Non 0 visa and denied entry

24 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

What is confusing me (tiz easy now a days mind).

It has been widley reported on here that some Consulates have been told they can no longer issue Non O visas Embassies only ie Hull/liverpool ect. So are we saying that Consulates in France can still issue Non o visa?

I think they can still issue single entry non-o visas at consulates. But not multiple entry non-o visas. Most honorary consulates have had the ability to issue multiple entry visas taken away from them. Perhaps that is the reason for your confusion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Penang's a consulate I got a spousal 1-year Multi entry there a few years ago, don't  know about now but I believe you can still get one there

There are two types of consulates - "honorary" ones and "official" ones.  For example, there are "official" consulates in the USA who can issue 1-year ME visas, but the "honorary" ones cannot.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I recall the issue with consulates not being able to issue visa is with ME visa, not with single entries.

It is only honorary consulates that cannot issue them. Official Thai consulate can still issue multiple entry visas. You need to differentiate between the 2 when you post.

• Like 1

Just now, JackThompson said:

There are two types of consulates - "honorary" ones and "official" ones.  For example, there are "official" consulates in the USA who can issue 1-year ME visas, but the "honorary" ones cannot.

Thanks for the info. They do seem to try and make it as confusing as possible to attain a Visa

1 hour ago, DeeMak9 said:

Can someone please edit this title?

To late to do an edit. Only minor typos can be corrected. Changing the title also changes the address for the topic which can mess things up.

Blame the poster not Thai visa.

19 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Penang's a consulate I got a spousal 1-year Multi entry there a few years ago, don't  know about now but I believe you can still get one there

Yes, in the past you could get them (almost) anywhere, but we're talking about now.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only honorary consulates that cannot issue them. Official Thai consulate can still issue multiple entry visas. You need to differentiate between the 2 when you post.

Netherlands and Belgium only embassies issue ME visa. In the past also consulates did.

Just noticed Amsterdam consulate is also honorary, never knew that.

Edited by stevenl

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You must not of looked a very many embassy and consulate websites. Almost everyone of them have errors  that have been on them for years. The don't listen to complaints.

At least they're consistent with informational errors.   :sad:

Knew id seen it somewhere 

The Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Lyon and the Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Monaco  are authorized by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue only two categories of visas:  Transit Visa and Tourist Visa .

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Knew id seen it somewhere 

The Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Lyon and the Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Monaco  are authorized by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue only two categories of visas:  Transit Visa and Tourist Visa .

I think the OP applied at the embassy not one of the honorary consulates. People call embassies consulates and consulates embassies all the time.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is is an error. It should be 500 euros which is about 20k baht.

Nope, 20000 Euros for Non O/A and 5000 for O. Makes perfect sense and in line with extension of stay requirements.

Hence having to show THB 20000 when arriving with either O or O/A would be perfect nonsense. But.. TIT.

Edited by Momofarang

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only official Thai consulate in Europe is the consulate in Frankfurt Germany.

The 27 official consulates in the world are shown here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

I used to do stuff and the Thai consulate in Geneva, while the Thai embassy is in Bern.

Edited by Momofarang

12 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Nope 20000 Euros for Non O/A and 5000 for O. Makes perfect sense and in line with extension of stay requirements.

Almost correct for the OA visa but there is still the income option. For marriage it is about half of what is needed for an extension of stay application. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momofarang said:

So, what is the difference, from the client's perspective?

It depends upon what they want. A honorary consulate cannot issue certain visas. For example they cannot issue OA visas.

The also cannot do Thai passports and etc.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Almost correct for the OA visa but there is still the income option. For marriage it is about half of what is needed for an extension of stay application. 

For O/A they don't make any retirement/Family support distinction.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Op states show 20k bht or equivalent  that makes it €516

I went at the Consulate 9 am and about 11.30 got my three months(single entry) Non O visa based on my marriage.

What they ask was:

1)Fill up the visa request

2)One photo

3)Bank statement proving i have at least 500 euros in my bank account( show them also Thanachart Bank account)

4)Marriage certification

5)My wife passport

6)As my wife passport was expired they ask me for the id card copy(English or France language)

7)My wife tambieen ban(English or France language)

8)Copy of my flight ticket

9)60 euroa to be paied once visa was issue

All my wife's documents should be sign by her .

i open this 3ad just wondering if i have to carry cash for the immigration in Bnagkok

Edited by Ian1980

The embassy or the consulate asks for the proofs of money either in bank statements or cards, hotel bookings and return tickets. It's not guaranteed that they have money in their accounts. Also visitors from  some chosen countries need no very sad and need not show return tickets too. Also some airlines allow passengers to board with out return tickets. We get to read daily reports of people with no money to go back  and to cover their daily expenses. If one watches immigration videos on YouTube one can understand and relate to this this situation. Irrespective of the nationality people are stopped and deported for not having sufficient funds to support them during the stay. This is nothing new. So I hope there is no need to make a fuss and an issue of this simple issue. Of course one has to carry proofs of statements up to date and some minimum funds. One can't travel with literally no money. I personally feel that carrying up to 10000 baht is absolutely fine and remaining can be shown in bank account. This I think is directed at those who live on multiples visas hip hopping borders. 

2 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

8)Copy of my flight ticket

I would have thought it strongly inadvisable to book your flight until the visa had been granted! What might the rationale be for this seemingly absurd requirement?

After all you will then have 90 days after the visa has been issued to use it in order to gain entry into Thailand for 90 days from your date of arrival. More than sufficient time to get a suitable flight booked, I would have thought!

48 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I would have thought it strongly inadvisable to book your flight until the visa had been granted! What might the rationale be for this seemingly absurd requirement?

Many embassies and consulates want to see a ticket to here as part of their requirements to get a visa.

6 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I was told 400, 000 by Thai embassy in Doha. That was a year multi entry though

I was answering the OP's question and referring to the amount required under Thai immigration rules when entering the country. 20K for a visa holder and 10K for visa exempt entry.

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The OP didn't state whether he applied for a single or multiple entry Non Imm O, but regardless the website states 5000 euro financial requirement for either.

If as you state, it should only be 500 euro, I find it hard to believe the French Embassy hasn't received multiple complaints about the error and corrected their website. The OP may have simply missed a '0' from his figure of 20,000 baht.

There are errors on so many embassies/consulate websites across the world.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

There are errors on so many embassies/consulate websites across the world.

Agreed, however  in this case I believe the figure of 5,000 euros is correct for the financial requirements of a Non Imm O Visa, especially when you look at the financial requirements for the O-A Visa, which is 20,000 euros.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-o-a/

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

In this case i bought my ticket in Thailand, so when i present the visa request its was just a one way ticket