Best Farang friendly car sales showroom

mikey99

I'm looking to purchase a new car, either a pickup or SUV and am looking for the best place around to purchase.

I'm not really bothered whether it is a Toyota or a Ford or a Chevy or a ........

What I looking for is ease of purchase to a Farang. Finance will be required.

Your opinions / experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When I bought four or five years ago I found the dealers here in town to be uniformly useless. Not interested in selling, not interested in discussing prices, no stock and no brains. Since my purchase some dealerships have opened up in Na Jomtien and these may be better: I certainly do use one of them for my servicing rather than use the dealers in town.

But my recommendation would be to go to Bangkok as the dealers there seemed to be much more on the ball and prepared to talk.

I have no idea about finance as I dont need it.

I do find it odd that you dont care what brand/model of car you buy though.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

When I bought four or five years ago I found the dealers here in town to be uniformly useless. Not interested in selling, not interested in discussing prices, no stock ...

Can't disagree with this.

I found Ford to be the better of a bad bunch (but this was my 2nd new car from there, so they knew me).

I don't have any experience with finance - I guess that will be a tricky area to navigate for most foreigners.

When I was in the market, the sales staff at the Isuzudealership on Second Road near Central Mall were very helpful and keen to make a sale. The newish Nissan dealership on Sukie in Na Jomtien were also pleasant to deal with. Sorry but don't know about finance as I paid cash.

Have to agree with the other contributors. Having been a Toyota owner in the UK for 20+ years, I was set on buying a Toyota pickup however the Pattaya dealership staff were so unhelpful, I ended up at Mazda. Have to say that they (Mazda) were enthusiastic and I consider I had a good deal. White plates took months to come through.

You can talk to Khun Suchart at the Honda showroom in N Pattaya, they are located a couple of clicks past the hospital on Sukhumvit. 

I have purchased two CRVs from him over the years,  no problems with the cars, with the service or with the staff.  

He speaks perfect English and is most helpful without being pushy.  His office is to the left of where the sales girls sit in the showroom. 

I have no idea about the sales girls that work there as I have never dealt with them.

8 minutes ago, tonboy said:

try Siammotorworld, ask for Tim (English guy)
http://www.siammotorworld.com/

They will help you to find the best deal. 
In march 2017 I bought a secondhand car there but they also sell new cars.

Plus one from me too. 

Top service, multilingual, no bull poop, very high customer satisfaction ( me being one) and will continue to assist you post purchase. 

Doesnt get much much better than that, anywhere in this world of ours!

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I do find it odd that you dont care what brand/model of car you buy though

Thanks for the reply :-).

I do care about the model, less for the brand though as all cars are pretty much the same for me. Until recently I have always had a company car and just driven what was given me, or from a limited choice in a catolog. Since then I have had a couple of clapped out second hand cars just as a drive around and when I travel on business I have a hire car.

That is most probably why I don't care about the brand.

10 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

where are you?

i wanted a new mitsubishi. the dealership at the north end of pattaya ripped me off and kept my 14000thb deposit. the dealership on the south end of pattaya were great. i dont know how a foreigner would go about getting finance.

Currently in France - moving to Thailand at the beginning of October. With the job. I will be working in Eastern Seaboard and living somewhere between there and Pattaya, most probably around Lake Mab Prachan where I can get easy access to get to / from work.

10 hours ago, CutiePi said:

When I was in the market, the sales staff at the Isuzudealership on Second Road near Central Mall were very helpful and keen to make a sale. The newish Nissan dealership on Sukie in Na Jomtien were also pleasant to deal with. Sorry but don't know about finance as I paid cash.

Thanks for the info, very useful.

9 hours ago, GordonP said:

Have to agree with the other contributors. Having been a Toyota owner in the UK for 20+ years, I was set on buying a Toyota pickup however the Pattaya dealership staff were so unhelpful, I ended up at Mazda. Have to say that they (Mazda) were enthusiastic and I consider I had a good deal. White plates took months to come through.

Thanks for the info, useful too.

8 hours ago, CatCage said:

You can talk to Khun Suchart at the Honda showroom in N Pattaya, they are located a couple of clicks past the hospital on Sukhumvit. 

I have purchased two CRVs from him over the years,  no problems with the cars, with the service or with the staff.  

He speaks perfect English and is most helpful without being pushy.  His office is to the left of where the sales girls sit in the showroom. 

I have no idea about the sales girls that work there as I have never dealt with them.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my wife had a bad experience with a Honda before and I guess I won't be allowed to buy one :-).........

7 hours ago, tonboy said:

try Siammotorworld, ask for Tim (English guy)
http://www.siammotorworld.com/

They will help you to find the best deal. 
In march 2017 I bought a secondhand car there but they also sell new cars.

6 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Plus one from me too. 

Top service, multilingual, no bull poop, very high customer satisfaction ( me being one) and will continue to assist you post purchase. 

Doesnt get much much better than that, anywhere in this world of ours!

Thanks very much for the recommendation, having two for the same guy is a big plus :-).

1 hour ago, mikey99 said:

I do care about the model, less for the brand though as all cars are pretty much the same for me.

In Thailand things are different. Some smaller brands can have problems with getting parts, and outside of the big three (Isuzu, Toshiba, Mitsubishi) you may find that dealers are a bit scarce in some parts of the country. I think that servicing costs can vary quite a lot between brands also.

4 hours ago, mikey99 said:

Thanks very much for the recommendation, having two for the same guy is a big plus :-).

Hi Mikey, 

i bought my second hand BMW through him unseen. Never regretted it. He would not however let me buy it until he had done a thorough bumper to bumper check with us Thai assistant ( again a very nice, no nonsense chap)

he is a most unassuming chapwho has been here many years. Give him a bell, check his website, you cannot go wrong. You might even find the motor you are looking for on his website. 

There is a fairly new Ford dealership in Laem Chabang on Sukhumvit.... the salesgirl in a short skirt seemed friendly, a little too much so as the Mrs pulled me out by the ear and back to the service centre. Still got the old Truck! :passifier:

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There is a fairly new Ford dealership in Laem Chabang on Sukhumvit.... the salesgirl in a short skirt seemed friendly, a little too much so as the Mrs pulled me out by the ear and back to the service centre. Still got the old Truck! :passifier:

Short skirts you say...does that comply with the fair trade standards act?

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

In Thailand things are different. Some smaller brands can have problems with getting parts, and outside of the big three (Isuzu, Toshiba, Mitsubishi) you may find that dealers are a bit scarce in some parts of the country. I think that servicing costs can vary quite a lot between brands also.

Appeciate the reply, howeverI don't think that this is not far different from other places in the world, what makes it different (and more difficult) is dealing in an environment where it is not our langauge nor our culture. 

If you look at France there is a Peugeot Garage on every street corner in every town (a slight exageration I know :-) ) and spare parts are 'relatively' cheap in comparision to other less well sold brands and also easy to get hold of. Servicing costs (labour) are the same everywhere. What makes the difference is the cost of the replacement parts.  

This is why I'm looking for feedback on the most farang friendly places in the area. Some extra baht on spare parts is minimal in cost in relation to time and hassle spent with bad service.

Regards

Mike

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

:-)

20 minutes ago, tonray said:

Do you research on the internet, you don't need any help from the dealer unless you are trying to finance. Them just bargain the best price you can. 

Thanks for the reply. I am doing reserch on the internet and this is part of it :-).