Condo Ghost Town or Urban Farm?

Inspire

Condo Ghost Town or Urban Farm?

EPTAS78-1024x477.jpg

Did you ever see a condo ghost town?  You know what I mean; one of those projects that somehow got sideways and never got finished.  Some start and stop a few times.  Some get near completion. Some actually get finished and then run into some problem with title transfer.  Whatever the reason, we still have some condo ghost towns here in Pattaya.  It is a sad but true fact of life when you have runaway development and little regulation.

One particularly sad story is not far from where I live in Jomtien.  This place showed such promise.  It is a well-designed low-rise paradise with plenty of open common space and greenery.  The buildings all went up but only a few were actually finished.  The whole place sits open-faced exposed to the punishing tropical elements, slowly decaying.

The buyer’s money is lost. The developer skipped town.  A beautiful piece of land has turned into a neighborhood eyesore.  The property is of no value to anyone.  Or is it?

One day I was walking buy and it looked as if someone was planting a garden in front of the privacy wall.  After watching this little urban farm grow a little every day, I stopped and talked to the old guy who was busy attending some sunflower plants.

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/condo-ghost-town-urban-farm/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2017-07-16

I drove past this every day - as used to live in Palm Oasis just around the corner. It's a pity as the buildings still seem in decent condition- even though being abandoned for years. Think it was called Zen- maybe wrong .

it would have been much nicer than the vast developments ( empty) that have been built in the area.

The 'garden' is a vegetable plot tended by an elderly guy from a mom & pop shop opposite- sells some veg, barbecue chicken etc. Just growing a bit to sell 

When I first arrived in Pats, I was told that every condo/housing project had 'real' money backing it.  That's when I figured out what 'real' means here.  Good to see some fruits (or is it veggies) bearing some financial gain.

• 2 weeks later...