Storms To Soak Thailand Throughout This Week

snoop1130

Storms To Soak Thailand Throughout This Week

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Image-uploaded-from-iOS-2-696x522.jpg

A flooded street Tuesday night in Yan Nawa district, Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The kingdom will see another full week of rains as showers range from Chiang Mai to Yala.

According to the Thai Meteorological Department, Bangkok will see a 70 percent chance of rain through Wednesday and a 60 percent chance through Sunday, while temperatures will range from 24C to 33C.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/07/17/storms-soak-thailand-throughout-week/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-17

I've lived through 3 lots of flooding in Nakhon Sawan, now beginning to be concerned about aĺl this early rainfall. River is already very high here. Hope that water management can do a better job than previously 

7 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I've lived through 3 lots of flooding in Nakhon Sawan, now beginning to be concerned about aĺl this early rainfall. River is already very high here. Hope that water management can do a better job than previously 

I lived through the 2011 flooding.. i feel your pain. But if it happens so often isnt the location wrong then ? 

Where I live almost never floods only in 2011 and that was largely because of mis management of the dams (they released the water far too late and had to release it at the worst possible time because they had no backup capacity anymore). Now they discharge water ahead at better times. So 2011 will probably don't happen again.

So far here in the south the forecast has been totally wrong. And it seems to be totally wrong also for the rest of the week, looking at more reliable weather sites.

Even TMD itself seems to be confused,

Edited by stevenl

Good Thailand gets rain so the dams can build up the required level for dry season

Did see that watermanagement canals were cleaned but as Always some fool brings a truck of Something and dumps

locals here did clean it out again  think if all canal and irrigation Chanels were cleaned it would save much grief with flooding  

sorry for all that get flodded out   

had to also lost all the garden walls but  now made the good way \saying that if a big flood comes nothing wins it is frightening  .

when flood warings come stay alert stay alive