  

Nate Bartling points to a state train he will use to flatten coins. Image: Darkside Social / Facebook

BANGKOK — A recent video of controversial American YouTuber “My Mate Nate,” flattening coins on train tracks drew criticism Friday for the hazards it involved.

Footage of Nate Bartling, 23 – an American YouTuber with over 3 million subscribers who makes videos in Thai – in which he is seen trying to flatten coins by taping them to train tracks was criticized Friday by the state railway authority and Thai netizens for its hazardous nature. A police summon for Bartling for a previous YouTube stunt in which he is seen pitting his cat against a scorpion is also pending.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/07/14/mate-nate-slammed-flattening-coins-train-tracks/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-14

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this

I heard a story about someone who reacted, when a 500 baht note blew away, by chasing it down and stamping on it to stop it blowing any further. They got into a whole load of trouble for putting their foot on the head...

19 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this (equivalent to Thai age 18 to 29 perhaps).

I heard a story about someone who reacted, when a 500 baht note blew away, by chasing it down and stamping on it to stop it blowing any further. They got into a whole load of trouble for putting their foot on the head...

I think it could include any coin that bears an image of any royal, Thai or or other...

Stupid, I think of Loy Krathong  when kids will swim after the offerings to get the coins, the thought of a young child watching this idiot lay coins on the track and then tries to get them before the train rolls over them is too horrible to think about.

Edited by Basil B

36 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this (equivalent to Thai age 18 to 29 perhaps).

I have heard that story so many times but at least you didn't claim it was you.

Two guys in detention who were trying to enter Thailand?

Please do not watch this guy's videos, it only makes him richer.

I don't understand why they don't deport him, he did make Thailand look very bad.

An ex- Mormon now spreading humor? Insane. 

Remember.

This is the guy who made a video mocking Thai people's English language skills (like asking some Thai guys if they were on their "period" now).

This is the guy who was also in hot water not long ago for making a video where he had a cat fighting a scorpion (which he thought was just great). Seems he has been summoned to appear at a police station this week regarding that.

Lol - apparently he already deleted the coin video from his (youtube) account - probably clued in as to what the possible punishment could be for defacing an image of the king.

1 minute ago, Kerryd said:

Remember.

This is the guy who made a video mocking Thai people's English language skills (like asking some Thai guys if they were on their "period" now).

This is the guy who was also in hot water not long ago for making a video where he had a cat fighting a scorpion (which he thought was just great). Seems he has been summoned to appear at a police station this week regarding that.

Lol - apparently he already deleted the coin video from his (youtube) account - probably clued in as to what the possible punishment could be for defacing an image of the king.

Enough evidence to live in a detention cell for me. Sorry, the "Thais so bad in English" was more than inappropriate. 

Just deport the jerk and his retarded pranks!

This a**H**e is giving a disastrous image to all farangs in the kingdom.

Thai Immigration should wake up, stop harassing the decent farangs at the airports and rather take care of this nut.

Edited by observer90210

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

I used to do this as a kid in the USA

39 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

This guy gets the Darwin award almost weekly. Not impressed.

"The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognize individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization by their own actions." wiki

Thus no award for Master Nate.     Perhaps if he lay on the railway tracks allowing trains to roll over him and tried to slip out between axles and was killed, then he would be eligible. Until then he's just the human equivalent of a house fly. Someone please swat him.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. When I was young it was a favourite passtime to flatten coins under passing streetcars.

Since Thai trains never, ever exceed the perilous speed of 40 kilometer per hour,  I don''t see much risk involved....

43 minutes ago, RawboneFunksta said:

He's an opinionated, entitled <deleted> who imagines himself a superstar with talent because he has followers on youtube and speaks Thai.

Silly boy.

Yet, he seems to be carving out a living doing exactly that...

Not a fan myself, but I do get a kick out of all the pensioners who hate the guy and don't really know why.  They think it's because he's an opinionated, entitled, no talent twerp.  But that's not it.