Why does Trump get a pass, and many of us here do not?

bkk6060

So, I was back in the states with several family members recently discussing my life here.  Most of them are conservative Christian types. At their request, I showed some photos of a few of the ladies I have met all about 30. Nothing racey, just photos of a few places we visited.  Then, they started in on their judgment of the age difference.  My stepmother ranting about what a sick perv. I am. 

So, I know they all voted for Trump and love him so I asked them: what about him?  They come back with the: Oh, he is a billionare, its ok.  Well, I am not poor.

I don' t get the reasoning.  They seem to have a big problem with my age difference yet he or other super rich get a pass??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your options are clear...

1.  win the lottery

2. find someone your age (how old are you?)

3. keep your love life private

4. grow a backbone

5. stop trolling on this forum

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another likely factor in their attitudes is RACIAL.

trump gets his "mail order brides" from countries of WHITE people.
You're going to the "fleshpots" of Asia.

Such attitudes die hard, even if they're not at the surface. 

You're a wonderful individual to say his women were mail order brides, his wives were/are all we to do... and all apart from this one were close to his age.

Difference between a successful businessman pulling a beautiful well to do younger woman on his own patch and someone travelling to Pattaya and buying poverty stricken bar girls to form a relationship is pretty vast.

1 hour ago, ffaarraanngg said:

You're a wonderful individual to say his women were mail order brides, his wives were/are all we to do... and all apart from this one were close to his age.

Difference between a successful businessman pulling a beautiful well to do younger woman on his own patch and someone travelling to Pattaya and buying poverty stricken bar girls to form a relationship is pretty vast.

The only difference is the amount of money as far as I can see. The bargirl is trying to get herself a better life, for herself and perhaps her kids. What reason does Melania have other than pure greed and power? Personally, I have more respect for the bargirl.

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The only difference is the amount of money as far as I can see. The bargirl is trying to get herself a better life, for herself and perhaps her kids. What reason does Melania have other than pure greed and power? Personally, I have more respect for the bargirl.

She's fluent in 5 languages, devoted to her son, and used to be chummy with Hillary.  And the Op's family probably adores her.

Tell us about your bargirl.

4 minutes ago, rijb said:

She's fluent in 5 languages, devoted to her son, and used to be chummy with Hillary.  And the Op's family probably adores her.

Tell us about your bargirl.

..and her reason for marrying Trump is? Chummy with Hillary doesn't earn her any brownie points. As far as being devoted to her son, isn't that supposed to be the norm for a mother?

Melania has basically admitted she married him for his money. That's fine. It's a business decision. But does anyone really believe she was ever into him sexually? He's a gross, disgusting man.  Not just physically. 

So bible thumping trumpists think that is a "moral" relationship? Give us a break. It's high class prostitution. Fools nobody. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Melania has basically admitted she married him for his money. That's fine. It's a business decision. But does anyone really believe she was ever into him sexually? He's a gross, disgusting man.  Not just physically. 

So bible thumping trumpists think that is a "moral" relationship? Give us a break. It's high class prostitution. Fools nobody. 

Agreed. She's just a better educated hooker.

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How is their sex life related to the Op?  And how is it any of your business?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How is asking about "my" bargirl any of yours? Bit of a Melania fanboy are you?

You hold her in such high esteem, I was just being polite.  Best wishes for a long and happy life.

To quote F. Scott Fitzgerald, "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me".  Written in 1926 but, unfortunately, some people still seem to hold that the rich are different, that simply by being very rich they are somehow allowed, maybe even expected, to behave badly.  And, all is forgiven because, well, they are very rich.  Regrettably, some of your relatives seem to fall into this category.  Not that I think marrying a younger woman is behaving badly.  But, lots of other bad behavior on Trump's part, too much of which he is being given a free pass.

It is about position and power also which of cource many times goes hand to hand with richness..

Our president is 68 years ( finland) has young 40 years old wife too and i have noticed many times when visiting homeland that same "rules" which applies to ordinary people does not apply to our very popular president. 

And i also agree to Jingthing that maby there is also some racial factor also,,

15 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

The fact Trump is very rich while his wife was relatively poor before.

What is the real difference then between him and men going to Thailand to find a woman.

16 hours ago, rijb said:

Your options are clear...

1.  win the lottery

2. find someone your age (how old are you?)

3. keep your love life private

4. grow a backbone

5. stop trolling on this forum

6. change your family

It's a fact of life... and outcome of human evolutionary history: women seek resources in their potential partners and men seek youth and beauty. That applies, consciously or not, from Melania to the Pattaya bargirl and most everyone in between. Of course, the evolutionary bit won't 'sell' to your evangelical relatives, but that doesn't change the truth of the matter.

As for Trump getting a 'pass'... he gets a pass on many things (especially from the evangelical crowd) ... from having multiple marriages, to admitting to sexual assault, to insulting war heroes and the disabled (I could go on for a paragraph). So don't take it personally. This is just how personality cults work...    

Trump used to be chummy with Democrats, too.

Might also point out this is Trump's third marriage, and openly bragged about cheating on first one.

My guess is that situations like this often money can't buy love (was DT ever looking for that, or just trophy?), and money can't buy happiness (in fems view, but they can work out an "arrangement")

When you get a say over their economic prospects and they think that you might be on their side and you have sufficient media and TV exposure so that they think they know and love you but have never met you, they will forgive you, you can get away with such age differences.

But also remember, he is seventy something and his wife is late forties, that means that the folks forgive him more than if there were the same age difference and he were a younger man - say in his mid fifties while his wife is 30. I don't know why this is but there is something about a woman being almost 50 and a man could be almost any age and nobody minds.

You should ask your relatives about the French president who is much younger than his wife - he is in his forties while she is in her 60s. She used to be his school teacher. Betcha they will have lots of fun over that . . . 

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Another likely factor in their attitudes is RACIAL.

trump gets his "mail order brides" from countries of WHITE people.
You're going to the "fleshpots" of Asia.

Such attitudes die hard, even if they're not at the surface. 

If they are dead I wouldn't want them at the surface!

1 hour ago, humqdpf said:

When you get a say over their economic prospects and they think that you might be on their side and you have sufficient media and TV exposure so that they think they know and love you but have never met you, they will forgive you, you can get away with such age differences.

But also remember, he is seventy something and his wife is late forties, that means that the folks forgive him more than if there were the same age difference and he were a younger man - say in his mid fifties while his wife is 30. I don't know why this is but there is something about a woman being almost 50 and a man could be almost any age and nobody minds.

You should ask your relatives about the French president who is much younger than his wife - he is in his forties while she is in her 60s. She used to be his school teacher. Betcha they will have lots of fun over that . . . 

Macron:

39 years
December 21, 1977

Brigitte Macron:

64 years

April 13, 1953

Emmanuel Macron and Brigitte Macron have been married since 2007.

Brigitte-Macron-in-pictures-801717.jpg

Archived