Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai kids love watching him.. I bet the 30,000 that signed have kids that watch him also. 

He has done a good good job at them digging up an old law never used.

deport, deport, deport. that's all you seem to hear on this forum nowadays. the guys a bit of a knob but I think most peoples grievances come from jealousy that he's carved out a decent enough career here. sure he's acting a prat now but mostly he's just copying crap from the west and regurgitating it for the thai crowd with his Mormon taught thai language skills. don't be surprised to see him hosting his own tv shows in the future and don't really expect him to get deported, because it's not going to happen.

Maybe the Thai Army should invade Utah.

Oh come on, now you're just being silly!

How are you going to get a submarine to Utah for goodness sake, it's in the middle of a gurt big desert!

Thai kids love watching him.. I bet the 30,000 that signed have kids that watch him also. 

He has done a good good job at them digging up an old law never used.

You know, in some bizarre way, he may just be widening the children's horizons to beyond Thailand?

A nob but a useful nob. You can use nobs to open doors...

His problems may begin when the powers that be decide that they want to keep the door closed.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

He is a horrible parasite and I will be overjoyed to see him get arrested and thrown out of the country. I won't shed a single tear if he happens to get thrown in the local jail for a while first though. Scumbag gives foreigners a bad name.

Gives foreigners a bad name?

I can see more distasteful behavior sullying foreigners' collective name every day around Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins. It is illegal to mess with Thai money by tearing it, or burning it or stepping on it as this is a direct assault against the Thai royalty.  If they want to kick him out of put him in jail, then that is where they need to start. 

Edited by holy cow cm

If anyone sees him before he gets kicked out, kindly douse him in liquid nitrogen, lock him in a room with some scorpions, and then stick him to a railway track to see how his strength compares to those of the coins.

Edited by auntyedna
grammar mistake

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook quoted an expert from a Lat Krabang engineering institute - Mongkhol Mongkholwongjot - as saying that while coins on the tracks could not derail a train, over time they could cause damage to the wheels and tracks limiting their lifespan.

Does he mean if someone would for the next 10 years replace the coins after each train passing, or if someone would put coins all the way of the thousands of km of track.

Something isn't clear from the statement

Just now, holy cow cm said:

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins. It is illegal to mess with Thai money by tearing it, or burning it or stepping on it as this is a direct assault again the Thai royalty.  If they want to kick him out of put him in jail, then that is where they need to start. 

20 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Does defacing an image of the King fall under lese majeste laws ?

LOL

I'm certain prosecutors will be thanking Thaivisa's crackerjack barstool legal team for their interpretation of Thai law.

7 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

LOL

I'm certain prosecutors will be thanking Thaivisa's crackerjack barstool legal team for their interpretation of Thai law.

I asked a question, not offer my  interpretation of the law.

Edited by Techno Viking

4 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

LOL

Sorry, but I have known about this law regarding Thai money and the King for over 20 years. See how far you get if you are caught with your foot on a Thai bill. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Sorry, but I have known about this law regarding Thai money and the King for over 20 years. See how far you get if you are caught with your foot on a Thai bill. 

he used foreign coins. maybe he's not as stupid as some people were hoping

so what happened to the police 'fully investigating his work permit' after the cat stunt?

he's all in order?

i'd be interested to hear what type of work setup he has and if he hasn't does that mean 'digital nomadism' is effectively legal? hmmm..

If anyone sees him before he gets kicked out, kindly douse him in liquid nitrogen, lock him in a room with some scorpions, and then stick him to a railway track to see how his strength compares to those of the coins.

Ingenious, if perhaps a touch over the top!

The guy is a complete tosser, but if he is staying here legally and hasn't broken any serious laws I don't see how he can be deported. I think if he was actually charged with animal cruelty offences at most he would have to pay a fine or fines. As for the trespass violation, I am not sure but suspect it would be the same. Pretty sure these are not 'deportable' offences. 

One cannot be deported just because some people (myself included) find their behaviour offensive and sign a petition. I think a big issue for most is that he is making $ from his antics. 

It reminds me of a petition in the US put forward by 'non-Beliebers' to have Justin Bieber deported to his native Canada. Which I think spawned a funny counter-petition in Canada to deny his re-entry/repatriation. 

Unless they can convict this fella of a serious crime, looks like Thailand may be stuck with him. 

P.S. Even if he got convicted under LM112 he would still not be deported and have to do jail time here.

Edited by docshock13
Amendment

24 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Ah well "Happy Enough" beat me to it.

I was just about to suggest that you contact the authorities with your details so you could be summoned as an expert witness at the guy's deportation hearing.

48 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

he used foreign coins. maybe he's not as stupid as some people were hoping

Thinking he is smart is redundant. Maybe there was one Thai coin in the bunch flattened as there were numerous showed in the cupped hand..  Even if not perhaps one of the Queen of England or can be construed an attack demeaning on the Thai foreign friends. 

Let the Ex-missionary take his fate as a man. 

Edited by holy cow cm